Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


ESPN: Clayton Expects Skins to Tender Campbell for a 1st and 3rd

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2010, 12:30 AM   #16
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,397
Re: ESPN: Clayton Expects Skins to Tender Campbell for a 1st and 3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
we would never get a 1st and 3rd for him, tender him for something we would get for him like a 3rd or 4th
Yeah, because you'd be the one that would let the top QB FA (given the crop of FA QBs out there) walk away for just a 3rd or 4th rounder.

If they do tender him that high it is obvious that they want to keep him or get a good compensation if they part ways with him. No one would be dumb enough to let him walk for such low price. Good thing you're not in charge of anything Mr. Cowboy fan.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-17-2010, 12:31 AM   #17
Playmaker
 
WaldSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Age: 31
Posts: 2,726
Re: ESPN: Clayton Expects Skins to Tender Campbell for a 1st and 3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
So do you have a link on this? Or is this just speculation?



He didn't say backup QB, he said franchise QB.
Well then your not talking about Campbell either then.
__________________
"I would change that around, Jesus isn't Cutler. I guarantee you Jesus couldnt thread the ball like Jay does."-Monksdown
WaldSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:32 AM   #18
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,397
Re: ESPN: Clayton Expects Skins to Tender Campbell for a 1st and 3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldSkins View Post
Well then your not talking about Campbell either then.
I wasn't, someone was talking about drafting a franchise QB.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:50 AM   #19
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: ESPN: Clayton Expects Skins to Tender Campbell for a 1st and 3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Yeah, because you'd be the one that would let the top QB FA (given the crop of FA QBs out there) walk away for just a 3rd or 4th rounder.

If they do tender him that high it is obvious that they want to keep him or get a good compensation if they part ways with him. No one would be dumb enough to let him walk for such low price. Good thing you're not in charge of anything Mr. Cowboy fan.
We're better off without him, and we'd be lucky even if we could get a 3rd or 4th round pick for him.

Again your very immature for your age with the whole Cowboy thing.
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:58 AM   #20
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,397
Re: ESPN: Clayton Expects Skins to Tender Campbell for a 1st and 3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
We're better off without him, and we'd be lucky even if we could get a 3rd or 4th round pick for him.

Again your very immature for your age with the whole Cowboy thing.
Why are we better off without him, because you don't like him?

Regardless of what you think of a player, you don't want to give away any player without appropriate compensation. This is the part where your obvious anti-Campbell bias is shown when you are willing to part ways with him for a 4th rounder. You're one of those fans that hates Campbell so much that you want to get rid of him no matter what.

If they do tender Campbell for a 1st and 3rd, it is obvious that the team wants to keep him or they want to make sure that they get very good compensation for him. The funny thing is that you want to get rid of Campbell for a 4th rounder, yet getting a first or second for him would pretty much guaranteed that we draft your mancrush Bradford.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:20 AM   #21
Impact Rookie
 
tootergray34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 681
Re: ESPN: Clayton Expects Skins to Tender Campbell for a 1st and 3rd

fuck that if we draft a QB i want him thrown in the fire a la sanchez...worket out pretty well for the JETS.
tootergray34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:23 AM   #22
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,397
Re: ESPN: Clayton Expects Skins to Tender Campbell for a 1st and 3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootergray34 View Post
fuck that if we draft a QB i want him thrown in the fire a la sanchez...worket out pretty well for the JETS.
Yeah, because the Jets have an offensive line that would make me look good as a QB. If Shanny can build the line, anything can happen. Two first round picks would allow us to get Bradford and a first-round tackle.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:28 AM   #23
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: ESPN: Clayton Expects Skins to Tender Campbell for a 1st and 3rd

I doubt Jason has any trade value. The tender is irrelevant so they might as well make it for a trillion $ and a toilet made of solid gold. He'll either be cut if Shanny & Co find a true starter or he'll just compete for a spot on the team.

Realistically he's a Redskin for another year; however, it's not realistic to expect him to start all season. When Jason gets out of rhythm he's totally ineffective, struggling even to complete the basic stuff. Shanny will bench him in a heartbeat.

The more I think about Jason's future it's actually easy to see him out of the league not too long from now. One thing we know is he thinks he's far better than he really is...always asserting he is unquestionably a starter in this league. We also know most, if not all, franchises do not see him as a starter. If he's unwilling to meet his likely destiny on the bench somewhere I can see him just calling it good.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:32 AM   #24
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,732
Re: ESPN: Clayton Expects Skins to Tender Campbell for a 1st and 3rd

Sanchez wasn't that good this year. They basically got into the playoffs with their defense and top teir running game, not to mention playing two teams that rested starters then playing two teams that couldn't kick if their life depended on it. Lucky is the word that comes to mind when I think of the Jets this year and I find it very difficult to imagine them being a playoff team next year unless Sanchez takes the next step in his development. A feat that he's certainly capable of achieving. This isn't Matt "am I sober yet" Leinart.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:34 AM   #25
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,732
Re: ESPN: Clayton Expects Skins to Tender Campbell for a 1st and 3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Realistically he's a Redskin for another year; however, it's not realistic to expect him to start all season. When Jason gets out of rhythm he's totally ineffective, struggling even to complete the basic stuff. Shanny will bench him in a heartbeat.
Usually I would disagree with you but Shanahan did bench Plummer in favor of Cutler when the Bronco's were still vying for a playoff spot. Then again Plummer regressed pretty strongly that year.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:19 AM   #26
Camp Scrub
 
redskins202's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 51
Re: ESPN: Clayton Expects Skins to Tender Campbell for a 1st and 3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Quote:
Why are we better off without him, because you don't like him?


