Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Vikings Run Up The Score: Brooking vs. Pat Williams

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2010, 03:30 PM   #226
Playmaker
 
BleedBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,468
Re: Vikings Run Up The Score: Brooking vs. Pat Williams

Can't believe this has gone 237 comments (now 238). A lot of vaginitis down in Dallas these days...
__________________
"All natural institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-19-2010, 03:32 PM   #227
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,841
Re: Vikings Run Up The Score: Brooking vs. Pat Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I'm actually interested in what I said in that thread. It would be interesting to compare the comments then and now.
Here you go.

Your first post in the thread say it all:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I'm sorry, but I just read the first hand full of posts and it's completely laughable that Belichick is being accused of being classless for "running up the score". What?! And Godfrey had comments afterward? Listen, these are grown ass men playing football for crying out loud! Since when are you supposed to dial down on the competitive juices. I loved Belichick's presser. "We're just out there playing football."

If he's accused of having his team ready to kick ass, guilty as charged. The Skins had absolutely no fire, and the Pats did. That's the bottom line.

If anything I hope it serves as a wake up call to Gibbs and co.,but somehow I doubt it will. But to answer the question, I have no problem with the way the Pats scored on us yesterday - none.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 03:36 PM   #228
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,442
Re: Vikings Run Up The Score: Brooking vs. Pat Williams

I think what also rubbed people the wrong way back then was the smug attitude Belichick had about it. When he was asked after the game if he thought the Pats ran up the score he said something like what should we have done, kick a FG?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 03:38 PM   #229
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Vikings Run Up The Score: Brooking vs. Pat Williams

Really the only thing that rubbed me wrong about the Pats was the fake kneel downs. They did that in a couple of games right.. or was it just one?
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 03:41 PM   #230
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,841
Re: Vikings Run Up The Score: Brooking vs. Pat Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I think what also rubbed people the wrong way back then was the smug attitude Belichick had about it. When he was asked after the game if he thought the Pats ran up the score he said something like what should we have done, kick a FG?
This is what he said:

Quote:
"I've been coaching too long," Belichick said. "I remember being on that side. When I was coaching defense it was my job to keep the score down, not theirs. When you're playing defense it's your job to stop them. It's not (the offense's) job to not score. It's like I tell the offense, what the (bleep) do you think I send you guys out there for? To punt? We have a punt team for that. That's not your job. Your job is to go out there and score points. If you come off the field and you haven't scored points you haven't done your job."

-Belichick
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 03:50 PM   #231
Impact Rookie
 
hail_2_da_skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: St. Louis, MO
Age: 58
Posts: 863
Re: Vikings Run Up The Score: Brooking vs. Pat Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
Wow, you must be really starved for your fanhood. If your team cannot play well enough to satisfy your fandom that you have to take pleasure in a rival team losing a playoff game, then, I pity you.

Gotta ask, who do you root harder for? The Redskins when they play? Or any team playing the Cowboys? If your answer is the later, then your fanhood is in real question. As it would seem that you would take more pleasure in seeing a certain team lose, more than seeing the Redskins win.

And to even mention the words "humiliation, ineptitude and failure", your kidding right?

Redskins resume'
36-44 in the last 5 years (.450)
1 season in the last 9 years with double digit wins
0 division championships in the past 9 years
2 playoff appearances in 10 years
1 playoff win in 10 years

You wanna talk "humiliation, ineptitude and failure", look no further than Landover.



MAke fun of Phillips all you want but facts are facts:

Wade Phillips....lets see 3 years in Dallas:
33-15 regular season record (.686)
2 division championships in 3 years
2 playoff appearances in 3 years
1 playoff win in 3 years.

Lost in Divisonal round in each playoff year. Thats 1 game away from the confernce championship if I am not mistaken.

YOU WISH any Washington coach in the last decade had that on thier resume'.

Charlie Waters - 41 even met him once, got an autograph. Had dinner with Tony Dorsett.

Every team that does well has a certain number of bandwagoners. Like you for instance, you jumped on that Vikings bandwagon simply because of who they were playing. So whose bandwagon are you on this week? Saints? Jets?

(No one knows if the Redskins have bandwagon fans, like I said, "teams that do well".)


Well if a winning teams playoff loss in the divisional round takes your mind off of what your players, owner, a venerable BEVY of coaches, has done for the fan base for the past DECADE, well then I am happy for you.
Being a Redskin fan means you hate the Cowboys, Eagles and Giants. Most Cowboy fans I know dislike the Redskins, Eagles and Giants. That's the way it should be!
__________________
"HAIL TO THE SKINS"
hail_2_da_skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:08 PM   #232
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,391
Re: Vikings Run Up The Score: Brooking vs. Pat Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
Wow, you must be really starved for your fanhood. If your team cannot play well enough to satisfy your fandom that you have to take pleasure in a rival team losing a playoff game, then, I pity you.

Gotta ask, who do you root harder for? The Redskins when they play? Or any team playing the Cowboys? If your answer is the later, then your fanhood is in real question. As it would seem that you would take more pleasure in seeing a certain team lose, more than seeing the Redskins win.

And to even mention the words "humiliation, ineptitude and failure", your kidding right?

Redskins resume'
36-44 in the last 5 years (.450)
1 season in the last 9 years with double digit wins
0 division championships in the past 9 years
2 playoff appearances in 10 years
1 playoff win in 10 years

You wanna talk "humiliation, ineptitude and failure", look no further than Landover.



