Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Prospects for Shanahans offense/Hasletts 3-4 D

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2010, 01:33 PM   #76
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: Prospects for Shanahans offense/Hasletts 3-4 D

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I think that this guy would be great for not just Hasletts defense but Danny Smiths special teams.

YouTube - Cody Grimm Pursuit and Forced Fumble
Grimm is likely going to be a SS, the one position we might be a bit "deep" at. We just drafted a late round one of those a couple of years ago in Horton. If he goes undrafted I guess you can invite him to camp.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-11-2010, 02:14 PM   #77
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Prospects for Shanahans offense/Hasletts 3-4 D

antonio pierce was just cut by the Giants. If Vinny were still in charge, he'd be on his way to redskins park by now.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:18 PM   #78
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,881
Re: Prospects for Shanahans offense/Hasletts 3-4 D

So what's the advantage, if any to cutting players now, before the 5th of March. Or is it that there is no disadvantage, because people are confidently expecting an uncapped year?
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:35 PM   #79
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: Prospects for Shanahans offense/Hasletts 3-4 D

Oh wow.. Pierce should definitely gain some interest across the league, especially if he can pass the physical
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:41 PM   #80
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: Prospects for Shanahans offense/Hasletts 3-4 D

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
So what's the advantage, if any to cutting players now, before the 5th of March. Or is it that there is no disadvantage, because people are confidently expecting an uncapped year?
No clue if he'd be due something if kept past a point or if it was just to let him or them get a head start (easier to entice someone to sign with you if you know the spot is open, so they might have their eyes on someone).. doubt it had to do with FA otherwise since he still had a year left on his contract

after the season but before fa can an ufa that was cut be signed? I don't think so but not sure
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:12 PM   #81
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Prospects for Shanahans offense/Hasletts 3-4 D

I don't think there's any advantage to cutting the players now... i think its just a sign of respect and appreciation from the teams giving these veteran players plenty of time to find a new home before the market becomes more crowded when free agency starts.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:13 PM   #82
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Prospects for Shanahans offense/Hasletts 3-4 D

Terrance Cody

I'd rather us get this guy with our 2nd round pick than us getting an OLineman. Yes I know that sounds very very crazy and stupid but he is probably the best NT to come out since Jamaal Williams, and with Shanahan's draft record he can get good OLineman throughout the draft. Plus with most NT's like Wilfork and Hampton older and likely to stay with their teams either by being franchised or whatever, and the fact that we'll bring in some OLineman in FA as well, lets just get Terrence Cody please. The guy is 6-5 370 and is quick for a fat guy.
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:23 AM   #83
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,406
Re: Prospects for Shanahans offense/Hasletts 3-4 D

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Terrance Cody

I'd rather us get this guy with our 2nd round pick than us getting an OLineman. Yes I know that sounds very very crazy and stupid but he is probably the best NT to come out since Jamaal Williams, and with Shanahan's draft record he can get good OLineman throughout the draft. Plus with most NT's like Wilfork and Hampton older and likely to stay with their teams either by being franchised or whatever, and the fact that we'll bring in some OLineman in FA as well, lets just get Terrence Cody please. The guy is 6-5 370 and is quick for a fat guy.
Dude, did you not see the HORRIBLE semblance of an offensive line that played for our team last season? First you want to fanatically draft a QB with the first round and now you want us to use a second rounder on a defensive lineman??? Are you Vinny Cerrato in disguise? Next you're going to say that we need to draft all WRs with the next picks.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:32 AM   #84
The Starter
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,596
Re: Prospects for Shanahans offense/Hasletts 3-4 D

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
I don't think there's any advantage to cutting the players now... i think its just a sign of respect and appreciation from the teams giving these veteran players plenty of time to find a new home before the market becomes more crowded when free agency starts.
Here's what I don't understand; how are the teams able to release some players while Dolphins couldn't release Porter until after March 5th? Can someone please clarify this for me..
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:33 AM   #85
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Prospects for Shanahans offense/Hasletts 3-4 D

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Here's what I don't understand; how are the teams able to release some players while Dolphins couldn't release Porter until after March 5th? Can someone please clarify this for me..
Releasing Porter now violated the salary cap for the Dolphins. The salary cap ceases to exist on March 5th.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:13 AM   #86
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: Prospects for Shanahans offense/Hasletts 3-4 D