Regardless of what you think of a player, you don't want to give away any player without appropriate compensation. This is the part where your obvious anti-Campbell bias is shown when you are willing to part ways with him for a 4th rounder. You're one of those fans that hates Campbell so much that you want to get rid of him no matter what.

If they do tender Campbell for a 1st and 3rd,
Quote:
it is obvious that the team wants to keep him
or they want to make sure that they get very good compensation for him.
Quote:
The funny thing is that you want to get rid of Campbell for a 4th rounder, yet getting a first or second for him would pretty much guaranteed that we draft your mancrush Bradford.

1: You haven't seen the 08-09 Jason Candle have you?.

2: It doesn't mean we want to keep him it means we are shopping to see what we can get for him. Honestly this is 70% chance Candle will not be back.

3: You would let Jason Candle come back and end up leaving than to get a 4th round pick which could help us pick up a Tackle or G or what ever?.

4: It wouldn't mean nothing we will regardless get a QB with more picks.


I mean I'm still shocked your saying we aren't better off with him. Do you believe Joe Montana-Steve Young- Bret Favre wouldnt give us a better record than 4-12?
redskins202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:23 AM   #27
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,961
Re: ESPN: Clayton Expects Skins to Tender Campbell for a 1st and 3rd

Campbell. It's Jason Campbell
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:24 AM   #28
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,732
Re: ESPN: Clayton Expects Skins to Tender Campbell for a 1st and 3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskins202 View Post
1: You haven't seen the 08-09 Jason Candle have you?.

2: It doesn't mean we want to keep him it means we are shopping to see what we can get for him. Honestly this is 70% chance Candle will not be back.

3: You would let Jason Candle come back and end up leaving than to get a 4th round pick which could help us pick up a Tackle or G or what ever?.

4: It wouldn't mean nothing we will regardless get a QB with more picks.


I mean I'm still shocked your saying we aren't better off with him. Do you believe Joe Montana-Steve Young- Bret Favre wouldnt give us a better record than 4-12?
Why do you keep calling him Jason Candle? And whats this about a 70% chance? Doesn't seem likely with Shanahan's praise of him so far. Sure maybe he's trying to bump up the trade value but Occam's razor dictates that it's more then likely that he wants to give JC a fair shake.

Campbell might not be a world beater but he's not nearly as bad as you make him out to be.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:37 AM   #29
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,397
Re: ESPN: Clayton Expects Skins to Tender Campbell for a 1st and 3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskins202 View Post
1: You haven't seen the 08-09 Jason Candle have you?.

2: It doesn't mean we want to keep him it means we are shopping to see what we can get for him. Honestly this is 70% chance Candle will not be back.

3: You would let Jason Candle come back and end up leaving than to get a 4th round pick which could help us pick up a Tackle or G or what ever?.

4: It wouldn't mean nothing we will regardless get a QB with more picks.


I mean I'm still shocked your saying we aren't better off with him. Do you believe Joe Montana-Steve Young- Bret Favre wouldnt give us a better record than 4-12?
I saw Campbell in 2009, but I also saw our offensive line's horrible play as well. I know we need a QB of the future, but as I said, I would rather us build the offensive line first and then pick that QB of the future. Best case scenario, would be to do both.

Regardless of what any fan thinks of Campbell, there are pundits out there (and not ordinary fans like you and I) who feel that Campbell is the top FA QB this offseason and has value. ESPN's Matt Williamson recently said that if the price is right, the Redskins should consider getting pick(s) for Campbell.

As I said, I know Campbell didn't play well, but I'm not as simple minded as some fans to think that he is the only reason we went 4-12. This team needs a franchise left tackle, needs a starting-caliber right tackle, possibly a new center and right guard, a new running game, and a QB of the future. All these things may not be addressed this offseason, but all of these problems are not going to be solved by getting rid of Campbell just for the hell of it. Now extra high picks would help a lot, and for once I want our team to be on the winning end of a lopsided trade and finagle a trade where we get a 1st or 2nd for Campbell.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:38 AM   #30
Camp Scrub
 
redskins202's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 51
Re: ESPN: Clayton Expects Skins to Tender Campbell for a 1st and 3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Quote:
Why do you keep calling him Jason Candle
? And whats this about a 70% chance? Doesn't seem likely with Shanahan's praise of him so far. Sure maybe he's trying to bump up the trade value but Occam's razor dictates that it's more then likely that he wants to give JC a fair shake.

Quote:
Campbell might not be a world beater but he's not nearly as bad as you make him out to be
.
He's AVG............and come on...did you see his pick 6 against the Giants game?. How does he mis-throw a pass for a pick 6???does any body else make an mistake like that?.


^^^Candle. And its 70% chance because.

1: Bills-Rams-Vikes-Cards-Jags-Oak- all could use a QB who thinls can be good so look for one of them to atleast offer a 3rd.

2: If we go Bradford look for Campbell to not come back.

70% in my view. 0% unless Candle thinks he can perform for us as just a back up than yea sure.
redskins202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30626 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25