Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Saints)

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2009, 08:11 PM   #76
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,627
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Saints)

Rogers (I think it was Rogers) needs to do a better job of being a blocker after Moore's INT.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-06-2009, 08:12 PM   #77
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Saints)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Rogers (I think it was Rogers) needs to do a better job of being a blocker after Moore's INT.
Him and about two other guys.

That's a play that most other teams practice though. The Redskins were pretty clearly just winging it.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 08:14 PM   #78
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,627
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Saints)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Him and about two other guys.

That's a play that most other teams practice though. The Redskins were pretty clearly just winging it.
By the way, 3 TD game for your guy Quinn. You must be loving life right now
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 08:15 PM   #79
Impact Rookie
 
47FAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 757
Posts: 685
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Saints)

i could have heard it wrong but on the post game on 102.1 they said something about dan chewing zorns ass? anyone hear?
47FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 08:17 PM   #80
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Saints)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
By the way, 3 TD game for your guy Quinn. You must be loving life right now
Bruce Gradkowski, too. Although, he's become more of a "former" GTripp draft diddy.

Looks like "my guys" will survive the NFL attrition game for at least one more offseason. Now, about that Leftwich guy...

-EDIT- Don't forget Chad Henne.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 08:23 PM   #81
Impact Rookie
 
Eknox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Flint,Mi
Posts: 528
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Saints)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Maybe Hall can?

I mean, with his ball skills, maybe he'd be most valuable playing the deep middle? Perhaps he's just out of position at corner?
great point, that makes a lot of sense plus I'd rather see him picking off passes instead of trying to make difficult tackles like QB's and such..
Eknox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 08:24 PM   #82
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,627
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Saints)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47FAN View Post
i could have heard it wrong but on the post game on 102.1 they said something about dan chewing zorns ass? anyone hear?
Hadn't heard. I've heard about Snyder yelling at Cerrato (I think after the Lions game) but hadn't heard anything about Zorn
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 08:26 PM   #83
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Saints)

Poor Texans...+11 in pt. differential, and now at 5-7. Of course, with the Steelers loss, they aren't quite out of it (if the Jags lose 3 of 4).
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 08:41 PM   #84
Impact Rookie
 
NYCSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Age: 42
Posts: 513
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Saints)

I think I heard on the WTEM that Cerrato bitched at Zorn after the game...
NYCSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 09:12 PM   #85
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,830
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Saints)

I hate this. For so many reasons. 3 straight games where we take care of business for 50+ minutes and we end up losing. And for me the worst part is, for all the positives we see, what of them will be positives for us next season? Because at this point it's clearly about evaluating the guys who will be here next season, and who needs to go.

What if Snyder doesn't get rid of Cerrato? What if we clean house, including JC, who has played excellent despite everything going on this season except for late game drives? What if someone new comes in next season at qb and destroys all the progress DT and FD have made? What if we don't get a competent guy who can run football operations? What if this season is a preview of the next ten years under Snyder? Lame duck head coaches who get soft in the red zone and play for the game clinching field goal that never materializes due to a crappy kicker who can't handle pressure?

Look at all the positives from here today. What will happen to all the progress we've made as an offense these last few games? From what I see an upheaval will happen at the end of the year but there's no guarantee Snyder or Cerrato will change. I could look at several positives from this game that might not be here next season.

- JC
- New play calling system that is actually putting up points
- Progress and chemistry DT and FD have made with JC (might not sync with possible new qb
- RB depth impressing (Ganther, Cartwright might be relegated to doing jack shit once Betts/Portis are healthy again)

As for the negatives such as Shaun Suisham, what happens if in 4 weeks everybody forgets that he shanks with games on the line and he comes back as kicker next year? We're opening ourselves up to the same kind of disappointment we've had for 3 seasons now.

I can't blame the refs because every once in a while you have a game where it feels like the refs make questionable calls. Those are out of our hands and as much as I was pissed at the refs for blowing calls today it's an unfortunate fact of life in the NFL that every team has to deal with.

It tears me apart watching these games week after week. The Redskins could write a new book on how to lose games that you've controlled for 50+ minutes. To be honest, I'm not excited about the future at all. I don't know how I can keep forcing myself to watch knowing the current regime given it's indication, doesn't have any idea on how to mold a successful franchise in the NFL.

I've never considered myself to be a hateful or insane type person, but after today's loss I'm starting to believe the Redskins will drive me to the brink of insanity for as long as I live if things don't change.

And to make things clear when I say if things don't change I don't mean new head coach and bringing in a bunch of new players, I mean if drastic, front office, management, philosophical, smart, whatever you want to call it type changes aren't made. I don't have a headache but I feel like the Redskins just threw a grenade in my head and said enjoy the confusion, the chaos, the false hope, and the appearance of a franchise headed in the right direction that we will give you. The Redskins have made me so mind numbingly inane that I don't even feel like I just typed a composed, literate post.

