Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Report: Shanahan to DC done deal

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2009, 02:31 PM   #211
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,569
Re: Report: Shanahan to DC done deal

I dont have a problem with them hiring Shanny but I cant stop thinking what did he do once Elway left. Shanny, like Cowher once he got Big Ben, did great with a superstar QB but once his superstar retired he was never quite the same and one thing he doesnt have here is a superstar QB.
irish is offline  

Advertisements
Old 12-20-2009, 02:46 PM   #212
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,580
Re: Report: Shanahan to DC done deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbanerjee23 View Post
Wow, if this is true, then it is the height of the dickery that Dan Snyder has come to represent. You are disrespecting the guy so much already but to do that is just unbelievably uncool
I think Jay Glazer is one of the best out there...but I'm not sure that's true. It doesn't quite add up for various reasons. Glazer is the only one reporting it, which doesn't mean it's not true of coures.

As for Kyle Shanahan, he might not even be retained by Houston if they make coaching changes at the end of the year. And if the Texans do want to keep him they basically would need to make him head coach to keep him from coming to DC as Assistant Head Coach.

If Shanahan (Mike) somehow ends up in Dallas and JJ convinces him to keep Garrett and his salary...I wouldn't be opposed to Kyle Shanahan here, provided we give him an experienced staff to help him out. How about Kyle as HC, and Kubiak as Offensive Coordinator
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 12-20-2009, 02:55 PM   #213
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,364
Re: Report: Shanahan to DC done deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I don't know if this is really true, but according to Jay Glazer, he said that John Lynch was at the owners meetings and Jim Zorn was at the table with Dan Snyder and Snyder had Lynch come over and say to him "So tell me everything about Mike Shanahan, do you think he'd be a good head coach for him?" This was with Zorn sitting right next to him at the table.
How long did Lynch play for Shanahan? Why would Snyder seek out his opinion? That doesn't make much sense to me, it is a shame if it happened that way.

edit: I could see VC having the audacity to do that in the last month to try and re-emphasize his standing (bye vinny )
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline  
Old 12-20-2009, 02:56 PM   #214
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Report: Shanahan to DC done deal

According to glazer, shanahan wants the Dallas job bad. I'd put our chances of landing him at about 15%
BigHairedAristocrat is offline  
Old 12-20-2009, 03:19 PM   #215
The Starter
 
skinsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,213
Re: Report: Shanahan to DC done deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
According to glazer, shanahan wants the Dallas job bad. I'd put our chances of landing him at about 15%
HUH?
Please document your sources...everyone else seems to think the opposite...such as 85% shanny will take skins vs 15% cowboys.
Are the Cowboys even looking for a coach at this point?
They may make the playoffs
__________________
I hate Dallas...Period
skinsnut is offline  
Old 12-20-2009, 03:58 PM   #216
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,580
Re: Report: Shanahan to DC done deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
According to glazer, shanahan wants the Dallas job bad. I'd put our chances of landing him at about 15%
15% because Glazer says Shanahan wants the Dallas job?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 12-20-2009, 04:41 PM   #217
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Report: Shanahan to DC done deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
15% because Glazer says Shanahan wants the Dallas job?
Yeah... isn't Glazer supposed to be tight with Shanahan? Dallas makes more sense for Shanahan for a number of reasons -

1. Dalls is not, historically, as dysfunctional of a franchise as Washington.
2. Dallas is viewed as being an "elite" franchise. Washington is not.
3. Dallas has a Franchise Quarterback. We dont.
4. Dallas has a trio of young, talented running backs. We don't even have one.
5. Shanahan wants to coach with his son, who is currently in Houston. If Shanahan coaches in Dallas, his son and family won't have to move. If Kyle has children, i imagine this could be very important.
6. Snyder is historically impatient. Shanahan turned down Snyder in this past off-season because he thought Zorn deserved more time. Jerry Jones has been very patient with his coaches, so Shanhan (and by extension, his son) will have more job security there.
7. We have all been assuming that, since Shanahan wanted to work with Allen in Buffalo, that Allen's hiring here meant Shanahan was next. However, what if thats not the case at all? What if Snyder found out that Shanahan wanted to work with Allen, and then went out and hired Allen. That, given the number of times Shanahan has reportedly already turned down Shanahan, would likely make him feel pressured and annoyed. All the more reason to sign elsewhere.
8. Allen's contract allegedly gives him final say on who the redskins draft. If the reports that Shanahan wants total control are true, then he's not going anywhere where HE doesn't have final say.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline  
Old 12-20-2009, 04:46 PM   #218
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Report: Shanahan to DC done deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think Jay Glazer is one of the best out there...but I'm not sure that's true. It doesn't quite add up for various reasons. Glazer is the only one reporting it, which doesn't mean it's not true of coures.

As for Kyle Shanahan, he might not even be retained by Houston if they make coaching changes at the end of the year. And if the Texans do want to keep him they basically would need to make him head coach to keep him from coming to DC as Assistant Head Coach.

