Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Some Things Never Change (WP:RI Article)

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2009, 12:01 AM   #61
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
re: Some Things Never Change (WP:RI Article)

I said it once and will say it again. We have 4 games left. 4 games to start the chant "Fire Vinny now." 4 games left to put any kind of pressure through the media on Snyder to fire VC.

I just wish people would stop with the "Sell the team Danny" and go with the "Fire Vinny now" theme. There is no possible way DS will sell the team with it making money. None. But you could put pressure on him to let VC go.

I think all of us would agree if VC is still being employed by Snyder then VC will have his hands in the till. As much as I would like to believe VC could be put into a roll of only handling contracts and maybe being a part of the welcome wagon, it would not happen.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-10-2009, 12:10 AM   #62
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,203
re: Some Things Never Change (WP:RI Article)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
I said it once and will say it again. We have 4 games left. 4 games to start the chant "Fire Vinny now." 4 games left to put any kind of pressure through the media on Snyder to fire VC.

I just wish people would stop with the "Sell the team Danny" and go with the "Fire Vinny now" theme. There is no possible way DS will sell the team with it making money. None. But you could put pressure on him to let VC go.

I think all of us would agree if VC is still being employed by Snyder then VC will have his hands in the till. As much as I would like to believe VC could be put into a roll of only handling contracts and maybe being a part of the welcome wagon, it would not happen.
right there with you, have you not seen the new signs

http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-l...boy-dc-23.html (Sell OUR Team Danny Boy - DC Metro Bus Ads)
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 07:25 AM   #63
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,795
re: Some Things Never Change (WP:RI Article)

Well, if it's any consolation...and I know it won't be to many, I checked and the game that Snyder and Cerrato "scouted" was Kansas at Texas on Nov. 21. There were a few other owners at the game as well (though I don't know who exactly). Anyway, they didn't go down there to do any scouting. They were watching a college football game...take a look at the Redskins schedule and see who they were playing the next day and then you'll see why Snyder and Cerrato were there.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:47 AM   #64
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
re: Some Things Never Change (WP:RI Article)

Well I just lost whatever respect I had for Jason Reid. Thanks, Smoot.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:05 AM   #65
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,795
re: Some Things Never Change (WP:RI Article)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Well I just lost whatever respect I had for Jason Reid. Thanks, Smoot.
Well I mean Reid didn't really lie. He just spun it a certain way.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:40 AM   #66
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
re: Some Things Never Change (WP:RI Article)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Well I mean Reid didn't really lie. He just spun it a certain way.
Well the "spin" he put on it was utterly licentious. The blog article started out "Owner Daniel Snyder and Vinny Cerrato, Washington's executive vice president of football operations, recently attended a University of Texas game to scout quarterback Colt McCoy." That phrasing indicates the specific purpose of the game was to scout McCoy. If you could find out information which put their visit in context, then i'm sure the information was available to Reid. It really makes me wonder how much more from the Post that we interpret as Snyder meddling is really just "spin."
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:41 AM   #67
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,988
re: Some Things Never Change (WP:RI Article)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon View Post
Matty:

Art Rooney doesn't go scouting. Robert Kraft doesn't go scouting. Jeffrie Lurie doesn't go scouting. Those are three NFL situations I know are the case. Their teams are pretty successful year over year...


I seriously doubt that other successful owners regularly went out to scout players on their own in past times. - - other than Jerry Jones who has been the owner AND GM of the team for the last 15 years or so. And by the way, it has been 13 years since the Cowboys won a playoff game. Oh, you can put George Halas in the bin of owners who scouted too; of course he was the head coach in addition to all of the other responsibilities... Those were simpler times.


Here is what bothers me about Snyder scouting a QB:

Back in his early years here, he boasted to the Washington Post Sunday Magazine in an article on him that HE was the one who found Patrick Ramsey and made sure the team drafted Ramsey with its first draft pick.

That tells me that Danny Boy would not know a great QB if it came up to him and bit him on the ass and announced in a loud voice, "I am a great QB!"

Exactly, well said, it wouldnt bother me if Snyder went to look at a player if I knew he wasnt the guy making the decision on who we pick.

Hellllllllllooooooo this is why we have sucked for 10 years under his bs reign as owner, he is making football decisions!!!Good god cant everybody agree that Snyder way of running an organization is wrong and it doesnt work?...dont we see the common denominator here?
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:46 AM   #68
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
re: Some Things Never Change (WP:RI Article)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Exactly, well said, it wouldnt bother me if Snyder went to look at a player if I knew he wasnt the guy making the decision on who we pick.

