Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


most embarrassing monday night preformance

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2009, 03:31 PM   #31
Impact Rookie
 
PennSkinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Age: 43
Posts: 752
Re: most embarrassing monday night preformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
No remote?
oh, that was shattered in the first quarter.
__________________
DC Pro Sports Report - Home of the Internet's Largest NFL Mock Draft Database. Best Redskins Redskins discussion, theWarpath.net

PennSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-22-2009, 03:32 PM   #32
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 36
Posts: 2,906
Re: most embarrassing monday night preformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennSkinsFan View Post
Last night was one of the first times that I actually got up, walked tot he TV in the third quarter, and turned it off, not even mad, but just, well, numb.
Don't feel bad. A lot of us did the same thing.
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 03:33 PM   #33
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 36
Posts: 2,906
Re: most embarrassing monday night preformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
Get over it........ Told all of you in the beginning that was looking for the light at the end of the tunnel, more lose's equal better draft studs two more game, and then we can start planning our season for 2010!
Looks like you finally made some sense, sissy.
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 03:51 PM   #34
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: most embarrassing monday night preformance

The loss was not that bad after I switched from beer to the hard stuff in the 1st qtr. Usually I don't have to switch until the 4th qtr. and then its too late to have the desired effect by the end of the game. This morning I was more worried about my hangover and having to do my christmas shopping I almost forgot about the game. Then while at the mall I saw a Redskins store and I yeld in to the worker to ask if they where having a 75% off sale. Whne I told my wife she said they should be giving the stuff away.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 04:31 PM   #35
Impact Rookie
 
JLee9718's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 567
Re: most embarrassing monday night preformance

If Collins can come in and make some throws downfield which might change the Giants ability to rush the passer on every play, then how come we put JC back in the game and he keeps trying to complete those short passes? In hindsight, I think we would've won more games if Collins had been the starter from week 1 instead of going with Campbell. Of course there's no way I can prove this, but Collins just gets rid of the ball faster than JC. And he's not afraid to throw longer passes!
JLee9718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 05:16 PM   #36
What will Shanny do this offseason?
 
diehardskin2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,318
Re: most embarrassing monday night preformance

The problem with the redskins is that we have a team filled with players who tend to rely on their talent and don't do the extra thing needed to compete against elite teams. I don't think most of the players actually study film. You couldn't convince me Devin Thomas, Laron Landry, Albert Haynesworth, or Carlos Rogers studies tape seriously.
__________________
That got ugly fast
diehardskin2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 05:30 PM   #37
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,604
Re: most embarrassing monday night preformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
The problem with the redskins is that we have a team filled with players who tend to rely on their talent and don't do the extra thing needed to compete against elite teams. I don't think most of the players actually study film. You couldn't convince me Devin Thomas, Laron Landry, Albert Haynesworth, or Carlos Rogers studies tape seriously.
Redskins Insider - Devin Thomas' study habits bring results
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:59 PM   #38
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 52
Posts: 3,396
Re: most embarrassing monday night preformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
that article also said he was going to return punts monday night,did he? I dont remember seeing him do any,but after halftime I barely watched,too f ing painful
__________________
Ho
Lee
Chit
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 10:06 PM   #39
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 52
Posts: 3,396
Re: most embarrassing monday night preformance

on a side note,couple people have emailed me this,this was on the front page of yahoo when people log in or out of email,said we ran the worst trick play ever
The Redskins run the worst trick play anyone's ever seen - Shutdown Corner - NFL Blog - Yahoo! Sports

and i have to agree,wtf? fuck And Zorn defended the play! how can you defend a play that calls for the center to block 3 people! After Giants called timeout we should have never tried it again,but then once we did and saw they had 3 people over the center we should have took a delay penalty and went for the fg
__________________
Ho
Lee
Chit
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 10:40 PM   #40
The Starter
 
44Deezel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Davidsonville
Posts: 1,623
Re: most embarrassing monday night preformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee9718 View Post
If Collins can come in and make some throws downfield which might change the Giants ability to rush the passer on every play, then how come we put JC back in the game and he keeps trying to complete those short passes? In hindsight, I think we would've won more games if Collins had been the starter from week 1 instead of going with Campbell. Of course there's no way I can prove this, but Collins just gets rid of the ball faster than JC. And he's not afraid to throw longer passes!
There's some validity to your point. Collins was throwing darts DOWN THE FIELD. That's definitely one way to slow down a pass rush. Say what you want about Collins, but he's accurate and doesn't give a shit about getting into a "rhythm". That said, I'm in the bring JC back camp.
44Deezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 10:42 PM   #41
The Starter
 
44Deezel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Davidsonville
Posts: 1,623
Re: most embarrassing monday night preformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
on a side note,couple people have emailed me this,this was on the front page of yahoo when people log in or out of email,said we ran the worst trick play ever
The Redskins run the worst trick play anyone's ever seen - Shutdown Corner - NFL Blog - Yahoo! Sports

and i have to agree,wtf? fuck And Zorn defended the play! how can you defend a play that calls for the center to block 3 people! After Giants called timeout we should have never tried it again,but then once we did and saw they had 3 people over the center we should have took a delay penalty and went for the fg
http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-l...tml#post644733 (Redskins -Giants MNF Gameday Thread)
44Deezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 10:44 PM   #42
The Starter
 
44Deezel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Davidsonville
Posts: 1,623
Re: most embarrassing monday night preformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
The ONLY thing that kept DT off the field last year was incompetent coaching. If he were drafted by the Eagles, he would have started every game.
44Deezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 07:57 AM   #43
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,604
Re: most embarrassing monday night preformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
that article also said he was going to return punts monday night,did he? I dont remember seeing him do any,but after halftime I barely watched,too f ing painful
I don't even think we were punted too until late in the 3rd quarter, and at that point we were using Santana Moss as the change of pace punt returner
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 08:00 AM   #44
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,539
Re: most embarrassing monday night preformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Deezel View Post
The ONLY thing that kept DT off the field last year was incompetent coaching. If he were drafted by the Eagles, he would have started every game.
I think DT was the one that kept himself off the field last year. His work habits were poor, he didn't know the offense well, and his route running was suspect at best. He was a liability on the field. Hell, he and Kelly admitted to playing too much Mario-Kart instead of studying their playbooks.

He would have had a hard time getting on the field with just about any team.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.35260 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25