Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Wild Card Weekend Game Day Thread(s)

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2010, 05:53 PM   #241
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,975
Re: Wild Card Weekend Game Day Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
This is true, but could he really be much worse than Batiste or Jones?
I would have kept him over Batiste for sure. I didn't have a problem with Jones as our LT once Samuels went down. Bridges should have been starting at RT over Heyer, in my opinion.

Still, as serviceable as I think Bridges could have been with us I do believe Warner is making him look much much better than he is.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-11-2010, 05:58 PM   #242
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: Wild Card Weekend Game Day Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I would have kept him over Batiste for sure. I didn't have a problem with Jones as our LT once Samuels went down. Bridges should have been starting at RT over Heyer, in my opinion.

Still, as serviceable as I think Bridges could have been with us I do believe Warner is making him look much much better than he is.
yeah that's true.. jones was a street pick up, I neglected that.. I probably would've kept bridges over williams and def a possibility over heyer
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:00 PM   #243
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,028
Re: Wild Card Weekend Game Day Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I would have kept him over Batiste for sure. I didn't have a problem with Jones as our LT once Samuels went down. Bridges should have been starting at RT over Heyer, in my opinion.

Still, as serviceable as I think Bridges could have been with us I do believe Warner is making him look much much better than he is.
I understand the argument that Warner makes him look better. Still, where was Bridges while we went through a nightmare of trying to plug in nobodies? We really could have used Bridges.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:01 PM   #244
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: Wild Card Weekend Game Day Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Well said. I think people forget that sometimes. We look players released from our team, see them performing well elsewhere and assume the Skins made a bad personnel move.
For some reason guys like Ryan Clark & Antonio Pierce come to mind.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:05 PM   #245
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Wild Card Weekend Game Day Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
For some reason guys like Ryan Clark & Antonio Pierce come to mind.
Pierce has had some good years in NY for sure, but he's been MIA this year and wasn't all that great last year.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:09 PM   #246
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Wild Card Weekend Game Day Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I would have kept him over Batiste for sure. I didn't have a problem with Jones as our LT once Samuels went down. Bridges should have been starting at RT over Heyer, in my opinion.

Still, as serviceable as I think Bridges could have been with us I do believe Warner is making him look much much better than he is.
I did not really notice his play but they could also be providing him a little help.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:25 PM   #247
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Wild Card Weekend Game Day Thread(s)

Looks like the Bills are wanting to interview everyone....

Grimm:
Bills want to interview Russ Grimm | ProFootballTalk.com

Schottenheimer:
Bills ask to talk to Brian Schottenheimer | ProFootballTalk.com
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:48 PM   #248
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,975
Re: Wild Card Weekend Game Day Thread(s)

I think B Schott has been the leading candidate for a while now, and he called a great game on Saturday which I doubt went unrecognized by the Bills. Both he and Grimm would be strong choices
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:09 PM   #249
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Wild Card Weekend Game Day Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think B Schott has been the leading candidate for a while now, and he called a great game on Saturday which I doubt went unrecognized by the Bills. Both he and Grimm would be strong choices
I think Shottenheimer is a no brainer. I even wanted the same situation here with the Shottenheimer's like we are getting with the Shanahan's. I guess now that I'm hearing more either family would have been decent. I was just hoping one of the dads would HC for a short while leading into their sons taking over.

Grimm I would wonder about. He's definitly one of the best OL coach's. I, as an owner, would want to know more about whether he's calling the plays or not. I guess it's not a requirement to call the plays and he could pick up an excellent OC to do that.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:23 PM   #250
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: Wild Card Weekend Game Day Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Pierce has had some good years in NY for sure, but he's been MIA this year and wasn't all that great last year.
so that's a number of good and serviceable years.. we've kept linebackers past their day before
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:35 AM   #251
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,732
Re: Wild Card Weekend Game Day Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
There's also a big difference between Bridges blocking for Kurt Warner and Bridges blocking for Jason Campbell. And this really isn't a knock on Campbell as much as it is praise for Warner. Dude is just redonkulous. His pocket awareness and ability to get rid of the ball at just the right moment is uncanny. He can make even the most routine of linemen look like all-pros.
You brought up the part people dont acknowledge, the QB makes the line better and the line makes the QB better. People want to blame all JC's problems on the line but if JC had better pocket presence and got the ball out faster he'd make the line look a lot better and they'd make him look better too.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:00 AM   #252
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,553
Re: Wild Card Weekend Game Day Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
You brought up the part people dont acknowledge, the QB makes the line better and the line makes the QB better. People want to blame all JC's problems on the line but if JC had better pocket presence and got the ball out faster he'd make the line look a lot better and they'd make him look better too.
True, but we still have to acknowledge our OL was one of the worst in the league. When your QB gets blasted on a 3 step drop semi-regularly, that's a problem that is out of his control.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:40 AM   #253
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,815
Re: Wild Card Weekend Game Day Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
There's also a big difference between Bridges blocking for Kurt Warner and Bridges blocking for Jason Campbell. And this really isn't a knock on Campbell as much as it is praise for Warner. Dude is just redonkulous. His pocket awareness and ability to get rid of the ball at just the right moment is uncanny. He can make even the most routine of linemen look like all-pros.
Yeah I'm def going to have to agree w/ you. And it's a knock on JC cause he can't feel the rush like Warner can. The great QB's just have that knack. Warner just showed why he is a HOF QB. He just ripped apart a damn good GB secondary. The guy is just a true stud and I can't believe he's even thinking about quitting.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:58 AM   #254
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,882
Re: Wild Card Weekend Game Day Thread(s)

One thing about "pocket presence", if you have the same line every down, you develop a knowledge of how each OL guy is going to handle their responsibilities. One of the big problems with the shuffling that we did is that Campbell, and the backs who had to pick up blitzers could not comfortably develop an idea of who would pick up which defender. Cohesion along the OL is as important as the quality of any individual player. Campbell certainly missed opportunities, and stepped up when he should have rolled out etc etc, but the OL flux we had this year would have given the best quarterbacks difficulties.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:21 AM   #255
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,975
Re: Wild Card Weekend Game Day Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Yeah I'm def going to have to agree w/ you. And it's a knock on JC cause he can't feel the rush like Warner can. The great QB's just have that knack. Warner just showed why he is a HOF QB. He just ripped apart a damn good GB secondary. The guy is just a true stud and I can't believe he's even thinking about quitting.
5 TDs and 4 incompletions is just mind-boggling. Especially when a) he didn't have Boldin and b) the Packers have Charles Woodson. And I don't think Leinart is a bad QB but the gap between him and Warner is staggering.

It's crazy to think we may have never witnessed any of this if Trent Green hadn't gotten hurt and forced Warner into action. Just makes you wonder about all the 3rd string/practice squad QBs over the years that might have been in the same boat
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28712 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25