Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Do You Want Jason Campbell Back in 2010?

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Do You Want Jason Campbell Back in 2010
Yes 145 67.44%
No 70 32.56%
Voters: 215. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2010, 07:54 PM   #316
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,810
Re: Do You Want Jason Campbell Back in 2010?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Skins Fan View Post
You are overreaching by a large margin with those expectations, but a trade is the best case scenario at this point.

One thing I have realized this year is that if you have to consistently make excuses for a quarterback then you do not have a very good player.
You do realize the Skins could put a 1st/3rd tender on him just so if another team wants him they'd have to pay the price right? You need to stop looking at this through the eyes of a biased 'Skins fan and see how he might be evaluated around the league. Look at him from a different franchise' perspective: He's still young, got decent starter experience, has experienced growth in almost all major statistics since he became the starter, and is deserving of the benefit of the doubt because the franchise is disheveled and he had to deal with a crappy o-line and changing playcallers midseason.

And one thing I've learned this year is we can talk all day about how bad/good a quarterback is, but it doesn't mean jack shit as to how he's evaluated around the league. You see trades go on all the time where one team gets fleeced but they still think they got the good end of a deal. Weirder things have happened in this league and they will continue to happen.
mooby is offline  

Advertisements
Old 01-04-2010, 09:41 PM   #317
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,317
Re: Do You Want Jason Campbell Back in 2010?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hail_2_da_skins View Post
Good catch Slingin' Sammy, Clausen is rated a franchise caliber QB, but will he be available at #4? I don't think so. I also question his Pro potential. Brady Quinn, also from Notre Dame was highly rated and is still hasn't fully developed. If Clausen is so good, why did Notre Dame struggle so much. I'm not sold on this quarterback draft class. The Redskins need to draft a left tackle in the first round. I like Russell Okung, Oklahoma State and Bruce Campbell, Maryland.
Read the link to the blog. It explains in detail why Clausen has the tools to be a franchise caliber NFL QB, despite ND struggles this year. If Clausen (and Suh) is gone, I agree we should go LT.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline  
Old 01-04-2010, 09:46 PM   #318
Playmaker
 
WaldSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Age: 30
Posts: 2,726
Re: Do You Want Jason Campbell Back in 2010?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
Read the link to the blog. It explains in detail why Clausen has the tools to be a franchise caliber NFL QB, despite ND struggles this year. If Clausen (and Suh) is gone, I agree we should go LT.
I am hoping that Suh is still there at #4 because he is one player that teams would be willing to trade up for.
__________________
"I would change that around, Jesus isn't Cutler. I guarantee you Jesus couldnt thread the ball like Jay does."-Monksdown
WaldSkins is offline  
Old 01-04-2010, 10:04 PM   #319
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Do You Want Jason Campbell Back in 2010?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hail_2_da_skins View Post
Good catch Slingin' Sammy, Clausen is rated a franchise caliber QB, but will he be available at #4? I don't think so. I also question his Pro potential. Brady Quinn, also from Notre Dame was highly rated and is still hasn't fully developed. If Clausen is so good, why did Notre Dame struggle so much. I'm not sold on this quarterback draft class. The Redskins need to draft a left tackle in the first round. I like Russell Okung, Oklahoma State and Bruce Campbell, Maryland.
They considered just calling them N after this year since the D never showed up.
tryfuhl is offline  
Old 01-05-2010, 02:53 AM   #320
Special Teams
 
RedskinsfaninBaltimore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 140
Re: Do You Want Jason Campbell Back in 2010?

Yes. Because an inexperience rookie QB behind a bad offensive line is a bad combination. The Redskins need to worry about the foundation of this team. Campbell has actually played pretty decent when he's had time to throw the ball.
RedskinsfaninBaltimore is offline  
Old 01-05-2010, 03:02 AM   #321
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: Do You Want Jason Campbell Back in 2010?

I'm indifferent for the most part. Shanahan will likely inflate his stats again due to a combination of coaching and how Shanahan runs the WCO, but I doubt his accuracy problems are realistically fixable.
SirClintonPortis is offline  
Old 01-05-2010, 04:26 AM   #322
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,993
Re: Do You Want Jason Campbell Back in 2010?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
He'll be there if the Rams don't take him. The concern I have with Clausen is his limited time as a successful college QB. Still, I wouldn't mind getting him at all. ND struggled because they had No D. They scored 30 points over 6 times this year I think and I'm not sure they won any of those games (don't quote me on that)
Clausen also has had experience playing behind a line that can't block anyone, but he didn't get successful until that line learned how to pick up a basic blitz.

With that said, I'm not sure what is to be gained by drafting Jimmy Clausen. Could we win with him? I think we could. Could we win because of him? Hasn't worked for anyone in the past.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 01-05-2010, 08:27 AM   #323
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,418
Re: Do You Want Jason Campbell Back in 2010?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
You do realize the Skins could put a 1st/3rd tender on him just so if another team wants him they'd have to pay the price right? You need to stop looking at this through the eyes of a biased 'Skins fan and see how he might be evaluated around the league. Look at him from a different franchise' perspective: He's still young, got decent starter experience, has experienced growth in almost all major statistics since he became the starter, and is deserving of the benefit of the doubt because the franchise is disheveled and he had to deal with a crappy o-line and changing playcallers midseason.

