Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Karlos Dansby anyone???? Interesting find...

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2010, 11:40 PM   #46
Special Teams
 
DIE-NASTY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: OCEAN PINES, MD
Posts: 121
Re: Karlos Dansby anyone???? Interesting find...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Not that I'm strongly advocating for Dansby but here's how you fill these gaps

OL: Draft Okung with the #4, and pick up a solid free agent at Guard (Kuper if he's unrestricted from Denver.

RB: Draft one in the 4th round (a la Tashard Choice), find two serviceable RBs from either our roster or free agency, run a three-headed RB monster.

QB: Keep Campbell, draft a 2nd rounder QB.

LB: That's a tough one, we may need to wait until the following year (if there's football). Dansby for the right price would help (keep in mind that we're in the post-Vinny era).

DB: You got me on that one, but then again we're not going to fill all of our areas of need just one year of draft and free agency.
I like your ideas.

As far as FA goes, I think we should be conservative meaning we shouldn't throw record contracts to every Tom, Dick and Harry. Agents foam at the mouth around this time of year because they know Danny will pony up top dollar without hesitation to sign a marquee talent. We've done this year after year and the formula hasn't worked.

I guess we're going to see what happens with the uncapped year, how Bruce handles the cap and the boss and see what Shannahan wants to do personnel-wise.
DIE-NASTY is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-22-2010, 12:07 PM   #47
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: close to the edge
Posts: 3,580
Re: Karlos Dansby anyone???? Interesting find...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Keep in mind that Vinny wanted to draft Jerod Mayo with our 21st pick, but the pats picked him so we traded for 2 second rounders getting fred davis, and devin thomas
the first time i heard vinny say he was targeting mayo was a year after the draft after mayo had won defensive rookie of the year. for whatver thats worth . . .

in the same interview i heard he said he didnt have any olineman rated as a 1st rounder and thats why he traded back from the 21st spot.

and he had thomas rated as a 1st round talent ala jacobs.
__________________
If anyone has tickets they cannot sell or use, please send me a PM if you would be willing to give them to me. Thank you.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:13 PM   #48
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,553
Re: Karlos Dansby anyone???? Interesting find...

Mayo was definitely on the radar, though even if the Pats didn't take him at 11 it seemed doubtful he would have stuck around until 21.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:23 PM   #49
The Starter
 
T.O.Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin, MD
Posts: 2,033
Re: Karlos Dansby anyone???? Interesting find...

As Redskins fans, we get so excited over the top free agents in the offseason. We all start ranting and raving, we should go after the big name, and normaly we get him. Then when he does not perform as billed, we start calling for Snyders head. With that said, I was thinking, if we signed Dansby to a long term deal and payed him some stupid amount of money to play up front and a reasonable amount after that, would that be salary cap safe? Such as pay him 40 million up front and four or five million a year after that. That would seem to me to work for future salry caps. Of course then we have another over payed player to rich to care about football.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:28 PM   #50
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,553
Re: Karlos Dansby anyone???? Interesting find...

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
As Redskins fans, we get so excited over the top free agents in the offseason. We all start ranting and raving, we should go after the big name, and normaly we get him. Then when he does not perform as billed, we start calling for Snyders head. With that said, I was thinking, if we signed Dansby to a long term deal and payed him some stupid amount of money to play up front and a reasonable amount after that, would that be salary cap safe? Such as pay him 40 million up front and four or five million a year after that. That would seem to me to work for future salry caps. Of course then we have another over payed player to rich to care about football.
I don't think teams will be allowed to front load deals like that
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:32 PM   #51
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: close to the edge
Posts: 3,580
Re: Karlos Dansby anyone???? Interesting find...

the 30% rule. in the uncapped 2010 year, you can only sign a guy for 30% more than he was making last year.

Collective Bargaining Agreement - Q & A - NFL - CBSSports.com Football
__________________
If anyone has tickets they cannot sell or use, please send me a PM if you would be willing to give them to me. Thank you.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 02:06 PM   #52
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Karlos Dansby anyone???? Interesting find...

Well, if we here on this thread my not really want Dasby, he apparently wants to be a redskin....

