Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Congratulations to Gregg Williams

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 08:25 PM   #31
The Starter
 
redsk1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,351
Re: Congratulations to Gregg Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I'm not sure you're addressing me, but I never said he doesn't deserve another shot
No, not specifically, just a "you" in general. No biggie.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-09-2010, 10:54 PM   #32
The Starter
 
dgack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The ATX (formerly Balmer)
Posts: 1,125
Re: Congratulations to Gregg Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
i have a different respect for people who put on the burgundy and gold if you had read the whole post you might have realized that, as far as a coach who did a pretty good job as a d cordinator here i honestly don't care. he never won us anything and he had a ton of talent that other teams aren't so lucky to have. i'm not saying he waasn't a good coach but honestly i could care less that he now has a ring
I wonder how many head coaches who ended up winning the big one would be ruled out by this kind of philosophy? Certainly Belichick would be a few Lombardi's lighter if everyone judged him based on his record at Cleveland.
__________________
"To bring a Sherm Lewis in to a Jim Zorn and whoever his offensive coordinator is, it's like bringing in another man to help teach you how to make better love to your wife or something." -- Tre Johnson
dgack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:42 PM   #33
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,221
Re: Congratulations to Gregg Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgack View Post
I wonder how many head coaches who ended up winning the big one would be ruled out by this kind of philosophy? Certainly Belichick would be a few Lombardi's lighter if everyone judged him based on his record at Cleveland.
don't get me wrong i'm not discounting him as a coach or what he has done it is a great accomplishment to be a d cordinator and win a super bowl, he has had alot of success and i'm sure the best is ahead of him, i would have loved him to stay here in dc as the head coach but he didn't. we have moved on and that fact the he won a super bowl ring has no real effect on me in any way.

if it was aplayer however who was a big part of this organization then i would have different fellings about it for example chris samuels or london fletcher
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:08 AM   #34
The Starter
 
Skinny Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Redskins Nation
Posts: 1,715
Re: Congratulations to Gregg Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
don't get me wrong i'm not discounting him as a coach or what he has done it is a great accomplishment to be a d cordinator and win a super bowl, he has had alot of success and i'm sure the best is ahead of him, i would have loved him to stay here in dc as the head coach but he didn't. we have moved on and that fact the he won a super bowl ring has no real effect on me in any way.

if it was aplayer however who was a big part of this organization then i would have different fellings about it for example chris samuels or london fletcher
Are you aware that the only reason that Fletcher is a Redskin is because of Williams? He played MLB for him in Buffalo and then came to DC when he was a free agent based on Williams being the D-Coordinator here.

The very guy you esteem wouldn't even being suiting up in a Skins uniform on Sundays if it wasn't for Williams.

I bet you Fletch wishes he could have followed him to New Orleans when Williams left.
__________________
Redskinsly,
_________Skinny Tee_________
Skinny Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:19 AM   #35
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,221
Re: Congratulations to Gregg Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
Are you aware that the only reason that Fletcher is a Redskin is because of Williams? He played MLB for him in Buffalo and then came to DC when he was a free agent based on Williams being the D-Coordinator here.

The very guy you esteem wouldn't even being suiting up in a Skins uniform on Sundays if it wasn't for Williams.

I bet you Fletch wishes he could have followed him to New Orleans.
again you bring up the same issue, i have a different respect for anyone who wears the burgundy and gold, while you say williams was a big part of flecther coming here so was vinny cerrato and dan snyder.

again he is a really good d cordinator, but i'm not gonna praise for him winnning a super bowl when he is not a redskins coach, it really doesnh't effect me either way
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:44 AM   #36
The Starter
 
Skinny Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Redskins Nation
Posts: 1,715
Re: Congratulations to Gregg Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
again you bring up the same issue, i have a different respect for anyone who wears the burgundy and gold, while you say williams was a big part of flecther coming here so was vinny cerrato and dan snyder.

again he is a really good d cordinator, but i'm not gonna praise for him winnning a super bowl when he is not a redskins coach, it really doesnh't effect me either way
Snyderrato had about 0% influence on Fletch becoming a Redskin. He came in here in '07 with the impression that Williams was going to be here longer, in whatever facet, than what he ended up being.

Don't all members of a team receive a ring when they become champions? There is not much of a difference if they wear burgundy, gold or any other color. If you receive a paycheck with the signed name of Dan Snyder on it, then you are apart of the 'burgundy & gold'.
__________________
Redskinsly,
_________Skinny Tee_________
Skinny Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:01 AM   #37
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Congratulations to Gregg Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
Are you aware that the only reason that Fletcher is a Redskin is because of Williams? He played MLB for him in Buffalo and then came to DC when he was a free agent based on Williams being the D-Coordinator here.

The very guy you esteem wouldn't even being suiting up in a Skins uniform on Sundays if it wasn't for Williams.

I bet you Fletch wishes he could have followed him to New Orleans when Williams left.
Oh man w/o a doubt. I think London's contract was an obstacle as well NO having a pretty solid group of LBs. I was surprised Marcus Washington didn't get signed there as a cheap backup. Supposedly he spent an entire off-season rehabbing and working w/ a specialist to extend his career. I guess it just wasn't meant to be.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:24 AM   #38
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,221
Re: Congratulations to Gregg Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
Snyderrato had about 0% influence on Fletch becoming a Redskin. He came in here in '07 with the impression that Williams was going to be here longer, in whatever facet, than what he ended up being.