Hopefully for my sake one of these days I just get over being dragged into false hope by the Skins long enough to stop caring like so many of my Skins fan friends have done so that I can find 16 better things to do with my Sundays.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 09:15 PM   #86
The Starter
 
rbanerjee23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,344
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Saints)

Let's take a step back and realize that the saints won by 3 after two absurdly fluke plays and horrible officiating...Redskins were better and the saints know it
__________________
"Tough times don't last but tough people do"

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 09:19 PM   #87
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,627
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Saints)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I hate this. For so many reasons. 3 straight games where we take care of business for 50+ minutes and we end up losing. And for me the worst part is, for all the positives we see, what of them will be positives for us next season? Because at this point it's clearly about evaluating the guys who will be here next season, and who needs to go.
Well if we beat teams like the Lions, Chiefs, even Panthers these losses are easier to swallow

Quote:
What if Snyder doesn't get rid of Cerrato? What if we clean house, including JC, who has played excellent despite everything going on this season except for late game drives? What if someone new comes in next season at qb and destroys all the progress DT and FD have made? What if we don't get a competent guy who can run football operations? What if this season is a preview of the next ten years under Snyder? Lame duck head coaches who get soft in the red zone and play for the game clinching field goal that never materializes due to a crappy kicker who can't handle pressure?
Let's give some credit to Cerrato. He did after all bring us DT and FD, didn't he? And Sherman Lewis

Quote:
Look at all the positives from here today. What will happen to all the progress we've made as an offense these last few games? From what I see an upheaval will happen at the end of the year but there's no guarantee Snyder or Cerrato will change. I could look at several positives from this game that might not be here next season.

- JC
- New play calling system that is actually putting up points
- Progress and chemistry DT and FD have made with JC (might not sync with possible new qb
- RB depth impressing (Ganther, Cartwright might be relegated to doing jack shit once Betts/Portis are healthy again)

As for the negatives such as Shaun Suisham, what happens if in 4 weeks everybody forgets that he shanks with games on the line and he comes back as kicker next year? We're opening ourselves up to the same kind of disappointment we've had for 3 seasons now.

I can't blame the refs because every once in a while you have a game where it feels like the refs make questionable calls. Those are out of our hands and as much as I was pissed at the refs for blowing calls today it's an unfortunate fact of life in the NFL that every team has to deal with.

It tears me apart watching these games week after week. The Redskins could write a new book on how to lose games that you've controlled for 50+ minutes. To be honest, I'm not excited about the future at all. I don't know how I can keep forcing myself to watch knowing the current regime given it's indication, doesn't have any idea on how to mold a successful franchise in the NFL.

I've never considered myself to be a hateful or insane type person, but after today's loss I'm starting to believe the Redskins will drive me to the brink of insanity for as long as I live if things don't change.

And to make things clear when I say if things don't change I don't mean new head coach and bringing in a bunch of new players, I mean if drastic, front office, management, philosophical, smart, whatever you want to call it type changes aren't made. I don't have a headache but I feel like the Redskins just threw a grenade in my head and said enjoy the confusion, the chaos, the false hope, and the appearance of a franchise headed in the right direction that we will give you. The Redskins have made me so mind numbingly inane that I don't even feel like I just typed a composed, literate post.

Hopefully for my sake one of these days I just get over being dragged into false hope by the Skins long enough to stop caring like so many of my Skins fan friends have done so that I can find 16 better things to do with my Sundays.
Solid post overall, but don't let the Redskins rule your sanity. Don't let any team do that
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 09:24 PM   #88
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,507
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Saints)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbanerjee23 View Post
Let's take a step back and realize that the saints won by 3 after two absurdly fluke plays and horrible officiating...Redskins were better and the saints know it
Yes. If a loss can feel good, this is one of those losses.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 09:38 PM   #89
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,830
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Saints)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Well if we beat teams like the Lions, Chiefs, even Panthers these losses are easier to swallow
True but as we know by now even games against lower tier teams like the aforementioned are no cakewalk. They didn't give any sign in any of those games that they were a competent football team capable of easily handling the bottom tier of the NFL. And there's no sign that that we will stop playing down to the level of our competition will change.


Quote:
Let's give some credit to Cerrato. He did after all bring us DT and FD, didn't he? And Sherman Lewis
You're absolutely right and I agree that Cerrato deserves credit for DT and FD, as well as Horton, possibly Rinehart, Orakpo, possibly Barnes, and other draft picks that might be key depth in the future. But I hate what I perceive to be Snyder and Cerrato's win now mentality. I'd be completely fine with both of them staying if it meant they abandoned the fill all holes with high priced free agents and build sparingly in the draft, and built a philosophy based on building long term through the draft and filling in select holes through free agency. Based on Cerrato's drafting record you would think they would be more than willing to get draft picks. But draft picks won't work out if you don't have a coach that can guide them.

As for Sherman Lewis, who's to say he's not a 1 year deal? Do you see the new coach keeping him around if his way of doing things doesn't mesh at all with Lewis? Lewis' hard work with the current roster might be all for naught once the offseason comes.

As for Laron Landry, what are we to do with him? He could be a valuable player but I feel like he's playing out of position at free safety. But if we move him back to strong safety what becomes of Doughty and Horton? Then that leaves a hole at free safety that needs to be filled as well. So that leaves us with 3 competent players at strong safety but nobody that could start at free safety. Do we get rid of one of them? All I know is that Landry at free safety is not the answer. The announcers even noticed that on his second touchdown coverage fail that he was playing with that strong safety mentality in coming up towards the box and then not getting back deep until it's too late.
Quote:
Solid post overall, but don't let the Redskins rule your sanity. Don't let any team do that
During the week I'm fine . I'd actually feel a whole lot worse if I didn't have this forum to help me get these things off my chest. Nothing helps me quite like expressing the state of my mind on a forum with people that share the same common interest like me. It's only when I can't find the right avenue to express myself that I feel frustrated and helpless. Who said a forum can't do good things for someone?

I'm just questioning where this franchise is heading, and what the direction of the front office is. We had positives from these last 4 1/2 games but none of them appear to be long term, at least at the moment. I want to see a united front that has both short and long term goals that they are building towards, and right now it's clear this franchise is just trying to play out the rest of the season so we can start cleaning out and starting over in the offseason.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 09:39 PM   #90
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Saints)

I hate Laron Landry. Drew Brees just abused him today. He ate up those pump fakes like today was Thanksgiving.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.33199 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25