Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Haynesworth Sent Home From Practice (rips defensive scheme/coaches)

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2009, 11:54 AM   #91
The Starter
 
rbanerjee23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,420
Re: Haynesworth rips Redskins' D scheme

Frankly, I love it...who do you think Snyder is going to listen to? the player or the coaches, keep in mind that Albert makes more than probably the entire coaching staff.
__________________
"Tough times don't last but tough people do"

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-27-2009, 12:00 PM   #92
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 43
Posts: 4,920
Re: Haynesworth rips Redskins' D scheme

One of the biggest mistakes coaches make is being stubborn and not adjusting to the strengths of the talent they're given. I think Zorn was especially guilty of this with Campbell, hence the dramatic improvement in production once Lewis took over the playcalling but back on topic, Blache did this with Taylor in '08 and now Haynesworth in '10. It's almost like he'd rather have a bunch of nobodies that he can tell what to do rather than adjust his scheme suited to his talented players.
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 12:16 PM   #93
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,392
Re: Haynesworth rips Redskins' D scheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
One of the biggest mistakes coaches make is being stubborn and not adjusting to the strengths of the talent they're given. I think Zorn was especially guilty of this with Campbell, hence the dramatic improvement in production once Lewis took over the playcalling but back on topic, Blache did this with Taylor in '08 and now Haynesworth in '10. It's almost like he'd rather have a bunch of nobodies that he can tell what to do rather than adjust his scheme suited to his talented players.
Exactly! I don't know why you'd even bother to get a passrusher in his scheme. He wants his linemen to play the run and his DB's to make a s**tload of reads and cover like he has a bunch of Champ Baileys back there. He doesn't even disguise blitzes very well. He was getting the same reaction from Chicago fans during his time there.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 12:36 PM   #94
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,640
Re: Haynesworth rips Redskins' D scheme

I think Phat Al tried to be a good guy by keeping his mouth shut but finally his frustration boiled over. I think he is publicly lobbying now for a new DC who will let him be free. I also think that his criticisms are spot on.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 03:24 PM   #95
The Starter
 
rbanerjee23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,420
Re: Haynesworth Sent Home From Practice (rips defensive scheme/coaches)

One thing I want to bring notice to is the fact that despite having one of the league's best defenses, don't you guys feel as if they give up a lot of big plays and don't show up when it matters most? I've lost track of the times when the defense has really needed to have a stop and been run over...in my opinion, the finger of blame falls squarely on the coaching and I'll be happy to see Blache gone
__________________
"Tough times don't last but tough people do"

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 05:16 PM   #96
The Starter
 
SolidSnake84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stephens City, VA
Posts: 1,872
Re: Haynesworth Sent Home From Practice (rips defensive scheme/coaches)

I just have an honest question for you guys. Given that Portis earlier this year was guilty of the same stuff (badmouthing coaches, people, etc...) why was no discipline issued to him? Now i know he would have gotten injured anyway, but he did this stuff all the time and nobody ever touched him....whY?
__________________
Time to nut up or shut up
SolidSnake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 05:21 PM   #97
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 12,126
Re: Haynesworth Sent Home From Practice (rips defensive scheme/coaches)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
I just have an honest question for you guys. Given that Portis earlier this year was guilty of the same stuff (badmouthing coaches, people, etc...) why was no discipline issued to him? Now i know he would have gotten injured anyway, but he did this stuff all the time and nobody ever touched him....whY?
Portis wasn't disciplined because all he did was badmouth players. Haynesworth was allegedly disciplined because he showed up late. I guess if you show up on time you can talk as much trash as you want.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 05:29 PM   #98
The Starter
 
Redskin Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 1,489
Re: Haynesworth Sent Home From Practice (rips defensive scheme/coaches)

Phat Al spoke his mind at the right time if you ask me. He is saying you brought me over to be the dominant player i was in Tenn so let me be me. This is a message to the owner, GM, current coaching staff, future coaching staff, players & peers. I LOVE IT!!!
__________________
WIN, LOSE OR DRAW I'M A DIE-HARD REDSKIN FAN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
First they ban winning...now this?
Redskin Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 05:40 PM   #99
The Starter
 
rbanerjee23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,420
Re: Haynesworth Sent Home From Practice (rips defensive scheme/coaches)

Albert upset the coaches and I think we are seeing a little of Zorn's ugly side right now considering how far south he has taken this team
__________________
"Tough times don't last but tough people do"

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:06 PM   #100
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,732
Re: Haynesworth Sent Home From Practice (rips defensive scheme/coaches)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbanerjee23 View Post
Albert upset the coaches and I think we are seeing a little of Zorn's ugly side right now considering how far south he has taken this team
I agree about Zorns ugly side, I also think the best possible case in this is SS's comment about Bruce Allen. I can accept AH's complaints, but if BA is trying to change the culture that would be a huge positive, especially if it includes the 100million dollar man, would send a sign that a new sherriff is in town, and no one is exempt. The worst case is if Zorn honestly felt this was his Bill Belicheck Randy Moss moment. But this staff is gone, so I really can't worry about that.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:15 PM   #101
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,908
Re: Haynesworth rips Redskins' D scheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
I think Phat Al tried to be a good guy by keeping his mouth shut but finally his frustration boiled over. I think he is publicly lobbying now for a new DC who will let him be free. I also think that his criticisms are spot on.
Great post. You are right.
With the type of players we now have on defense, Orakpo, Haynesworth, etc. we need an attacking defensive system. GM Allen needs to be careful who he brings in to be DC.
A bit off topic, but we were mathematically eliminated from the playoffs a month ago. Why are the young guys not playing more? Jeremy Jarmon, Kevin Barnes, Marko Mitchell, Lendy Holmes, Edwin Williams, Robert Henson, etc.
Where are they and why are they not on the field? It is time to stop protecting these rookies and see what they have. Seeing someone like Phillip Daniels play at this point is a waste.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:46 PM   #102
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Haynesworth Sent Home From Practice (rips defensive scheme/coaches)

I guess it took AH to do this for it to be okay.. every other player of ours that did it had "bad character" and whatnot in most fans' eyes
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:59 PM   #103
Impact Rookie
 
doughtydoubter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: the glorious city of DC
Posts: 697
Re: Haynesworth Sent Home From Practice (rips defensive scheme/coaches)

phat al did the right thing..im sorry we have some serious problems with our schemes...if he is to be our marquee player with rakpo as his deputy we have to play towards their strengths
doughtydoubter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 10:26 PM   #104
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,678
Re: Haynesworth rips Redskins' D scheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Great post. You are right.
With the type of players we now have on defense, Orakpo, Haynesworth, etc. we need an attacking defensive system. GM Allen needs to be careful who he brings in to be DC.
A bit off topic, but we were mathematically eliminated from the playoffs a month ago. Why are the young guys not playing more? Jeremy Jarmon, Kevin Barnes, Marko Mitchell, Lendy Holmes, Edwin Williams, Robert Henson, etc.
Where are they and why are they not on the field? It is time to stop protecting these rookies and see what they have. Seeing someone like Phillip Daniels play at this point is a waste.
Well Jarmon is on IR, I would like to have seen more of Barnes especially
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 11:20 PM   #105
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: Haynesworth Sent Home From Practice (rips defensive scheme/coaches)

Anyone ready to question Big Al on this one? Colinsworth has questioned our safety positioning all night.

Thanks for trying, Blache. You are behind the times but legitimate. Our head coach is a punchline.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28525 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25