Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Giving Credit Where Credit's Due: Offensive Stats Before and After the Sherm Lewis Hire

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 05:34 PM   #61
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,615
Re: Giving Credit Where Credit's Due: Offensive Stats Before and After the Sherm Lewis Hire

But I couldn't tell if maybe that was a shot at Zorn. Like "yeah now he's working with Campbell more closely and it's made a difference (no it hasn't because Campbell was just fine before)" Or something like that.

I don't know. It sounds unusual coming from Kelly who from all I've heard is very popular among teammates, coaches, office staff, etc.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-03-2009, 05:44 PM   #62
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,391
Re: Giving Credit Where Credit's Due: Offensive Stats Before and After the Sherm Lewis Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Mike Sellers all but indicated that in an interview. I think the offense is coming together now; whereas before it couldnt - Portis is too much of a diva and a divisive force on the team. For example, he tried to get Sellers pulled from a game for missing an assignment. I read that Sellers is the "Alpha Male" on the team - the one guy you can't mess with and get away with. That, after Portis' lack of practicing and buddy-buddy relationship with the owner for the past several years, could very well have been the proverbial "last straw."

I get that Portis himself has lost a step or two, but I think this offense has more "energy" and is more productive when Portis isnt there.
I saw the Sellers interview and it was definitely a shot at Portis. I agree with your post 100%.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 07:03 PM   #63
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,655
Re: Giving Credit Where Credit's Due: Offensive Stats Before and After the Sherm Lewis Hire

Am I missing something what was so bad about what Kelly said?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:23 PM   #64
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,615
Re: Giving Credit Where Credit's Due: Offensive Stats Before and After the Sherm Lewis Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Am I missing something what was so bad about what Kelly said?
I think if he left it at "Jason's game has also improved" that'd be one thing, but it struck me as a bit odd when he continued with "I guess it has. I really donít want to be the one to bad mouth anyone.Ē
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:24 PM   #65
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 36
Posts: 2,906
Re: Giving Credit Where Credit's Due: Offensive Stats Before and After the Sherm Lewis Hire

Yeah yeah yeah . . . . Whatever. . . . Let's give some real credit where it's due:

__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:00 PM   #66
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Giving Credit Where Credit's Due: Offensive Stats Before and After the Sherm Lewis Hire

Hard to say where the young WRs are coming from IMO. To me these guys are a bright spot on this team.

...if us fans are lucky enough to get a legitimate FO/coaching staff by next season I think Thomas and Kelly could be a great duo (along w/ Fred) in most offensive systems. Add Cooley to the mix and OMG we just need a new offensive line and backfield talent to reach the stars lol. Seriously I just think any solid NFL coach should be able to really get a lot more out of the this team, after adding the necessary talent at a few key positions.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:21 AM   #67
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,655
Re: Giving Credit Where Credit's Due: Offensive Stats Before and After the Sherm Lewis Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think if he left it at "Jason's game has also improved" that'd be one thing, but it struck me as a bit odd when he continued with "I guess it has. I really donít want to be the one to bad mouth anyone.Ē
I really can't tell what way he was going with that.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:25 AM   #68
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Giving Credit Where Credit's Due: Offensive Stats Before and After the Sherm Lewis Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Hard to say where the young WRs are coming from IMO. To me these guys are a bright spot on this team.

...if us fans are lucky enough to get a legitimate FO/coaching staff by next season I think Thomas and Kelly could be a great duo (along w/ Fred) in most offensive systems. Add Cooley to the mix and OMG we just need a new offensive line and backfield talent to reach the stars lol. Seriously I just think any solid NFL coach should be able to really get a lot more out of the this team, after adding the necessary talent at a few key positions.
I do agree with you that they have been a bright spot this year. however, if we completely switch offensive systems, it might take these guys a couple of years to catch on. and heaven forbid we hire shanahan and he wants to bring in a new DC (instead of promoting gray) and our defense has to start over from scratch.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 04:07 AM   #69
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Giving Credit Where Credit's Due: Offensive Stats Before and After the Sherm Lewis Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
But I couldn't tell if maybe that was a shot at Zorn. Like "yeah now he's working with Campbell more closely and it's made a difference (no it hasn't because Campbell was just fine before)" Or something like that.

I don't know. It sounds unusual coming from Kelly who from all I've heard is very popular among teammates, coaches, office staff, etc.
He could just be saying he doesn't want to imply that these guys weren't doing well beforehand, that's what I got out of it.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:17 PM   #70
The Starter
 
T.O.Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin, MD
Posts: 2,028
Re: Giving Credit Where Credit's Due: Offensive Stats Before and After the Sherm Lewis Hire

I think that if we had brought in Shermin Lewis from the start we may still be in the playoff race. And cudos to Vinny for bringing this guy in.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:26 PM   #71
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,388
Re: Giving Credit Where Credit's Due: Offensive Stats Before and After the Sherm Lewis Hire

I was thinking to bump this thread and refresh what our O has done:
Zorn calling plays:
17pts, 9, 14, 16, 17, 6

Sherm calling plays
17, 17, 27, 6, 24, 30, 34

I know there were other factors, but that is a Great trending line. Especially when you factor in the strength of the competition!
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:35 PM   #72
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,391
Re: Giving Credit Where Credit's Due: Offensive Stats Before and After the Sherm Lewis Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I was thinking to bump this thread and refresh what our O has done:
Zorn calling plays:
17pts, 9, 14, 16, 17, 6

Sherm calling plays
17, 17, 27, 6, 24, 30, 34

I know there were other factors, but that is a Great trending line. Especially when you factor in the strength of the competition!
That was a good article by Boswell that SFREDSKIN linked to. Zorn admits he's made mistakes and has learned some things. Sherm may have something to do with this.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:18 AM   #73
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,615
Re: Giving Credit Where Credit's Due: Offensive Stats Before and After the Sherm Lewis Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
I think that if we had brought in Shermin Lewis from the start we may still be in the playoff race. And cudos to Vinny for bringing this guy in.
Haven't you been paying attention? Rule #73 of The Warpath...Vinny should never get credit for anything positive.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:40 AM   #74
The Starter
 
joethiesmanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,163
Re: Giving Credit Where Credit's Due: Offensive Stats Before and After the Sherm Lewis Hire

I say keep Zorn, we will never find another head coach who can make those interesting facial expressions on the sideline. He is a unique talent!!
joethiesmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:59 AM   #75
The Starter
 
SC Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,555
Re: Giving Credit Where Credit's Due: Offensive Stats Before and After the Sherm Lewis Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
He could just be saying he doesn't want to imply that these guys weren't doing well beforehand, that's what I got out of it.
If we are parsing words, I do think that is what he meant.
__________________
It has taken a long time, but I have finally realized that nothing I say about the Redskins will have any effect upon anything the Redskins do.
SC Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27231 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25