Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Why Are We So Divided On Jason Campbell?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2009, 01:31 PM   #46
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,928
Re: Why Are We So Divided On Jason Campbell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Maybe the mistake was switching Campbell to a West Coast (and yes I know he ran it one year in college) when he had just spent three NFL years learning the Gibbs/Saunders' system
Thats a whole other ball of wax. No one is talking about this fact that we switched our offensive philosophies to one that maybe didn't match our personel very well.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-23-2009, 01:42 PM   #47
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Why Are We So Divided On Jason Campbell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Thats a whole other ball of wax. No one is talking about this fact that we switched our offensive philosophies to one that maybe didn't match our personel very well.
We also drafted a lot of that personnel after the switch. Four players who contributed yesterday were drafted in the 2008 Draft, and Stephon Heyer was a holdover project who they determined (probably correctly) to be a west coast tackle. Considering that Cooley, Campbell, and Randle El all had really good years in the WCO, we're estentially just talking about Moss and Portis, and then some parts of the OL (which again, haven't been addressed in any meaningful way).

We got that good half-season from Portis by basically putting the WCO principals on the back-burner while we "ran to win." We were winning because we were running well, and Campbell was playing well because we were running well. But that running came at the expense of necessary development in the WCO. The hope was that a healthy OL this year could lead to a significant developement in the offense, but that was more hope than reality.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:53 PM   #48
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Why Are We So Divided On Jason Campbell?

I don't want to get too ahead here, espcially not in this thread, but a mutual scenerio might be swapping Alex Smith for Jason Campbell. Both could probably use a change of scenery, their both around the same age/same class, and arguably still have some upside.

That or ship him to Oakland for a conditional pick and maybe a solid depth player.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:00 PM   #49
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Why Are We So Divided On Jason Campbell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I don't want to get too ahead here, espcially not in this thread, but a mutual scenerio might be swapping Alex Smith for Jason Campbell. Both could probably use a change of scenery, their both around the same age/same class, and arguably still have some upside.

That or ship him to Oakland for a conditional pick and maybe a solid depth player.
I keep hearing: Seattle, St. Louis, and Arizona. San Francisco likes Nate Davis a lot, I think, and could be a possible Tebow landing spot. With Arizona, I think Whisenhunt specifically is high on him, after getting beat by him in two out of the last three seasons.

Seattle is probably going to cut Hasselbeck for financial reasons, and needs to decide whether they want to go with a Campbell-type 29 year old QB to lead the franchise in the short term, or start from scratch. You have the exact same deal in place for Bulger in St. Louis. They want to be in position to pick up a QB in the draft, but could see a trade of a third rounder for Campbell or Leinart as a better solution as to holding the status quo any longer.

I also keep hearing that Minnesota still wants to get Brady Quinn to replace Brett Favre eventually...but I'm skeptical because they could have just drafted him in 2007.

Oakland will probably draft Bradford with like the 5th overall pick. Or something equally incomprehensible.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:06 PM   #50
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Why Are We So Divided On Jason Campbell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
I keep hearing: Seattle, St. Louis, and Arizona. San Francisco likes Nate Davis a lot, I think, and could be a possible Tebow landing spot. With Arizona, I think Whisenhunt specifically is high on him, after getting beat by him in two out of the last three seasons.

Seattle is probably going to cut Hasselbeck for financial reasons, and needs to decide whether they want to go with a Campbell-type 29 year old QB to lead the franchise in the short term, or start from scratch. You have the exact same deal in place for Bulger in St. Louis. They want to be in position to pick up a QB in the draft, but could see a trade of a third rounder for Campbell or Leinart as a better solution as to holding the status quo any longer.

I also keep hearing that Minnesota still wants to get Brady Quinn to replace Brett Favre eventually...but I'm skeptical because they could have just drafted him in 2007.

Oakland will probably draft Bradford with like the 5th overall pick. Or something equally incomprehensible.
Those are good possibilities. San Francisco, I like, because they are similiar to Washington in a lot ways and I think a coach like Mike Singletary would be great for him. Seattle, eh? Similiar system as the one he's playing in now and they have a lot issues, so I don't see how he excels there.

As far as Zona goes, what do you with Matt Leinart, trade him? I think if someone could get through to Al Davis, you trade for Campbell and keep your first round pick.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:11 PM   #51
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,626
Re: Why Are We So Divided On Jason Campbell?

Campbell is a very strong possibility for Arizona (and a good possibility for Seattle). And I would add Carolina.

As for Leinart, I'll just repeat what I've said before. If the Redskins land Shanahan there is no doubt he is going to make a big push for Leinart. He's a fan and has hinted he'd want to go after him given the right situation.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:23 PM   #52
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Why Are We So Divided On Jason Campbell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Campbell is a very strong possibility for Arizona (and a good possibility for Seattle). And I would add Carolina.

As for Leinart, I'll just repeat what I've said before. If the Redskins land Shanahan there is no doubt he is going to make a big push for Leinart. He's a fan and has hinted he'd want to go after him given the right situation.
If Shanahan lands in Chicago, we all presume he would just keep Cutler there. But I have a strange feeling he's not as big of a Cutler fan as we all assume he is. Would it be fallacious to suggest that he would make a Leinart push even if he landed the Chicago job?

