Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Samuels Will Hold Noon Press Conference on Thursday to Announce Retirement

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2010, 03:54 PM   #91
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,993
Re: Samuels Will Hold Noon Press Conference on Thursday to Announce Retirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I would love to see Moss get phased out of the #1 WR job, that would mean Thomas and/or Kelly are stepping up. While we're on the topic of a trash WR I'm really hoping to see ARE finally get the boot. His time has come.
I'm on board with whatever the team decides to do with Randle El's contract option coming up this year. I just struggle to understand why some fans have been trying to kick Randle El to the curb for three years when he's been consistently more valuable year in and year out than Moss.

I am totally okay with moving on from the both of them and having Thomas-Kelly-Mitchell go 1-2-3 on the depth chart. Makes perfect sense to me if the team wants to do that. What doesn't make sense to me is moving Randle El out so we can put Moss in the very role that Randle El has done to near perfection for the last three years.

I haven't exactly come around on Thomas yet, but I can see his value to the team when combined with Kelly and Mitchell. He's the best ball-carrier of the three, no idea what that is worth.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-04-2010, 03:58 PM   #92
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: Samuels Will Hold Noon Press Conference on Thursday to Announce Retirement

Now GTripp dogging Moss even though Campbell has had his fair share blame for missing Moss time and time again with his lousy accuracy. Puh-lease, Moss may not be as good as Eddie Royal, but he would still be productive if he was surrounded by crap(including a bad coach).
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 03:59 PM   #93
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,752
Re: Samuels Will Hold Noon Press Conference on Thursday to Announce Retirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
Now GTripp dogging Moss even though Campbell has had his fair share blame for missing Moss time and time again with his lousy accuracy. Puh-lease, Moss may not be as good as Eddie Royal, but he would still be productive if he was surrounded by crap(including a bad coach).
Moss dropped a lot of balls and seems to either disappear or have slow starts during the season. He always was our "#1" receiver, but in reality he wasn't.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:01 PM   #94
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,993
Re: Samuels Will Hold Noon Press Conference on Thursday to Announce Retirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
Now GTripp dogging Moss even though Campbell has had his fair share blame for missing Moss time and time again with his lousy accuracy. Puh-lease, Moss may not be as good as Eddie Royal, but he would still be productive if he was surrounded by crap(including a bad coach).
And Hank Stram could still be coaching if he was still alive.

But he's not.

And Moss isn't productive, and that's not Campbell's fault. It's not like Moss would be productive if Campbell had hit him instead of overthrown him the two times he did this year. He had 120 targets this year.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:01 PM   #95
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: Samuels Will Hold Noon Press Conference on Thursday to Announce Retirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
I'm on board with whatever the team decides to do with Randle El's contract option coming up this year. I just struggle to understand why some fans have been trying to kick Randle El to the curb for three years when he's been consistently more valuable year in and year out than Moss.

I am totally okay with moving on from the both of them and having Thomas-Kelly-Mitchell go 1-2-3 on the depth chart. Makes perfect sense to me if the team wants to do that. What doesn't make sense to me is moving Randle El out so we can put Moss in the very role that Randle El has done to near perfection for the last three years.

I haven't exactly come around on Thomas yet, but I can see his value to the team when combined with Kelly and Mitchell. He's the best ball-carrier of the three, no idea what that is worth.
Oh, like he's utterly worthless at special teams, also can get a case of the dropsies, and is not a deep threat?
Definitely expendable.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 05:03 PM   #96
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Samuels Will Hold Noon Press Conference on Thursday to Announce Retirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
He says he wants to coach next, wonder if we can make room for him?
I was hoping he'd say that, thought that it would've come out before now though so I wasn't holding my breath.

Speaking of.. whatever happened with Thrash? We heard after the cut/retirement he was out there in warmup gear like an assistant, then never heard about him again?
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 05:07 PM   #97
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Samuels Will Hold Noon Press Conference on Thursday to Announce Retirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
If he had retired at 28, it would have been similar to Samuels retiring now at 32. Since 2007, he's been a negative effect on the offense (exception to a 5 game stretch in 2008). I do not believe that any amount of Shanahan magic is going to make Moss a valuable player like he was in 2004 and (particularly) 2005.

Most players are like Moss in that they keep playing until they just don't have the desire to play anymore. Maybe Samuels would have been like this if he had the option to play longer. But in his ten year career, he was still our best lineman when he went out, and that's pretty special.
Who's the last good receiver to go out on top that wasn't injured?
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 05:19 PM   #98
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Samuels Will Hold Noon Press Conference on Thursday to Announce Retirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Moss has never been a big TD producer even in his prime, and it's not like JC is a TD tossing machine either.
Not many passes coming from that Jumbo formation lol
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:04 PM   #99
The Starter
 
CrustyRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: RatherbeinDC, TX
Posts: 2,418
Chris Samuels; Thanks

Thanks for a great career, and being a true Redskin. Great press confrence, i hate Dallas too.


Re-tread thread, but the other one has turned BS.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:11 PM   #100
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Samuels Will Hold Noon Press Conference on Thursday to Announce Retirement

Oh yes, loved the parting shot at Dallas!
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:00 PM   #101
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,993
Re: Samuels Will Hold Noon Press Conference on Thursday to Announce Retirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
Who's the last good receiver to go out on top that wasn't injured?
Jimmy Smith, maybe?

Most players don't go out on top, which is what makes Samuels' decision notable.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:05 PM   #102
Playmaker
 
skinsfan_nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newport News,Virginia
Age: 49
Posts: 4,495
Re: Samuels Will Hold Noon Press Conference on Thursday to Announce Retirement

Hes been a great one. I can only hope we get a replacement that will fill those big shoes ASAP! Like tonight ....OR Draft day!


Good luck Chris a true class act! Enjoy your new life and hopefully a solid and fun time coaching.
__________________
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:54 PM   #103
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,600
Re: Samuels Will Hold Noon Press Conference on Thursday to Announce Retirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
I was hoping he'd say that, thought that it would've come out before now though so I wasn't holding my breath.

Speaking of.. whatever happened with Thrash? We heard after the cut/retirement he was out there in warmup gear like an assistant, then never heard about him again?
Unless something changed in the past couple of months he's with the organization. I forget the exact title. Director of Player Development I think. Basically he helps young players transition to life as an NFL player. Mainly all the things they have to deal with off the field
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:43 PM   #104
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Samuels Will Hold Noon Press Conference on Thursday to Announce Retirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Jimmy Smith, maybe?

Most players don't go out on top, which is what makes Samuels' decision notable.
Yep; especially with the egos of the skill players. Doesn't hurt to still get a few mil a year too.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:43 PM   #105
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Samuels Will Hold Noon Press Conference on Thursday to Announce Retirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Unless something changed in the past couple of months he's with the organization. I forget the exact title. Director of Player Development I think. Basically he helps young players transition to life as an NFL player. Mainly all the things they have to deal with off the field
Thanks for that; great role for him.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29669 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25