Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Coaching Staff update

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2010, 01:41 PM   #661
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,406
Re: Coaching Staff update

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
Shanahan must like the OL playing dirty. After all, injuring someone is a way to make winning easier.
Sounds like Flozell Adams' motto for the 2009 season.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-17-2010, 02:50 PM   #662
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,043
Re: Coaching Staff update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Sounds like Flozell Adams' motto for the 2009 season.
Flozell's favorite song is the old "you can whip it, whip it good."
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 03:51 PM   #663
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: Coaching Staff update

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Former Redskin Practice Squad WR Richmond Flowers .
he was on our 2003 preseason roster too!
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:30 PM   #664
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Coaching Staff update

More rumor mill. Thought I'd put it here. Apparently our FO is not happy with our scouting dept.

JasonLaConfora - Football Ops and Scouting changes coming to DC???? - EXTREMESKINS.com
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:35 PM   #665
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,976
Re: Coaching Staff update

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
More rumor mill. Thought I'd put it here. Apparently our FO is not happy with our scouting dept.

JasonLaConfora - Football Ops and Scouting changes coming to DC???? - EXTREMESKINS.com
Loyal readers of the Warpath have known for a while that contracts were set to expire for a lot of or scouts and other FO Execs shortly following the draft, and that Jim and/or Jeff Goodman were favorites to join the staff
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:40 PM   #666
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,934
Re: Coaching Staff update

The one guy I hope is safe would be Morocco Brown.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:07 AM   #667
Playmaker
 
celts32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hackettstown NJ
Age: 43
Posts: 2,656
Re: Coaching Staff update

I really wish we could get Eric DeCosta out of Baltimore. Does anyone know if the Goodman's have any noteworthy experience other then working with Shanny in Denver?
__________________
Section 115 Row 23

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

http://victorybeer.com/
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:59 PM   #668
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: Coaching Staff update

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
The one guy I hope is safe would be Morocco Brown.
Yeah, without knowing his specifics (who he really pushed for, discovered, etc) it's hard to say if he will have made enough of an impact for a new regime to keep him on. But the guy went from intern to director of pro personnel in less than 10 years, seems to be solid.. even though he worked under Cerrato!
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:15 PM   #669
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,976
Re: Coaching Staff update

Quote:
Originally Posted by celts32 View Post
I really wish we could get Eric DeCosta out of Baltimore. Does anyone know if the Goodman's have any noteworthy experience other then working with Shanny in Denver?
At the NFL level, it's only been with Denver
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:03 PM   #670
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Coaching Staff update

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Loyal readers of the Warpath have known for a while that contracts were set to expire for a lot of or scouts and other FO Execs shortly following the draft, and that Jim and/or Jeff Goodman were favorites to join the staff
Touche. nice dig on me. But this is the place I always come to first and hang out at almost all the time. I make a sweep everywhere else in case there is news we have missed.

On a side note I'm not into the scouts that much and could care less who's in or out so long as they do their job. Although some could say they have done good but not great.

I remember something mentioned about it but I haven't heard much about it lately. I thought it came up back when Shanahan was announced because everyone thought there would be a whole sale change there also, but it didn't happen. Maybe M.Shanahan felt that who ever he brought in would have to work over time trying to get caught up on all the college players and scouting and it would be hard with college football essentially over.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:10 PM   #671
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,976
Re: Coaching Staff update

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Touche. nice dig on me. But this is the place I always come to first and hang out at almost all the time. I make a sweep everywhere else in case there is news we have missed.
Just messin' with ya

Quote:
On a side note I'm not into the scouts that much and could care less who's in or out so long as they do their job. Although some could say they have done good but not great.
Honestly, I've kind of lost track of who is still a scout on the team (my "Getting to Know the Front Office" thread is woefully outdated). It changes to often to truly keep track

Quote:
I remember something mentioned about it but I haven't heard much about it lately. I thought it came up back when Shanahan was announced because everyone thought there would be a whole sale change there also, but it didn't happen. Maybe M.Shanahan felt that who ever he brought in would have to work over time trying to get caught up on all the college players and scouting and it would be hard with college football essentially over.
I think more than anything it was because of contracts and it would have been too weird if one of the Goodmans stepped in and worked with Scott Campbell after Campbell's been working so hard all year long. Just let him finish his job. I'm not sure what's going to happen quite honestly. Scott Campbell's always been a good lieutenant but how much longer do you keep around for just to do that? As for Brown, I know Snyder's a huge fan and would love for him to stay on the staff but he may be better off getting a chance to shine elsewhere.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:39 PM   #672
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,882
Re: Coaching Staff update

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Honestly, I've kind of lost track of who is still a scout on the team (my "Getting to Know the Front Office" thread is woefully outdated). It changes to often to truly keep track
Well, once May Mandatory Mod Month starts, I am sure we will get to see many new and exciting happenings here.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:52 PM   #673
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,976
Re: Coaching Staff update

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Well, once May Mandatory Mod Month starts, I am sure we will get to see many new and exciting happenings here.
Maybe it's mandatory for other mods but not this one
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 05:11 PM   #674
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,737
Re: Coaching Staff update

The funny thing is up until they picked Cook and Capers I wanted the front office guys (not Allen) to leave as soon as the draft was over. Now I'm not so sure that I'd want to see them go. It's just that up to those last two picks it was clear that the guys who worked under Vinny were making the day 3 picks.

I mean even the pattern of Riley (LB) - Morris (TE turned FB) -Austin (WR) was erringly similar to the picks of Henson (LB) - Williams (TE turned FB) - Mitchell (WR) last year. Throw in the fact that they selected another player in the 7th round from UCLA and I pretty much knew that these were the guys that were partially responsible for the holy draft board that never seemed to have lineman at the top.

Now I don't want to say that two 7th round picks should be enough to convince me to want to keep around a group of scouts and personnel people but at the same time it did show that they were in fact willing to draft lineman late. Which given our current situation is definitely an improvement.

Sorry for peddling to conspiracy theory for the 10,000th time with the pick pattern but it's just something that to this day makes me scratch my head and wonder how confident these guys are in evaluating offensive and defensive lineman as opposed to DB's, LB's, WR's, and FB's.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 12:36 AM   #675
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: Coaching Staff update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
The funny thing is up until they picked Cook and Capers I wanted the front office guys (not Allen) to leave as soon as the draft was over. Now I'm not so sure that I'd want to see them go. It's just that up to those last two picks it was clear that the guys who worked under Vinny were making the day 3 picks.

I mean even the pattern of Riley (LB) - Morris (TE turned FB) -Austin (WR) was erringly similar to the picks of Henson (LB) - Williams (TE turned FB) - Mitchell (WR) last year. Throw in the fact that they selected another player in the 7th round from UCLA and I pretty much knew that these were the guys that were partially responsible for the holy draft board that never seemed to have lineman at the top.

Now I don't want to say that two 7th round picks should be enough to convince me to want to keep around a group of scouts and personnel people but at the same time it did show that they were in fact willing to draft lineman late. Which given our current situation is definitely an improvement.

Sorry for peddling to conspiracy theory for the 10,000th time with the pick pattern but it's just something that to this day makes me scratch my head and wonder how confident these guys are in evaluating offensive and defensive lineman as opposed to DB's, LB's, WR's, and FB's.
Good points, I guess Cerrato wanted the money picks to reflect on him. I mean did he ever even try to use Horton as an example of his success after that first season?
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.46606 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25