Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


John Hastings must be fired

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2009, 04:22 PM   #1
Impact Rookie
 
skinster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 754
John Hastings must be fired

Our strength and conditioning coach is a joke. We have just had way too many injuries for him to not be of some credit. Its called injury prevention training, maybe we should try it some time.
skinster is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-30-2009, 04:23 PM   #2
The Starter
 
redsk1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,351
Re: John Hastings must be fired

Not sure you can tie the two together. Do you think he doesn't believe in "injury prevention training?"
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:26 PM   #3
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: John Hastings must be fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinster View Post
Our strength and conditioning coach is a joke. We have just had way too many injuries for him to not be of some credit. Its called injury prevention training, maybe we should try it some time.
How do you know we don't?
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:28 PM   #4
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,902
Re: John Hastings must be fired

It's easy to want to blame someone but you can't blame him for bone breaks, concussions, or a pre-existing spinal condition. Or a guy simply getting rolled up on. These things happen all over the league.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:32 PM   #5
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,277
Re: John Hastings must be fired

i have a good feeling there will be a full cleaning of all this garbage they call a coaching staff and a front office. This guy needs to be included. Dont care, we just need a full changing of the guard and DS to keep his jackass opinions out of all football decisions. He has made us a laughing stock. This last couple weeks have been horrible. Everybody must go.
__________________
Fire Haz, Hire Wade
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:53 PM   #6
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,868
Re: John Hastings must be fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
It's easy to want to blame someone but you can't blame him for bone breaks, concussions, or a pre-existing spinal condition. Or a guy simply getting rolled up on. These things happen all over the league.
No kidding.

I'm just trying to figure out which was a worse thread, this one or wtf josh freeman?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:17 PM   #7
The Starter
 
Swarley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 25
Posts: 1,035
Re: John Hastings must be fired

Considering that all the injuries were not the preventable kind I dont see how we can blame anyone.
Swarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:32 PM   #8
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,902
Re: John Hastings must be fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
No kidding.

I'm just trying to figure out which was a worse thread, this one or wtf josh freeman?
Flip a coin.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:33 PM   #9
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: John Hastings must be fired

I would actually say our strength and conditioning program has improved from an injury standpoint. We're not seeing nearly as many of those nagging pulls and strains that we have in recent seasons. No amount of conditioning and stretching is going to prevent broken bones or ligament tears when a guy gets rolled on.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:45 PM   #10
Playmaker
 
cpayne5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,807
Re: John Hastings must be fired

Hastings is a joke? This thread is a joke. Once again, someone runs their mouth about something they obviously know nothing about.
__________________
"It's not about what you've done, but what's been done for you."
cpayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:01 PM   #11
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,660
Re: John Hastings must be fired

They should bring back Dan Riley, he was with the Skins in the 80's and part of the 90's before he went to Houston and lost his job last year or the year before.

Riley probably was more responsible than any other single person for making weight-training a regular part of an NFL player's training. Until he left Penn State to join the Washington Redskins in 1981, weight-training had been a crude, occasional off-season routine.

Players did sometimes get strong in the off-season, but they lost that strength as the season wore on because coaches refused to give up their precious practice time for training they didn't understand.

Joe Gibbs did understand. He gave Riley the power of a coordinator. If Riley told Gibbs a player lacked the right kind of work ethic, Gibbs usually got rid of that player.

Gibbs was the first NFL coach to give up practice time to allow players time to lift. He also made weight-training sessions mandatory during the regular season. Gibbs would be the first to tell you that Riley was a huge reason the Redskins won three Super Bowls.

Some Dallas Cowboys would tell Washington players, ''We can dominate you guys physically early in the season. We hate playing you late because you're still strong, and we've lost something.''

When Charley Casserly became GM of the Texans, Riley had been one of his first hires. Redskins owner Dan Snyder had pleaded with Riley to stay in Washington and had offered big money.

Riley left anyway because he trusted Casserly more than he trusted Snyder.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:16 PM   #12
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,203
Re: John Hastings must be fired

i would say we have been better this year, like gm said we haven't had any hammy injuries like previous years that i can remember this year, this has been one of our best years as far as not having pulls and strains, you can't train for breaks and tears and spinal conditions
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:20 PM   #13
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 9,978
Re: John Hastings must be fired

FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:36 PM   #14
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,399
Re: John Hastings must be fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
I know what you mean man.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:29 PM   #15
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: John Hastings must be fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
They should bring back Dan Riley, he was with the Skins in the 80's and part of the 90's before he went to Houston and lost his job last year or the year before.

Riley probably was more responsible than any other single person for making weight-training a regular part of an NFL player's training. Until he left Penn State to join the Washington Redskins in 1981, weight-training had been a crude, occasional off-season routine.

Players did sometimes get strong in the off-season, but they lost that strength as the season wore on because coaches refused to give up their precious practice time for training they didn't understand.

Joe Gibbs did understand. He gave Riley the power of a coordinator. If Riley told Gibbs a player lacked the right kind of work ethic, Gibbs usually got rid of that player.

Gibbs was the first NFL coach to give up practice time to allow players time to lift. He also made weight-training sessions mandatory during the regular season. Gibbs would be the first to tell you that Riley was a huge reason the Redskins won three Super Bowls.

Some Dallas Cowboys would tell Washington players, ''We can dominate you guys physically early in the season. We hate playing you late because you're still strong, and we've lost something.''

When Charley Casserly became GM of the Texans, Riley had been one of his first hires. Redskins owner Dan Snyder had pleaded with Riley to stay in Washington and had offered big money.

Riley left anyway because he trusted Casserly more than he trusted Snyder.
Pretty cool, didn't know all of that stuff. This should be instilled into players from high school on in my opinion. I've seen teams go from dead last in their division to first or second many times after they did mandatory weight training and voluntary off-season workouts.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28160 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25