On a seperate note, hire Lovie Smith!
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:44 PM   #53
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Why Are We So Divided On Jason Campbell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Campbell is a very strong possibility for Arizona (and a good possibility for Seattle). And I would add Carolina.

As for Leinart, I'll just repeat what I've said before. If the Redskins land Shanahan there is no doubt he is going to make a big push for Leinart. He's a fan and has hinted he'd want to go after him given the right situation.
Going to Arizona is about the only way I can see Campbell having any sort of career in the NFL. Its the perfect situation for him at the right time. Not sure how i feel about Leinart here, though - although he'd probably be better than anyone else available.

As far as Shanahan goes, one place thats not really been discussed as a possible landing spot for him is Chicago. I realize Lovie Smith is not really in the hot seat right now, but it would seem to be a really good fit - Cutler, big market, great fanbase, cold city, Blue and Orange...
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:53 PM   #54
The Starter
 
rbanerjee23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,344
Re: Why Are We So Divided On Jason Campbell?

The reason he calls all the anti-JC people Snyder fans is because if you think JC is the biggest problem then you will be super happy with Snyder for chucking him and not addressing the bigger problems of the offensive line.
__________________
"Tough times don't last but tough people do"

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:03 PM   #55
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,626
Re: Why Are We So Divided On Jason Campbell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
If Shanahan lands in Chicago, we all presume he would just keep Cutler there. But I have a strange feeling he's not as big of a Cutler fan as we all assume he is. Would it be fallacious to suggest that he would make a Leinart push even if he landed the Chicago job?

On a seperate note, hire Lovie Smith!
He's not likely to go after Leinart if he takes over in Dallas or Chicago. Washington or Buffalo is another matter.

Lovie Smith is definitely on thin ice. Maybe a Bears reunion with Morocco Brown as the GM, and Lovie as the head coach? Probably not going to happen though
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:14 PM   #56
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Why Are We So Divided On Jason Campbell?

Speaking of which, whatever happened to Trent Edwards? My god, even Jason Campbell has to raise some questions for their management.

I don't know if Ryan Fitzpatrick is quite as obviously not a solution as Todd Collins is, but the situations are definately similar: replace a player who has shown promise in a bad organization for pretty much the next guy to walk through the door.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:16 PM   #57
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,626
Re: Why Are We So Divided On Jason Campbell?

Trent Edwards was put in a terrible situation this year, but he also hasn't done anything noteworthy. It's been disappointing to say the least. T Jack looked alright yesterday against Seattle though.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:20 PM   #58
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,928
Re: Why Are We So Divided On Jason Campbell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Speaking of which, whatever happened to Trent Edwards? My god, even Jason Campbell has to raise some questions for their management.

I don't know if Ryan Fitzpatrick is quite as obviously not a solution as Todd Collins is, but the situations are definately similar: replace a player who has shown promise in a bad organization for pretty much the next guy to walk through the door.
Another great example of an offense with a bad line. It's poison for a QB.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:51 PM   #59
The Starter
 
30gut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,099
Re: Why Are We So Divided On Jason Campbell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
I also keep hearing that Minnesota still wants to get Brady Quinn to replace Brett Favre eventually...but I'm skeptical because they could have just drafted him in 2007.
I think Favre bought T-Jack more time to develop and i think that T-Jack will be better for it.
When Favre walks away i think T-Jack will take over for the Vikings.
They already brought in Sage and T-Jack beat him out for the 2 spot.
I don't know why they would want Quinn over T-Jack.
__________________
No longer were NFL coaches dealing inflexibly with spread [QBs] in ways that caused stunted development for players like [A. Smith and Vick] now, the idea is to bring what the quarterback can do, and what he should do, together as an organic whole
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:58 PM   #60
The Starter
 
30gut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,099
Re: Why Are We So Divided On Jason Campbell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Campbell is a very strong possibility for Arizona (and a good possibility for Seattle). And I would add Carolina.

As for Leinart, I'll just repeat what I've said before. If the Redskins land Shanahan there is no doubt he is going to make a big push for Leinart. He's a fan and has hinted he'd want to go after him given the right situation.
What makes you say that Shanahan likes Matt Leinart?

Just curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
If Shanahan lands in Chicago, we all presume he would just keep Cutler there. But I have a strange feeling he's not as big of a Cutler fan as we all assume he is. Would it be fallacious to suggest that he would make a Leinart push even if he landed the Chicago job?

On a seperate note, hire Lovie Smith!
Where does this Shanahan Leinart connection come from?

I don't have any inisde information but logic tells me that if Shanahan went to Chicago he wouldn't then make a QB move to remove Cutler.

He built the No.4 offense with Cutler at the helm; Shanahan knows how to create a QB.

*If Lovie gets fired and Shanahan takes the HC job here then i hope he would bring Lovie Smith as DC image what Lovie would do with the weapons on our defense? It would be sick!
__________________
No longer were NFL coaches dealing inflexibly with spread [QBs] in ways that caused stunted development for players like [A. Smith and Vick] now, the idea is to bring what the quarterback can do, and what he should do, together as an organic whole
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30407 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25