If Shanahan (Mike) somehow ends up in Dallas and JJ convinces him to keep Garrett and his salary...I wouldn't be opposed to Kyle Shanahan here, provided we give him an experienced staff to help him out. How about Kyle as HC, and Kubiak as Offensive Coordinator
I don't know how kubiak would feel reporting to someone that used to report to him. that would be a recipe for lockerroom trouble if you ask me. Besides, why would Shanahan want to keep Garrett over his own son? And why would his son want to coach a division rival of his father's team? it seems like it would create all sorts of family problems. For one, Kyle couldn't go to his dad for advice. Neither could really talk to the other about what was going on at work. Using my scientific method of reasoning, Id put the chances of that scenario happening at about 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%
BigHairedAristocrat is offline  
Old 12-20-2009, 04:57 PM   #219
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,580
Re: Report: Shanahan to DC done deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Yeah... isn't Glazer supposed to be tight with Shanahan? Dallas makes more sense for Shanahan for a number of reasons -

1. Dalls is not, historically, as dysfunctional of a franchise as Washington.
2. Dallas is viewed as being an "elite" franchise. Washington is not.
3. Dallas has a Franchise Quarterback. We dont.
4. Dallas has a trio of young, talented running backs. We don't even have one.
5. Shanahan wants to coach with his son, who is currently in Houston. If Shanahan coaches in Dallas, his son and family won't have to move. If Kyle has children, i imagine this could be very important.
6. Snyder is historically impatient. Shanahan turned down Snyder in this past off-season because he thought Zorn deserved more time. Jerry Jones has been very patient with his coaches, so Shanhan (and by extension, his son) will have more job security there.
7. We have all been assuming that, since Shanahan wanted to work with Allen in Buffalo, that Allen's hiring here meant Shanahan was next. However, what if thats not the case at all? What if Snyder found out that Shanahan wanted to work with Allen, and then went out and hired Allen. That, given the number of times Shanahan has reportedly already turned down Shanahan, would likely make him feel pressured and annoyed. All the more reason to sign elsewhere.
8. Allen's contract allegedly gives him final say on who the redskins draft. If the reports that Shanahan wants total control are true, then he's not going anywhere where HE doesn't have final say.
Schefter is tight with Shanahan. Don't know about Glazer per se

1. All about perception I suppose
2. See #1
3. Ok, I'll cede that one for now
4. We have Quinton Ganther you ingoramus!!!!
5. Won't matter if Shanahan is let go by Houston. Plus Houston and Dallas aren't exactly next door (closer than to DC of course). Kyle has a two year old daughter so I don't think it will be an issue to move her.
6. Ok
7. Interesting theory
8. Shanahan won't necessarily get more control in Dallas with Jones continuing to serve as GM
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 12-20-2009, 04:59 PM   #220
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,580
Re: Report: Shanahan to DC done deal

If Kyle Shanahan gets a head coaching opportunity, I really doubt he'd care if his dad was coaching a team in the same division
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 12-20-2009, 05:03 PM   #221
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Report: Shanahan to DC done deal

We are redskins fans, so our perception on what franchise is more "elite" is somewhat skewed. I live in North Carolina and pretty much everyone here thinks the skins are a big joke. When I go to sports bars, the most common Jerseys I see, are, of course, Panthers jerseys. Cowboys are a CLOSE #2. Regarding Jone's control in Dalls, he stepped back somewhat when Parcells was coach, i'm sure he would do the same for Shanahan if it became a sticking point.

Even if Jones doesn't view Shanahan as his ideal coach, he simply can't "afford" to let the skins land him. If he did and Jones went with Garret or someother inexperienced HC, Dallas would most certainly be at the bottom of the NFC East for a few years. Putting aside the fact that Jones has alot of pride, loves his team, and wants to win - being in 4th place isn't going to fill that big fancy new stadium to capacity week in and week out.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline  
Old 12-20-2009, 05:04 PM   #222
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Report: Shanahan to DC done deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
....JGibbs1 went 0-5 re-evaluated his scheme and changed it to work with the players he had. That's the mark of a great HC. .
Exactly. Gibbs was a Coryell guy (think Al Saunders for those that don't know) and ended up with a power smash-mouth offense.
tryfuhl is offline  
Old 12-20-2009, 05:10 PM   #223
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,339
Re: Report: Shanahan to DC done deal

All this Shanahan talk is really annoying. Zorn is gone, we all know that but until the season is over and Shanahan signs a contract then all this talk is just rumors. No question he's talking with Snyder/Allen but let's just wait til the season is over. We've still got 3 games to play.
skinsfan69 is offline  
Old 12-20-2009, 05:13 PM   #224
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,339
Re: Report: Shanahan to DC done deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
We are redskins fans, so our perception on what franchise is more "elite" is somewhat skewed. I live in North Carolina and pretty much everyone here thinks the skins are a big joke. When I go to sports bars, the most common Jerseys I see, are, of course, Panthers jerseys. Cowboys are a CLOSE #2. Regarding Jone's control in Dalls, he stepped back somewhat when Parcells was coach, i'm sure he would do the same for Shanahan if it became a sticking point.

Even if Jones doesn't view Shanahan as his ideal coach, he simply can't "afford" to let the skins land him. If he did and Jones went with Garret or someother inexperienced HC, Dallas would most certainly be at the bottom of the NFC East for a few years. Putting aside the fact that Jones has alot of pride, loves his team, and wants to win - being in 4th place isn't going to fill that big fancy new stadium to capacity week in and week out.
Well it's elite as far as history, tradition and fan base is concerned. Although the new generation of Redskin fans were not around during the glory days. It's not elite when it comes to W's vs. L's since Gibbs 1.
skinsfan69 is offline  
Old 12-20-2009, 06:02 PM   #225
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Report: Shanahan to DC done deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Schefter is tight with Shanahan. Don't know about Glazer per se

1. All about perception I suppose
2. See #1
3. Ok, I'll cede that one for now
4. We have Quinton Ganther you ingoramus!!!!
5. Won't matter if Shanahan is let go by Houston. Plus Houston and Dallas aren't exactly next door (closer than to DC of course). Kyle has a two year old daughter so I don't think it will be an issue to move her.
6. Ok
7. Interesting theory
8. Shanahan won't necessarily get more control in Dallas with Jones continuing to serve as GM
Is this serious debate or just goofing around I can't tell?
The Goat is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32560 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25