Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Looks like Mason will be resigned

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2009, 04:40 PM   #16
The Starter
 
warriorzpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,659
Re: Looks like Mason will be resigned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I would rather see Ganther given more touches and to be out there more than Mason, since he can pass block better.
yeah, I guess that's a personal preference - a running back that can pass block better or one that can run better. While I'd like both, I'd prefer the running back that can run. And I know he hasn't gotten a whole lot of chances, but Ganther hasn't shown much when given the ball.
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-23-2009, 04:45 PM   #17
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,173
Re: Looks like Mason will be resigned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
All else aside, when the Redskins call, you get several hundreds of thousands of dollars, minimum, to respond. I'd respond even if they had repeatedly disrespected me.
you sound like zorn
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 04:45 PM   #18
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Looks like Mason will be resigned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
If I was Mason i would have turned the skins down. How many times can the team crap on you? I mean heck i know its another chance at the NFL but i feel Mason was dissed horribly by being cut so many times.

Only way i'd come back is if I had a chance to compete for the feature back spot next year.....
If he is that good then he will have 32 teams get to see if he can be a featured back. So far it looks like the skins are the only team to have even given him a chance.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 04:48 PM   #19
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,799
Re: Looks like Mason will be resigned

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorzpath View Post
yeah, I guess that's a personal preference - a running back that can pass block better or one that can run better. While I'd like both, I'd prefer the running back that can run. And I know he hasn't gotten a whole lot of chances, but Ganther hasn't shown much when given the ball.
Well with the line that we have, we need a good pass blocking RB. And I think Ganther hasn't been given many chances to prove himself. I'm sure in this upcoming game we'll see what he has.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 04:53 PM   #20
The Starter
 
warriorzpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,659
Re: Looks like Mason will be resigned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Well with the line that we have, we need a good pass blocking RB. And I think Ganther hasn't been given many chances to prove himself. I'm sure in this upcoming game we'll see what he has.
I don't know if this is true or not, but if Ganther was a much better pass blocking RB than Cartwright, I would prefer having Cartwright in there. Just cause it might be more effective both in the running and passing game. Play-action is one reason and another reason (in Cartwright's case), the passes that can be thrown to him out of the backfield.

Ganther, as a pass-blocking rb, wouldn't make that much of an impact on the game IMO.
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 05:18 PM   #21
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,480
Re: Looks like Mason will be resigned

Onto Fanaika(sp? really who cares) Why do we pull an OG from the Eagles? Their line isn't much better. Is it surprising that we play Philly next week? The Saints better get Chase back, otherwise its a sure bet we sign him the week before we play them.

Again, why sign a PS player from a team who is bad at that position? Are there no solid OL teams that have someone stored on the practice squad. I be done. Thanks.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 05:42 PM   #22
Impact Rookie
 
JLee9718's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 567
Re: Looks like Mason will be resigned

Mason knows the plays. And he already knows how to play Bingo!
JLee9718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 02:49 PM   #23
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Looks like Mason will be resigned

Now wearing #32.


Make up your mind, Marcus.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 02:50 PM   #24
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Looks like Mason will be resigned

Also, Marcus-Mason
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 03:22 PM   #25
Impact Rookie
 
Zerohero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: newport news, va
Age: 35
Posts: 749
Re: Looks like Mason will be resigned

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
If Mason was that good he would not be sitting at home. Maybe I'm wrong and the other 32 teams are wrong but we will see. Its kind of a win win for both. Mason will get his chance in the NFL and we have nothing to loose so lets see what he has.
I understand your point but thats like saying Portis started every game because he was the best rb on the team. For some reason this team's depth chart is solely based on size of salary.

Lot of young guys on the team are suddenly contributing. Because they all of a sudden got better? No, because they are actually being involved.

GO MASON. HTTR!!
Zerohero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 03:56 PM   #26
Special Teams
 
RedskinMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Odenton, MD
Age: 35
Posts: 301
Re: Looks like Mason will be resigned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerohero View Post
I understand your point but thats like saying Portis started every game because he was the best rb on the team. For some reason this team's depth chart is solely based on size of salary.

Lot of young guys on the team are suddenly contributing. Because they all of a sudden got better? No, because they are actually being involved.

GO MASON. HTTR!!
Portis is the best back on the team, might have started due to the money but talent wise its not even close.
RedskinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 04:01 PM   #27
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Looks like Mason will be resigned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
If I was Mason i would have turned the skins down. How many times can the team crap on you? I mean heck i know its another chance at the NFL but i feel Mason was dissed horribly by being cut so many times.

Only way i'd come back is if I had a chance to compete for the feature back spot next year.....
no other team wanted him.. you think he could demand that he get a shot at feature back?
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.26538 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25