Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Jurgensen thinks Campbell will be back

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2009, 12:19 PM   #76
Special Teams
 
ashvirtually's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 158
Re: Jurgensen thinks Campbell will be back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
The Saints were in 'garbage time' seeking an unbeaten season? The Raiders went from beating a division leader in the Bengals and the SB Champs at their house to 'garbage time' overnight? The lengths some of you guys go to in order to not give credit when it's due is amazing.
Amazing? I'd call it laughable.

If I were Campbell, there's no way in Gaea's name I'd stay in this goddamn circus if there were other teams interested in having me.
ashvirtually is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-15-2009, 12:25 PM   #77
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,521
Re: Jurgensen thinks Campbell will be back

By the way the line play has been significantly better as of late.

JC was sacked 28 times through the first 9 games, while he's been sacked 5 times in the last 4.

Some of that's on him and the offense getting the ball out quicker, but just by watching the games you can see the improvement has been there.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:28 PM   #78
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,732
Re: Jurgensen thinks Campbell will be back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
The Saints were in 'garbage time' seeking an unbeaten season? The Raiders went from beating a division leader in the Bengals and the SB Champs at their house to 'garbage time' overnight? The lengths some of you guys go to in order to not give credit when it's due is amazing.
Thats what I said, when the pressure was on late in the game vs NO he found a way to not get it done.

Oak played/won those games with Gradkowski. When JaMarcus Russell came in vs the Skins the game was essentailly over. Everybody watching that game knew Oak wasnt a threat to do anything on O with JR at QB.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:38 PM   #79
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,899
Re: Jurgensen thinks Campbell will be back

Let's see what Campbell can do in the next 3 games so we can put this argument to rest. They will be playing a huge game against the Giants, who are fighting for a playoff spot and then Dallas the following week which is in the same situation and the SD in SD.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:43 PM   #80
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: Jurgensen thinks Campbell will be back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
By the way the line play has been significantly better as of late.

JC was sacked 28 times through the first 9 games, while he's been sacked 5 times in the last 4.

Some of that's on him and the offense getting the ball out quicker, but just by watching the games you can see the improvement has been there.
There's a conspicious difference in Jason's play since his protection has been just a little better. So yes, I would say his improvement goes hand in hand with the improvement along the OL.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:28 PM   #81
Playmaker
 
celts32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hackettstown NJ
Age: 43
Posts: 2,656
Re: Jurgensen thinks Campbell will be back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think Campbell's agent and the Redskins are secretly working on a long term deal. I think we're going to name someone General Manager this off-season and we won't be looking far to get him. I think the Redskins have Levi Jones penciled in as the starting LT for opening day 2010. I think Samuels, Betts, Randle El, Daniels, Randy Thomas, and Rock Cartwright are all gone. I think CJ Spiller will be our first pick. I think I'd rather they wait until the 2nd round and take Best or Dwyer. I think we don't take a OL before the 3rd round and we take 2 in the draft. I think I'm getting tired and need to stop rambling.
I think I need to stop reading Peter King's 10 Things I Think I Think
So who do you think will be the coach then? Promoting a GM from within would seem to eliminate all the big name coach options.
__________________
Section 115 Row 23

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

http://victorybeer.com/
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:41 PM   #82
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Jurgensen thinks Campbell will be back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think Campbell's agent and the Redskins are secretly working on a long term deal.
I don't see why this would be a secret. Besides, the skins would be pretty foolish to extend Campbell until we hire a new head coach... unless you beleive they already have a secret deal in place with his replacement... which I find doubtful since Shanahan (the only guy I can imagine Snyder agreeing to a private deal with), not only, by all reports, prefers Dallas, but would be a moron to agree to terms with Snyder before testing the market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think we're going to name someone General Manager this off-season and we won't be looking far to get him.
By not looking far, I can only assume you mean "promoting" Cerrato. The only other in-house guy we that i can even envision being a possibility is Morocco Brown. he doesn't have nearly enough experience, does he?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think the Redskins have Levi Jones penciled in as the starting LT for opening day 2010. I think Samuels, Betts, Randle El, Daniels, Randy Thomas, and Rock Cartwright are all gone.
Agree on all these points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think CJ Spiller will be our first pick. I think I'd rather they wait until the 2nd round and take Best or Dwyer. I think we don't take a OL before the 3rd round and we take 2 in the draft.
Please no.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:55 PM   #83
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,972
Re: Jurgensen thinks Campbell will be back

