Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Peyton Manning - - Interesting Insight

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2010, 11:44 PM   #16
Special Teams
 
SCRedskinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 394
Re: Peyton Manning - - Interesting Insight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethat001 View Post
They have the worst running game in the NFL. If everyone KNOWS you're going to pass, and STILL no one can stop you -- you've got to have a super-QB. The guy is simply amazing.

Has any other QB ever called all the offensive plays like Peyton does?
Well actually yes, all QB's used to call their own plays in the "good old days." Just guessing but the norm was that QB's called the game well into the '60s.
SCRedskinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-28-2010, 08:49 AM   #17
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,131
Re: Peyton Manning - - Interesting Insight

There's always gotta be one hater in the crowd.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:15 AM   #18
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,262
Re: Peyton Manning - - Interesting Insight

Funny, was discussing last week at work best QB ever...I said:
1.Peyton
2.Montana
3.Elway
4.Farve
5.Brady/Marino

I think Peyton, the way he analyzes defenses and basically runs/calls it on the field seals it for me. Never seen anything like it and it is amazing to watch...like last week the way he destroyed the Jets secondary the second half was brillant. I love Joe, he was my father's favorite and remember him in the playoffs being simply a cool customer, poise and clutch. I think you had to be tougher back then to play QB b/c of the hitting, but I think defense schemes are better and the league is stronger as a whole. I gotta give Peyton the edge, Montana a very close second.
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:31 AM   #19
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,509
Re: Peyton Manning - - Interesting Insight

We should trade Will Montgomery for Peyton Manning. Maybe get the Colts to throw in a draft choice to boot.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:38 AM   #20
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Peyton Manning - - Interesting Insight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
There's always gotta be one hater in the crowd.
I don't know if I'm that catagory? I like him and know he's an awsome QB and like what he does on the field. I love his comercials. But I'm just so damn sick of hearing the media playing into the Payton this and Payton that like there is no other players on the Colts team or that there is no other team in the SB.

It just seems like everytime the Colts make it to the play offs the story is all about Payton or the Manning family. Could we atleast have them ignore them one season and talk about Brees or the Saints? Especially since they have not made it ever?
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:10 PM   #21
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Peyton Manning - - Interesting Insight

Quote:
Originally Posted by rypper11 View Post
As I've said many times on here, Manning is a classless jerk. Only Peyton Manning can rub his ass on a woman and come out with a squeaky clean image. Why?
I guess he's just more proof that if you're a media darling you can do anything you want and still get the endorsements. And why is Tiger losing endorsements?

USATODAY.com - Trainer has backers in suit against Mannings
wow...this proves that no matter what, there is always someone hacking at the ankles of a celebrity.
Assuming the accusations are even correct, 1- it was from 2003 that the article was last updated, 2- the kid was in college 2a- don't tell me you didn't do dumb things in college. 3- He has not had incidents since. So the only thing this proves is when you point the finger, there are three pointing back at you.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:15 PM   #22
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Peyton Manning - - Interesting Insight

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
I don't know if I'm that catagory? I like him and know he's an awsome QB and like what he does on the field. I love his comercials. But I'm just so damn sick of hearing the media playing into the Payton this and Payton that like there is no other players on the Colts team or that there is no other team in the SB.

It just seems like everytime the Colts make it to the play offs the story is all about Payton or the Manning family. Could we atleast have them ignore them one season and talk about Brees or the Saints? Especially since they have not made it ever?
I'm sorry, I don't normally correct spelling, but you have appeared to have missed it several times. it's PEYTON, not PAYTON.

The media is hyping it the way anyone should hype one of the best QB's ever. He will be #1 when all is said and done. He is truly a sight to behold. We are watching history. We should recognize it and enjoy it cause these opportunities don't come around every day.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:18 PM   #23
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Peyton Manning - - Interesting Insight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Funny, was discussing last week at work best QB ever...I said:
1.Peyton
2.Montana
3.Elway
4.Farve
5.Brady/Marino
Very good list, but what about Steve Young? I think Young had it all, and he is ranked 1a- while Manning would be 1b. Elway wouldn't make my top 5, he was good, but he was overrated. Top 10 or so.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 02:35 PM   #24
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,262
Re: Peyton Manning - - Interesting Insight

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Very good list, but what about Steve Young? I think Young had it all, and he is ranked 1a- while Manning would be 1b. Elway wouldn't make my top 5, he was good, but he was overrated. Top 10 or so.
Yeah I liked Young alot (highest rated passer ranking all time), but he inherited such a great team and that franchise was run so well...I guess I feel like im more impressed by a QBs that came in and did it themselves, pulling the team together...he is mos def in the top ten and second thinking challenges my 5 spot with Brady/Marino. Elway, never really a fan of this guy, but was IMO incredible. The Superbowls, the arm strength, and the comeback victories are legendary...
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 11:37 PM   #25
Playmaker
 
sportscurmudgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,159
Re: Peyton Manning - - Interesting Insight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
We should trade Will Montgomery for Peyton Manning. Maybe get the Colts to throw in a draft choice to boot.
Lotus:

Only if the Skins can get Manning to renounce his current contract and sign for the vet minimum...
__________________
The Sports Curmudgeon
www.sportscurmudgeon.com
But don't get me wrong, I love sports...
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 12:08 PM   #26
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,509
Re: Peyton Manning - - Interesting Insight

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon View Post
Lotus:

Only if the Skins can get Manning to renounce his current contract and sign for the vet minimum...
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 12:57 PM   #27
Special Teams
 
Chevy13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 141
Re: Peyton Manning - - Interesting Insight

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
I'm sorry, I don't normally correct spelling, but you have appeared to have missed it several times. it's PEYTON, not PAYTON.

The media is hyping it the way anyone should hype one of the best QB's ever. He will be #1 when all is said and done. He is truly a sight to behold. We are watching history. We should recognize it and enjoy it cause these opportunities don't come around every day.
I agree, sometimes the media love for Favre gets annoying too but you talking about one of the best to play the game.
__________________
"I'm so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word I'm saying"
Chevy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 11:15 PM   #28
Camp Scrub
 
HugeMonkFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Butler, PA
Age: 32
Posts: 85
Re: Peyton Manning - - Interesting Insight

i dont care what the man does off the field cause on the field he is one of the best ever. i will be wearing my brees jersey come sunday tho. Im a redskins fan im always rooting for the underdog lol
HugeMonkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.26030 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25