Dansby has a four-team wish list | ProFootballTalk.com

Last edited by CultBrennan59; 02-14-2010 at 05:53 PM.
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 02:34 PM   #53
Playmaker
 
skinsfan_nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newport News,Virginia
Age: 50
Posts: 4,495
Re: Karlos Dansby anyone???? Interesting find...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
We if we here on this thread my not really want Dasby, he apparently wants to be a redskin....

Dansby has a four-team wish list | ProFootballTalk.com
We if we ...huh. Try again.

Not so sure about Dansby, we have much greater needs. I'm sure he would like to come to play for the Redskins, he's thinking about a pay check.
__________________
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 03:32 PM   #54
The Starter
 
T.O.Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin, MD
Posts: 2,033
Re: Karlos Dansby anyone???? Interesting find...

Karlos would be exactly what we need to move to a 3-4 defense. He would be our strong side OLB and Orakpo and Fletcher would be ILB, and McIntosh would be weakside OLB. We could then trade for Carter for a third or forth round draft choice. We could then have a some comibation of Golston, Daniels, Montgomery, Alexander, and Jarmon at the DE and Haynesworth at NT. On passing downs you put Orakpo on the line and we have a monster front seven in my mind. This would make Haynesworth happy, i think, because he could rush the passer and Orakpo could rush the passer from all over. By the way, we can probably get rid of on or both of Daniels and Griffin.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 04:28 PM   #55
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,406
Re: Karlos Dansby anyone???? Interesting find...

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
Karlos would be exactly what we need to move to a 3-4 defense. He would be our strong side OLB and Orakpo and Fletcher would be ILB, and McIntosh would be weakside OLB. We could then trade for Carter for a third or forth round draft choice. We could then have a some comibation of Golston, Daniels, Montgomery, Alexander, and Jarmon at the DE and Haynesworth at NT. On passing downs you put Orakpo on the line and we have a monster front seven in my mind. This would make Haynesworth happy, i think, because he could rush the passer and Orakpo could rush the passer from all over. By the way, we can probably get rid of on or both of Daniels and Griffin.
I thought Orakpo would be best suited as a 3-4 OLB where he can rush the QB a la DeMarcus Ware/Terrell Suggs. And didn't Dansby played ILB for the Cardinals 3-4 defense?
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 04:37 PM   #56
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 28
Posts: 16,364
Re: Karlos Dansby anyone???? Interesting find...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...eam-wish-list/

Looks like Dansby would like to join the Skins.. I wonder if we will look at him? I think we should, our LB's are AVG at best besides Fletcher.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 05:09 PM   #57
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,736
Re: Karlos Dansby anyone???? Interesting find...

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
the first time i heard vinny say he was targeting mayo was a year after the draft after mayo had won defensive rookie of the year. for whatver thats worth . . .

in the same interview i heard he said he didnt have any olineman rated as a 1st rounder and thats why he traded back from the 21st spot.

and he had thomas rated as a 1st round talent ala jacobs.
I think it was through Redskin Insider but I knew on draft day that the Redskins were targeting Mayo and was subsequently bummed when the Patriots picked him. Good thing we got three pass catchers though.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 05:15 PM   #58
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: Karlos Dansby anyone???? Interesting find...

I could see the Giants looking hard at Dansby now with Pierce gone.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 06:41 PM   #59
The Starter
 
T.O.Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin, MD
Posts: 2,033
Re: Karlos Dansby anyone???? Interesting find...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I thought Orakpo would be best suited as a 3-4 OLB where he can rush the QB a la DeMarcus Ware/Terrell Suggs. And didn't Dansby played ILB for the Cardinals 3-4 defense?
I gues your right, I thought that he was an OLB. I feel like the Redskins need a good strongside LB to solidify the front seven.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 07:02 PM   #60
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Karlos Dansby anyone???? Interesting find...

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
I gues your right, I thought that he was an OLB. I feel like the Redskins need a good strongside LB to solidify the front seven.
Dansby would come in here and be a perfect fit for either defense, SLB in a 4-3. Or ILB for a 3-4. He's not that old too. If we stuck to a 4-3 than our LB's would be Dansby Fletcher McIntosh, with Orakpo at DE. If we got a 3-4 than our LB's would be Orakpo, Fletcher, Dansby, ????(draft pick, chris wilson, FA, or Rocky??)
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.34672 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25