I can't tell you..honestly though I have no idea. I don't even know who will be our General Manager. All I know are rumors. And rumors are like quarterbacks, when you have two you have none. Or something like that. Most of all this is really just things that I think. If I hear things that are truly legitimate enough to share, I will as always.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:55 PM   #84
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 53
Posts: 10,519
Re: Jurgensen thinks Campbell will be back

you really have to look at the alternative, if Campbell doesn't return. as far as im concerned, the names that have been mentioned aren't a better alternative
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:00 PM   #85
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,972
Re: Jurgensen thinks Campbell will be back

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
I don't see why this would be a secret. Besides, the skins would be pretty foolish to extend Campbell until we hire a new head coach... unless you beleive they already have a secret deal in place with his replacement... which I find doubtful since Shanahan (the only guy I can imagine Snyder agreeing to a private deal with), not only, by all reports, prefers Dallas, but would be a moron to agree to terms with Snyder before testing the market.
Fair points

Quote:
By not looking far, I can only assume you mean "promoting" Cerrato. The only other in-house guy we that i can even envision being a possibility is Morocco Brown. he doesn't have nearly enough experience, does he?
Don't assume. Not looking far doesn't necessarily mean in-house...although in this case it reportedly does
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:45 PM   #86
Playmaker
 
celts32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hackettstown NJ
Age: 43
Posts: 2,656
Re: Jurgensen thinks Campbell will be back

I am afraid of the in house GM candidate. Not that I think we don't have qualified people. I just don't think anyone we would promote would have the full authority to do the job their way without interference.
__________________
Section 115 Row 23

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

http://victorybeer.com/
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:56 PM   #87
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Jurgensen thinks Campbell will be back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Fair points



Don't assume. Not looking far doesn't necessarily mean in-house...although in this case it reportedly does
So is it Brown then? And if so, would Cerrato be gone or remain in another role?

If the later, its truly a great idea then! Instead of Snyder hiring a "real" GM to appease the fans, he just adds another layer into the equation.

Snyder the Owner
Cerrato the Team President
Brown the General Manager

Snyder can pull Cerratos strings and Cerrato will, in turn, pull Moroccos! Brilliant! Deviously brilliant!

We will just have to come up with another term since Snyderatto would no longer suffice. Let me be first to coin the term "SNYDCERACCO."
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:56 PM   #88
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,521
Re: Jurgensen thinks Campbell will be back

Inside or outside would it really matter? Let's face it Snyder is going to have his say no matter who is here.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 05:30 PM   #89
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 44
Posts: 4,959
Re: Jurgensen thinks Campbell will be back

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
Thats what I said, when the pressure was on late in the game vs NO he found a way to not get it done.

Oak played/won those games with Gradkowski. When JaMarcus Russell came in vs the Skins the game was essentailly over. Everybody watching that game knew Oak wasnt a threat to do anything on O with JR at QB.
So to be clear the first 58 minutes of the game were 'garbage time' vs. an undefeated team but when the pressure was on, after he'd already led the team to 30 points, THAT is what counts.

So in the Oakland game when the Redskins had a 17-10 lead at halftime, all of which Gradkowski played, that didn't count either but when Russell came in, THAT is what counts.

I see. Here I was thinking the whole 60 minutes of every game counted. What the hell have I been watching the past 34 years?!?
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 05:33 PM   #90
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: Jurgensen thinks Campbell will be back

Quote:
Originally Posted by celts32 View Post
I am afraid of the in house GM candidate. Not that I think we don't have qualified people. I just don't think anyone we would promote would have the full authority to do the job their way without interference.
Too bad Marty can't come back as a formidable GM, that's a guaranteed way of getting rid of Vinny.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29699 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25