And one thing I've learned this year is we can talk all day about how bad/good a quarterback is, but it doesn't mean jack shit as to how he's evaluated around the league. You see trades go on all the time where one team gets fleeced but they still think they got the good end of a deal. Weirder things have happened in this league and they will continue to happen.
Just because you tender someone at that level it doesn't mean you're going to get that in return. It's basically just a starting off point for the negotiations. I think it's pretty safe to say nobody is going to give up a 1st and a 3rd for JC.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 01-05-2010, 11:10 AM   #324
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Do You Want Jason Campbell Back in 2010?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldSkins View Post
I am hoping that Suh is still there at #4 because he is one player that teams would be willing to trade up for.
If Suh is still available, what we need to do is use the threat of drafting him to trade the spot for multiple, good picks.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline  
Old 01-05-2010, 01:28 PM   #325
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,512
Re: Do You Want Jason Campbell Back in 2010?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
You do realize the Skins could put a 1st/3rd tender on him just so if another team wants him they'd have to pay the price right? You need to stop looking at this through the eyes of a biased 'Skins fan and see how he might be evaluated around the league. Look at him from a different franchise' perspective: He's still young, got decent starter experience, has experienced growth in almost all major statistics since he became the starter, and is deserving of the benefit of the doubt because the franchise is disheveled and he had to deal with a crappy o-line and changing playcallers midseason.

And one thing I've learned this year is we can talk all day about how bad/good a quarterback is, but it doesn't mean jack shit as to how he's evaluated around the league. You see trades go on all the time where one team gets fleeced but they still think they got the good end of a deal. Weirder things have happened in this league and they will continue to happen.
how about Schroeder(sp?) to the raiders for Jim Lachey? and more recently, Cutler to the bears for a couple of very high picks( i forget exactly what picks they were, but i think a couple of first rounders) and buster, over the last portion of the season, you were one of Campbell's biggest supporters. are you still?
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline  
Old 01-05-2010, 01:36 PM   #326
The Starter
 
44Deezel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Davidsonville
Posts: 1,617
Re: Do You Want Jason Campbell Back in 2010?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinsfaninBaltimore View Post
Yes. Because an inexperience rookie QB behind a bad offensive line is a bad combination. The Redskins need to worry about the foundation of this team. Campbell has actually played pretty decent when he's had time to throw the ball.
You think he played well the first 4 or 5 games of the season when he was one of the least sacked QBs in the league? Against the Chefs? That said, I do like how he played down the stretch, but I'm tired of everyone blaming the line for EVERYTHING. There are other issues. He hasn't been all that consistent when the line has been in tact and playing well.
44Deezel is offline  
Old 01-05-2010, 01:41 PM   #327
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Do You Want Jason Campbell Back in 2010?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
how about Schroeder(sp?) to the raiders for Jim Lachey? and more recently, Cutler to the bears for a couple of very high picks( i forget exactly what picks they were, but i think a couple of first rounders) and buster, over the last portion of the season, you were one of Campbell's biggest supporters. are you still?
Yes.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline  
Old 01-05-2010, 01:44 PM   #328
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Do You Want Jason Campbell Back in 2010?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Just because you tender someone at that level it doesn't mean you're going to get that in return. It's basically just a starting off point for the negotiations. I think it's pretty safe to say nobody is going to give up a 1st and a 3rd for JC.
Honestly, if we COULD get a first and third for him, I'd take it, even being a big supporter of JC's.

We could draft 2 first-round linemen (2 tackles!) and use the second-round pick on a QB not named Bradford or Tebow. Then, use our new third-rounder that we were previously missing on either another lineman, a RB or a LB.

That way we could bolster the line AND get a QB.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline  
Old 01-05-2010, 01:54 PM   #329
No new threads for you
 
Eriwar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 60
Re: Do You Want Jason Campbell Back in 2010?

There are only 10 quarterbacks who week end and week out get the job done. The rest have warts and get flambéed by fans and the media like JC. Let’s stick with JC.........
Eriwar is offline  
Old 01-05-2010, 03:17 PM   #330
The Starter
 
warriorzpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,659
Re: Do You Want Jason Campbell Back in 2010?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Deezel View Post
You think he played well the first 4 or 5 games of the season when he was one of the least sacked QBs in the league? Against the Chefs? That said, I do like how he played down the stretch, but I'm tired of everyone blaming the line for EVERYTHING. There are other issues. He hasn't been all that consistent when the line has been in tact and playing well.
Yes, I agree. And campbell's been very inconsistent. I don't like the idea of having a quarterback who plays inconsistent and has trust & confidence issues.
warriorzpath is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32673 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25