MAke fun of Phillips all you want but facts are facts:

Wade Phillips....lets see 3 years in Dallas:
33-15 regular season record (.686)
2 division championships in 3 years
2 playoff appearances in 3 years
1 playoff win in 3 years.

Lost in Divisonal round in each playoff year. Thats 1 game away from the confernce championship if I am not mistaken.

YOU WISH any Washington coach in the last decade had that on thier resume'.

Charlie Waters - 41 even met him once, got an autograph. Had dinner with Tony Dorsett.

Every team that does well has a certain number of bandwagoners. Like you for instance, you jumped on that Vikings bandwagon simply because of who they were playing. So whose bandwagon are you on this week? Saints? Jets?

(No one knows if the Redskins have bandwagon fans, like I said, "teams that do well".)


Well if a winning teams playoff loss in the divisional round takes your mind off of what your players, owner, a venerable BEVY of coaches, has done for the fan base for the past DECADE, well then I am happy for you.
Ya'll got your punk-asses kicked. That's all that matters. Make excuses, whine, talk about us, whatever...Minnesota made Dallas their bitch and I enjoyed the hell out of it.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:35 PM   #233
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,391
Re: Vikings Run Up The Score: Brooking vs. Pat Williams

I also like how people act like it's so undignified to bring up Belecheats personal life when we have a thread about Rinehart being drunk in public after his seasons over. Some of you guys are a real trip.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:49 PM   #234
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,453
Re: Vikings Run Up The Score: Brooking vs. Pat Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
I also like how people act like it's so undignified to bring up Belecheats personal life when we have a thread about Rinehart being drunk in public after his seasons over. Some of you guys are a real trip.
lol..so true.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:17 PM   #235
The Starter
 
dblanch66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 47
Posts: 1,176
Re: Vikings Run Up The Score: Brooking vs. Pat Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
Wow, you must be really starved for your fanhood. If your team cannot play well enough to satisfy your fandom that you have to take pleasure in a rival team losing a playoff game, then, I pity you.

Gotta ask, who do you root harder for? The Redskins when they play? Or any team playing the Cowboys? If your answer is the later, then your fanhood is in real question. As it would seem that you would take more pleasure in seeing a certain team lose, more than seeing the Redskins win.

And to even mention the words "humiliation, ineptitude and failure", your kidding right?

Redskins resume'
36-44 in the last 5 years (.450)
1 season in the last 9 years with double digit wins
0 division championships in the past 9 years
2 playoff appearances in 10 years
1 playoff win in 10 years

You wanna talk "humiliation, ineptitude and failure", look no further than Landover.



MAke fun of Phillips all you want but facts are facts:

Wade Phillips....lets see 3 years in Dallas:
33-15 regular season record (.686)
2 division championships in 3 years
2 playoff appearances in 3 years
1 playoff win in 3 years.

Lost in Divisonal round in each playoff year. Thats 1 game away from the confernce championship if I am not mistaken.

YOU WISH any Washington coach in the last decade had that on thier resume'.

Charlie Waters - 41 even met him once, got an autograph. Had dinner with Tony Dorsett.

Every team that does well has a certain number of bandwagoners. Like you for instance, you jumped on that Vikings bandwagon simply because of who they were playing. So whose bandwagon are you on this week? Saints? Jets?

(No one knows if the Redskins have bandwagon fans, like I said, "teams that do well".)


Well if a winning teams playoff loss in the divisional round takes your mind off of what your players, owner, a venerable BEVY of coaches, has done for the fan base for the past DECADE, well then I am happy for you.
congrats on being able to look up his number on the internet....and for being such a great Dallas fan by spending all your time on a Redskin forum. Suck the loss. Suck it hard.
__________________
The eyes are the groin of the head

Last edited by dblanch66; 01-19-2010 at 07:48 PM.
dblanch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:00 PM   #236
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,391
Re: Vikings Run Up The Score: Brooking vs. Pat Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblanch66 View Post
congrats on being able to look up his number on the internet....and for being such a great Dallas fan by spending all your time on a Redskin forum. Suck the loss. Suck it hard.
And choke on it. Like you usually do.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:30 PM   #237
The Starter
 
budw38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern,Va.
Posts: 2,362
Re: Vikings Run Up The Score: Brooking vs. Pat Williams

Guys ....... take it easy on the cowboys fans that come to the Warpath . What do you expect them to go the the cowboy fan sites ? The cowboy fan sites are calling for all of their fans to come together in a choke-a-thon to honor their beloved team , some have taken out their anger by mass choking of chickens ....
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:59 PM   #238
The Starter
 
sandtrapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,593
Re: Vikings Run Up The Score: Brooking vs. Pat Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblanch66 View Post
congrats on being able to look up his number on the internet....and for being such a great Dallas fan by spending all your time on a Redskin forum. Suck the loss. Suck it hard.
I come to Redskins forums when I need to laugh.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:08 PM   #239
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Vikings Run Up The Score: Brooking vs. Pat Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
I come to Redskins forums when I need to laugh.
You might as well be gone with jackassery like that. Enjoy our laughing this week and stop being a butthurt pussy about it.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:19 PM   #240
The Starter
 
dblanch66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 47
Posts: 1,176
Re: Vikings Run Up The Score: Brooking vs. Pat Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
I come to Redskins forums when I need to laugh.
You're like a white guy walking into Harlem, screaming the "N" word and wondering why you're getting your ass kicked. What a douche nugget.
__________________
The eyes are the groin of the head
dblanch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.40356 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25