Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


wtf josh freeman

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2009, 02:58 PM   #1
Impact Rookie
 
skinster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 754
wtf josh freeman

I saw multiple pre-draft interviews of this kid, and in every one he labeled himself has a "game manager" someone who won't win or lose you the ball game. Every time I heard him say that I laughed to myself and took pity on whoever was dumb enough to draft him. WTF JOSH FREEMAN! He is no game manager, he is the best qb of the draft so far. I know it is too early and we have not seen enough of him to determine, but I am more than impressed with him. He comes in as a rookie WITH THE BUCS and is tearing s*** up. I love orakpo, but I wish our FO was able to see this kids talent (unlike me) and snag him up.
skinster is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-29-2009, 03:00 PM   #2
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: wtf josh freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinster View Post
I saw multiple pre-draft interviews of this kid, and in every one he labeled himself has a "game manager" someone who won't win or lose you the ball game. Every time I heard him say that I laughed to myself and took pity on whoever was dumb enough to draft him. WTF JOSH FREEMAN! He is no game manager, he is the best qb of the draft so far. I know it is too early and we have not seen enough of him to determine, but I am more than impressed with him. He comes in as a rookie WITH THE BUCS and is tearing s*** up. I love orakpo, but I wish our FO was able to see this kids talent (unlike me) and snag him up.
Eh. This is way premature. Sanchez looked pretty awesome in his first few games, and once coaches compiled some film on him, he's turned into a turnover machine.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 03:26 PM   #3
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,922
Re: wtf josh freeman

dude put the beer down
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 05:51 PM   #4
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: wtf josh freeman

Tds
5
int
5
yds
543
rtg
63.8
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 06:00 PM   #5
Playmaker
 
SouperMeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Leesburg, VA
Age: 50
Posts: 3,070
Re: wtf josh freeman

I have no problem taking Orakpo ahead of Freeman. Orakpo will be every bit the impact pass rusher that we drafted him to be. Now give me some fresh blood on the O-line this next draft, and we'll see some progress on the offense next season.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 07:22 PM   #6
The Starter
 
T.O.Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin, MD
Posts: 2,028
Re: wtf josh freeman

All I know is prior to being drafted they said he could make all the throws. The thing that i found most interesting is that it was said that he was shocked that he was not considered the best QB in the draft.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:17 PM   #7
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: wtf josh freeman

ahh it wasn't updated for the game

still don't see how that makes him some breakout star
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:02 PM   #8
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,507
Re: wtf josh freeman

Here's the comparison I found during the draft that made me think that Freeman was a guaranteed bust.

Compares To: JASON CAMPBELL, Washington -- Freeman is a bit bigger and has more bulk. Both came from programs that really did not highlight their athletic talents, but like the Redskins did with Campbell, a team will have to show patience. He has a great arm that can rival Matthew Stafford's but has to work on his delivery and release. With such a weak draft class at this position, he could be the third quarterback chosen in the first round. If Detroit trades down from the top spot, it is because they are convinced that Freeman will be around at number 20.
__________________
6.6710−11 m3 kg−1 s−2

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:18 PM   #9
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: wtf josh freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Here's the comparison I found during the draft that made me think that Freeman was a guaranteed bust.

Compares To: JASON CAMPBELL, Washington -- Freeman is a bit bigger and has more bulk. Both came from programs that really did not highlight their athletic talents, but like the Redskins did with Campbell, a team will have to show patience. He has a great arm that can rival Matthew Stafford's but has to work on his delivery and release. With such a weak draft class at this position, he could be the third quarterback chosen in the first round. If Detroit trades down from the top spot, it is because they are convinced that Freeman will be around at number 20.
Draft comparisons have kind of a unfortunate tendency to get drawn around racial lines (i.e. every short, white college receiver who runs good routes reminds you of either Ricky Proehl or Wes Welker), and that might have been the case here initally, but the McNabb and or Campbell comparisons actually fit Freeman pretty well, race aside. Another guy he fits the draft profile of: Cutler.

I wouldn't have taken him as high as the Bucs did, but I did think he would end up being the best quarterback in that draft class, if a bit by default.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:59 PM   #10
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,507
Re: wtf josh freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Draft comparisons have kind of a unfortunate tendency to get drawn around racial lines (i.e. every short, white college receiver who runs good routes reminds you of either Ricky Proehl or Wes Welker), and that might have been the case here initally, but the McNabb and or Campbell comparisons actually fit Freeman pretty well, race aside. Another guy he fits the draft profile of: Cutler.

I wouldn't have taken him as high as the Bucs did, but I did think he would end up being the best quarterback in that draft class, if a bit by default.
That is kind of true. Toby Gerhart for example seems to be drawing comparisons to John Riggins almost solely on the basis that he's a white power runner. With the interview after the game he seemed like a polar oppositie of Riggins in that he was more softspoken and humble where as Riggins is known for speaking his mind. Maybe Stephen Davis would be a better comparison.
__________________
6.6710−11 m3 kg−1 s−2

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:36 AM   #11
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,131
Re: wtf josh freeman

0 TD and 8 INT the last 2 games, WTF is right
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:39 AM   #12
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: wtf josh freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
0 TD and 8 INT the last 2 games, WTF is right
Haha...indeed. I'm going to start a mediocre DB for fantasy next week just because he'll be facing Freeman.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:43 AM   #13
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,131
Re: wtf josh freeman

I picked up the Jets D yesterday with Freeman in mind and it paid off.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.24570 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25