Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


The Tempered Expectations Thread

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2010, 10:51 AM   #121
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: The Tempered Expectations Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Proven track record as in look at Shanahan's career accomplishments. I think that speaks for itself.

It's not about blind faith man, it's about letting things play out and giving this new regime a chance before you write off everything.

Right now nobody knows for sure how this is all going to work. I can't tell you it's going to work, just like you can't tell me it's not going to work. Everyone can spin all the stats and numbers all they want to fit their views, truth is we have to see how things play out on the field.
don't you think every single time there's any change in the coaching staff of a team in the off-season, everyone always gets excited and says, "let things play-off before you write off everything?" Smart offseason moves translate to inseason success. Firing Vinny was a good first move. We had a clean slate and, instead of making a bunch of great moves, have made a bunch of mediocre ones. therefore, i'm expecting mediocre results. I'm expecting our offense to improve dramatically over the next 3 years and our defense to regress with each consecutive year. over the next 5 years, we won't win more than 10 regular season games, we wont win more than 1 playoff game, but we won't be 4-12 again either. i'm not being pessemtistic, i'm being realistic. i'm basing my expectations on the mediocre track records of everyone confirmed to be part of our new front office and coaching staff.

Like you said, none of us knows anything for a certainty, but the "recipe for success" is simply not here. The team has raised my expectations by firing Vinny and Zorn, but he's disappointed me with everything since. Sorry, but I stopped drinking the Koolaid the moment Allen was hired as a precursor to Shanahan. Right now the only thing that would raise my expectations is if a proven personnel guy is hired to make those decisions. Shanahan and Allen both need help in that department if they want to succeed.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-13-2010, 11:04 AM   #122
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,131
Re: The Tempered Expectations Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
don't you think every single time there's any change in the coaching staff of a team in the off-season, everyone always gets excited and says, "let things play-off before you write off everything?" Smart offseason moves translate to inseason success. Firing Vinny was a good first move. We had a clean slate and, instead of making a bunch of great moves, have made a bunch of mediocre ones. therefore, i'm expecting mediocre results. I'm expecting our offense to improve dramatically over the next 3 years and our defense to regress with each consecutive year. over the next 5 years, we won't win more than 10 regular season games, we wont win more than 1 playoff game, but we won't be 4-12 again either. i'm not being pessemtistic, i'm being realistic. i'm basing my expectations on the mediocre track records of everyone confirmed to be part of our new front office and coaching staff.

Like you said, none of us knows anything for a certainty, but the "recipe for success" is simply not here. The team has raised my expectations by firing Vinny and Zorn, but he's disappointed me with everything since. Sorry, but I stopped drinking the Koolaid the moment Allen was hired as a precursor to Shanahan. Right now the only thing that would raise my expectations is if a proven personnel guy is hired to make those decisions. Shanahan and Allen both need help in that department if they want to succeed.
You're certainly entitled to your opinions, it's just funny how you speak in such certainties and absolutes and seem to already have your mind made up.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 11:17 AM   #123
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: The Tempered Expectations Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
You're certainly entitled to your opinions, it's just funny how you speak in such certainties and absolutes and seem to already have your mind made up.
When Zorn and Cerrato were fired, I had high hopes. We had a blank slate. so far, most of my fears have been confirmed. i've seen enough already to make my mind up. i've formed an opinion, and its not changing until i see any evidence that it should.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 11:38 AM   #124
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,131
Re: The Tempered Expectations Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
When Zorn and Cerrato were fired, I had high hopes. We had a blank slate. so far, most of my fears have been confirmed. i've seen enough already to make my mind up. i've formed an opinion, and its not changing until i see any evidence that it should.
Wish I could be so sure in January before we've made any personnel moves and haven't stepped on a practice field yet.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.16869 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25