Hellllllllllooooooo this is why we have sucked for 10 years under his bs reign as owner, he is making football decisions!!!Good god cant everybody agree that Snyder way of running an organization is wrong and it doesnt work?...dont we see the common denominator here?
Read Smoots post.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:06 AM   #69
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,795
re: Some Things Never Change (WP:RI Article)

Some other guys Snyder has reportedly scouted in the past include Ted Ginn Jr., Kellen Winslow II, and Calvin Johnson.

Still not sure about the Clausen part of the story. I'm sure he's high on our radar though.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:08 AM   #70
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,795
re: Some Things Never Change (WP:RI Article)

SC's point about Ramsey is true though. That was definitely all Snyder (as was Rock Cartwright). But that was also many years ago and doesn't really mean anything in the grand scheme.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:13 AM   #71
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
re: Some Things Never Change (WP:RI Article)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Some other guys Snyder has reportedly scouted in the past include Ted Ginn Jr., Kellen Winslow II, and Calvin Johnson.

Still not sure about the Clausen part of the story. I'm sure he's high on our radar though.
Well I would be pretty upset if Cerrato hadn't personnaly scouted Clausen. Its his job to oversee scouting and I think its great that he watches some of these guys play in person. It means he's doing his job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
SC's point about Ramsey is true though. That was definitely all Snyder (as was Rock Cartwright). But that was also many years ago and doesn't really mean anything in the grand scheme.
Well he was right on Cartwright and obviously not on Ramsey. To be realistic, its understandable that Snyder would to be somewhat involved in the process; after all, he is going to be the one paying them millions of dollars. However, I would hope his involvement would be minimal and near the end of the selection process - not up front. By all appearances (and with the understanding that Reid's most recent allegations are BS), thats how things have been working recently.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:23 AM   #72
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,408
re: Some Things Never Change (WP:RI Article)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
SC's point about Ramsey is true though. That was definitely all Snyder (as was Rock Cartwright). But that was also many years ago and doesn't really mean anything in the grand scheme.
I recall Snyder really wanted to draft Santana Moss when he came out, but Marty overruled him and went with 50/50 Rod Gardner.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:28 AM   #73
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,714
re: Some Things Never Change (WP:RI Article)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Well, if it's any consolation...and I know it won't be to many, I checked and the game that Snyder and Cerrato "scouted" was Kansas at Texas on Nov. 21. There were a few other owners at the game as well (though I don't know who exactly). Anyway, they didn't go down there to do any scouting. They were watching a college football game...take a look at the Redskins schedule and see who they were playing the next day and then you'll see why Snyder and Cerrato were there.
Thanks for that. Personally I feel a lot better after that post. I was under the impression that it was the Big 12 championship. I thought maybe thats why McCoy struggled. He was more scared of playing behind the Redskins "playoff caliber" O-Line then he was of Nebraska's monster, currently known as Suh. I guess in the end it was uh, nothing more then a, you know, mental thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
We gave up our 3rd to get Jeremy Jarmin in the Supplimental draft prior to this year. Basically got a Rookie a year earlier to get experience for a year. Finally Cerrato did something right.
Only to have it go wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
dirtbag noticed you skipped the 3rd pick, pretty sure we don't have a 6th either as of now, might be the 7th though can't remember
I guess the only thing to do now is remove the WR and put the kicker as the 7th round pick.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:28 AM   #74
Playmaker
 
celts32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hackettstown NJ
Age: 43
Posts: 2,656
re: Some Things Never Change (WP:RI Article)

I have no problem with Snyder traveling to watch football players the Redskins may draft. My issue is with the person he has chosen to ultimately make these decisions! If he were traveling with Bill Parcells, Holmgren, Joe Gibbs or even Mike Shanahan to look at a QB I don't think anyone would have an issue with it. And the biggest factor in that for me is that I beleive that if Snyder did get overly attached to a player Parcells or Holmgren would put him in his place whereas Vinny might side with Snyder fearing for his job security.
__________________
Section 115 Row 23

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

http://victorybeer.com/
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:30 AM   #75
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 36
Posts: 2,906
re: Some Things Never Change (WP:RI Article)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
Personally, I am ecstatic that they are looking for a QB first. This is a quarterback driven league and until you have one you cant win.
Tell that to Bradford as they pull him out of the field.
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29641 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25