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Terrance Cody

I'd rather us get this guy with our 2nd round pick than us getting an OLineman. Yes I know that sounds very very crazy and stupid but he is probably the best NT to come out since Jamaal Williams, and with Shanahan's draft record he can get good OLineman throughout the draft. Plus with most NT's like Wilfork and Hampton older and likely to stay with their teams either by being franchised or whatever, and the fact that we'll bring in some OLineman in FA as well, lets just get Terrence Cody please. The guy is 6-5 370 and is quick for a fat guy.
Unless he shows up strong for the combine and pro days it's likely he'll be there where we pick. You've got to wonder about his dedication though, you'd think he might have showed up in better shape for the Senior Bowl. Hopefully he's got trainers busting his ass before he shows up at 400 later this month.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:21 AM   #87
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Prospects for Shanahans offense/Hasletts 3-4 D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Dude, did you not see the HORRIBLE semblance of an offensive line that played for our team last season? First you want to fanatically draft a QB with the first round and now you want us to use a second rounder on a defensive lineman??? Are you Vinny Cerrato in disguise? Next you're going to say that we need to draft all WRs with the next picks.
yes, but I also see a great head coach we have named mike shanahan who drafts nobodys(except clady) to play on his OL and succeed. Hell, some of the guys he picked up were undrafted FA's.

Also tell me the last time a great NT came out of the draft??? This guy IS the guy that you want at the NT position. If lots of scouts and analysts guaranteed you, that a prospect is going to be the next Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Peyton Manning, etc. but you had more pressing needs at other positions, you would stop and draft that guy. Atleast I would, especially if I'm picking 4th overall all in the draft, you really don't have much to lose in terms of getting to the super bowl, your not going to fix this team in one offseason.

Also don't think one bit that we are going to build this entire OL with just the draft. NO,no, no no no! We will bring in atleast 2 or 3 guys through FA and maybe one through a trade. Then we'll draft atleast 2 OLineman.

and no I am not vinny cerratto or else I'd be a very rich heckeling man.(insert stupid uh he he vinny laugh here)

And no, I don't want all WR's next after we got my Franchise QB Bradford, then Cody, I'd be getting Matt Tennant the Center from BC, then after that I'd be getting Jason Fox the OT from Miami, and then I'd be getting either another OLineman, or a 3-4 OLB, or a FS. I'd also bring in Daniel Porter the RB from LaTech once he goes undrafted and I'd bring in Cody Grimm the OLB/S from VT aswell assuming he also goes undrafted.
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:31 AM   #88
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,406
Re: Prospects for Shanahans offense/Hasletts 3-4 D

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
yes, but I also see a great head coach we have named mike shanahan who drafts nobodys(except clady) to play on his OL and succeed. Hell, some of the guys he picked up were undrafted FA's.
We also had a great line coached named Bugel that was good at that, and in the end that didn't turn out so well. You can only do so much with nobodys, but every now and then you need to draft a talented lineman to anchor your line.

Once again, I don't know how people can see the play of our offensive last season, losing Samuels to retirement, possibly losing Thomas (or having him with an injury waiting to happen), and having a whole bunch of guys that have no business starting in an offensive line and say, "Yup, we can rebuild this with a whole bunch of nobodys. Screw picking a first OR second round lineman."
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:19 AM   #89
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,400
Re: Prospects for Shanahans offense/Hasletts 3-4 D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
We also had a great line coached named Bugel that was good at that, and in the end that didn't turn out so well. You can only do so much with nobodys, but every now and then you need to draft a talented lineman to anchor your line.

Once again, I don't know how people can see the play of our offensive last season, losing Samuels to retirement, possibly losing Thomas (or having him with an injury waiting to happen), and having a whole bunch of guys that have no business starting in an offensive line and say, "Yup, we can rebuild this with a whole bunch of nobodys. Screw picking a first OR second round lineman."
Crazy ain't it? That's pretty much what we've been doing the last few years.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:52 AM   #90
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: Prospects for Shanahans offense/Hasletts 3-4 D

Not being well-known does not equate to sucking. Fellows like Reed Doughty or Lorenzo Alexander give off similar impressions to non-Redskins fans but he still can play. Then there's those Panthers backups who were able to handle the Giants' O-line while we got torched like as if they haven't tapered off since 2008.

RT and RG were manned by a bunch of scrubs and D'Anthony Batiste shouldn't have even been in the league.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32738 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25