Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Vick wins Eagles' courage award

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2009, 07:00 PM   #1
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,158
Vick wins Eagles' courage award

this is a joke, this award is for players who show courage and sportsmanship, the redskins awarded theirs to philip daniels for playing through an injury, like most other teams. the eagles decided to give it to vick.

i'm sorry i guess i'm in the minority of people but i am tired of seeing any praise to vick, i feel like this could have been awarded to brian westbrook who has been fighting to get back on the field after have a concussion, instead it is given to vick because he hasn't screwed up yet. what has he done since he has come back? nothing, he has thrown and rushed for less than 100 each and scored one td. i really don't understand the infatuation with a guy who was a decent qb but decided to throw it all away and run a dog fighting and gambling ring. in the real world anyone who was charged with a felony and sent to jail would not have much luck getting their job back.

again maybe it's just me but i am sick of the media and the nfl glorifying michael vick, if he turns it all around and is still being productive a couple years from now that is understandable, but he has been out of jail barely more than 6 months, i think the eagles are jumping the gun on this one.

The Associated Press: Vick wins Eagles' courage award
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-23-2009, 07:03 PM   #2
Registered User
 
Nomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 518
Re: Vick wins Eagles' courage award

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
this is a joke, this award is for players who show courage and sportsmanship, the redskins awarded theirs to philip daniels for playing through an injury, like most other teams. the eagles decided to give it to vick.

i'm sorry i guess i'm in the minority of people but i am tired of seeing any praise to vick, i feel like this could have been awarded to brian westbrook who has been fighting to get back on the field after have a concussion, instead it is given to vick because he hasn't screwed up yet. what has he done since he has come back? nothing, he has thrown and rushed for less than 100 each and scored one td. i really don't understand the infatuation with a guy who was a decent qb but decided to throw it all away and run a dog fighting and gambling ring. in the real world anyone who was charged with a felony and sent to jail would not have much luck getting their job back.

again maybe it's just me but i am sick of the media and the nfl glorifying michael vick, if he turns it all around and is still being productive a couple years from now that is understandable, but he has been out of jail barely more than 6 months, i think the eagles are jumping the gun on this one.

The Associated Press: Vick wins Eagles' courage award
Anyway??? Congrats to you Vick, Isn't that Philly's choice?????
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 07:13 PM   #3
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: Vick wins Eagles' courage award

It's an atempt to polish up his image a bit. Is that award something the team votes on or is it an administrative award? If not a team vote it would be interesting to note how they feel about it. I don't think Vick will be in Philly after this season anyway.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:37 PM   #4
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 8,987
Re: Vick wins Eagles' courage award

What next?????? The Nobel?
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
Win! Always win!
By fair means or foul, by soft words and hard deeds...
by treachery, by cunning, by malpractice...
but always win--Edward Teach
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 11:45 PM   #5
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Vick wins Eagles' courage award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
It's an atempt to polish up his image a bit. Is that award something the team votes on or is it an administrative award? If not a team vote it would be interesting to note how they feel about it. I don't think Vick will be in Philly after this season anyway.
Vick wins Eagles' courage award

By ROB MAADDI (AP) – 5 hours ago

PHILADELPHIA — Michael Vick's peers appreciate his tough journey back to the NFL.

Vick won the Ed Block Courage Award, voted on by his teammates on the Philadelphia Eagles.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 07:06 AM   #6
The Starter
 
SolidSnake84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stephens City, VA
Posts: 1,859
Re: Vick wins Eagles' courage award

The Eagles Courage award is a team voted award.

He likely won't be in Philadelphia next year, but it still baffles me how many people think that Vick deserved a lifetime ban, when other people who committed way worse crimes against HUMAN BEINGS came back and played again.

I look foreward to us all moving past the Michael Vick thing.
__________________
Time to nut up or shut up
SolidSnake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 08:08 AM   #7
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: Vick wins Eagles' courage award

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
Vick wins Eagles' courage award

By ROB MAADDI (AP) – 5 hours ago

PHILADELPHIA — Michael Vick's peers appreciate his tough journey back to the NFL.

Vick won the Ed Block Courage Award, voted on by his teammates on the Philadelphia Eagles.
Thanks....I wasn't aware of everything that went into the process of awarding the award. I think it was Phillip Daniels who won the award for us, I just didn't know if it was an award that was voted upon.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 08:37 AM   #8
Impact Rookie
 
davy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: England
Posts: 691
Re: Vick wins Eagles' courage award

When did courage become a synonym for self interest?
__________________
“Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to.”
davy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 09:49 AM   #9
The Starter
 
wolfeskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: chesapeake,va.
Posts: 2,160
Re: Vick wins Eagles' courage award

by giving vick the award, it discredits it's meaning and purpose. just like awarding the nobel peace prize to obama. it's a huge crock of sh*t.
__________________
Hail to Allen/Shanahan .... bring in some baby hogs and load up on diesel fuel !!! (budw38)
wolfeskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 09:59 AM   #10
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,391
Re: Vick wins Eagles' courage award

Quote:
Originally Posted by davy View Post
When did courage become a synonym for self interest?
Good question.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 10:10 AM   #11
Impact Rookie
 
tdSKINS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Altavista Virginia
Age: 25
Posts: 711
Re: Vick wins Eagles' courage award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
It's an atempt to polish up his image a bit. Is that award something the team votes on or is it an administrative award? If not a team vote it would be interesting to note how they feel about it. I don't think Vick will be in Philly after this season anyway.
Hey Longtime whats up man? On this topic the team actually voted on this and it was unanimous if I read it right.
__________________
#21 Never Forget
HOKIES!
tdSKINS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.24496 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25