Don't all members of a team receive a ring when they become champions? There is not much of a difference if they wear burgundy, gold or any other color. If you receive a paycheck with the signed name of Dan Snyder on it, then you are apart of the 'burgundy & gold'.
if you honestly think that then i really dont know what to tell you owners and gm's (he didn't have the "title" at the time) have anything to do with players signing to a team then you really don't know how an nfl team is run

i guess i have a different understanding of the game of football than you but i put coaches and players in a different grouping and when i say to wear the burgundy and gold i don't mean a visor, i mean a uinform with pads and a helmet, yeah alot of guys get checks and get rings, but does a trainers ring mean as much as a players ring i think not
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:33 AM   #39
The Starter
 
Skinny Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Redskins Nation
Posts: 1,715
Re: Congratulations to Gregg Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
if you honestly think that then i really dont know what to tell you owners and gm's (he didn't have the "title" at the time) have anything to do with players signing to a team then you really don't know how an nfl team is run

i guess i have a different understanding of the game of football than you but i put coaches and players in a different grouping and when i say to wear the burgundy and gold i don't mean a visor, i mean a uinform with pads and a helmet, yeah alot of guys get checks and get rings, but does a trainers ring mean as much as a players ring i think not
So Joe Gibbs can go screw right? Or do you have a separate respect for Monk than you do Gibbs.

Gibbs never put on the burgundy and gold so he's not as deserving of the 3 Super Bowls as the players are...yeah right...that thinking is fundamentally flawed.

Simple point is that Snyderatto or not, Fletch is never a Redskin in 2007 if Gregg Williams is not apart of the Redskins organization. That to me is 100% influence. I'd even go as far as saying that he wouldn't have been a Redskin if he miraculously knew beforehand that Williams would be let go that season.
__________________
Redskinsly,
_________Skinny Tee_________
Skinny Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:57 AM   #40
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,221
Re: Congratulations to Gregg Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
So Joe Gibbs can go screw right? Or do you have a separate respect for Monk than you do Gibbs.
Gibbs never put on the burgundy and gold so he's not as deserving of the 3 Super Bowls as the players are...yeah right...that thinking is fundamentally flawed.

Simple point is that Snyderatto or not, Fletch is never a Redskin in 2007 if Gregg Williams is not apart of the Redskins organization. That to me is 100% influence. I'd even go as far as saying that he wouldn't have been a Redskin if he miraculously knew beforehand that Williams would be let go that season.
you got me all wrong from jump street, check it back from my first post, you keep taking one line from each post and trying to twist it. my whole thing is this, if a coach takes us to the promised land or even takes us to a playoff win then that is great and they are a great redksins coach imo, if they don't win a championship and have never worn a redksins uniform and they then move on and win somewhere else i could honetsly care less. unless it is a player who gave us his all, because i consider players and coaches two different breeds and if you don't i really don't know what to tell you because caoching and playing couldn't be more of polar opposites, but thats just my opinion keep spining it however you like
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:13 AM   #41
The Starter
 
Skinny Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Redskins Nation
Posts: 1,715
Re: Congratulations to Gregg Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
you got me all wrong from jump street, check it back from my first post, you keep taking one line from each post and trying to twist it. my whole thing is this, if a coach takes us to the promised land or even takes us to a playoff win then that is great and they are a great redksins coach imo, if they don't win a championship and have never worn a redksins uniform and they then move on and win somewhere else i could honetsly care less. unless it is a player who gave us his all, because i consider players and coaches two different breeds and if you don't i really don't know what to tell you because caoching and playing couldn't be more of polar opposites, but thats just my opinion keep spining it however you like
Coaching or playing are both aspects that make up a team. You're trying to delineate which is the more manly or heroic to perform. Yes, I'm aware that players have more glory than some guy in a parka and a headset.

Players I'm sure possess all the machismo & bravado that you desire in a big budget action flick but when it comes down to it they all make the same contributions to a grander scheme.


Football games aren't won by just by single players, as exhibited by Manning's costly 4th quarter interception. They are won by teams playing together as a unit under the guide of a group of leaders, players or coaches.

I understand what you're saying, it just doesn't make sense. Just say you don't care about anyone who leaves the Skins and be done with it.
__________________
Redskinsly,
_________Skinny Tee_________
Skinny Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:42 AM   #42
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,221
Re: Congratulations to Gregg Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
Coaching or playing are both aspects that make up a team. You're trying to delineate which is the more manly or heroic to perform. Yes, I'm aware that players have more glory than some guy in a parka and a headset.

Players I'm sure possess all the machismo & bravado that you desire in a big budget action flick but when it comes down to it they all make the same contributions to a grander scheme.


Football games aren't won by just by single players, as exhibited by Manning's costly 4th quarter interception. They are won by teams playing together as a unit under the guide of a group of leaders, players or coaches.

I understand what you're saying, it just doesn't make sense. Just say you don't care about anyone who leaves the Skins and be done with it.
i will not, if we win it's one thing but to have players like samules go through coach after coach without wining shit, just to keep coming back year after year that is a whole different situation. to say i don't care about anyone who leaves the skins is a dumb statment. there are alot of guys a have a shitload of respect for, on the other hand i could give two shits about norv turner and the chargers winning a super bowl screw him.

and yes i am " trying to delineate which is the more manly or heroic to perform." because imo they players lay a lot more on the line

just say you are a fan boy of gregg williams and be done with it
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:31 AM   #43
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,962
Re: Congratulations to Gregg Williams

What a ridiculous argument that's ensued here.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:10 AM   #44
The Starter
 
Skinny Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Redskins Nation
Posts: 1,715
Re: Congratulations to Gregg Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
What a ridiculous argument that's ensued here.
Thanks for sharing that insight.
__________________
Redskinsly,
_________Skinny Tee_________
Skinny Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:29 AM   #45
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,962
Re: Congratulations to Gregg Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
Thanks for sharing that insight.
Anytime
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.42449 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25