Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Peppers signs with the Bears (updated - again)

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2010, 02:08 PM   #61
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 37
Posts: 2,906
re: Peppers signs with the Bears (updated - again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
No big shocker here.. I don't think he's worth haynesworth money though!
Everytime I think about Haynesworth, I picture him on his back, huffing and puffing like a cheap drunken tart.
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline  

Advertisements
Old 03-01-2010, 02:24 PM   #62
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 37
Posts: 2,906
re: Peppers signs with the Bears (updated - again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Getting rid of Golston would be a mistake.
I was thinking the same thing. Those guys are actually worth the money we pay them.
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline  
Old 03-01-2010, 02:36 PM   #63
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 9,978
re: Peppers signs with the Bears (updated - again)

We already have Peppers. His name on our team is Andre Carter. Poop on this idea.
FRPLG is offline  
Old 03-01-2010, 02:39 PM   #64
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 9,978
re: Peppers signs with the Bears (updated - again)

On another note...the thought of Alexander playing OLB for us makes me smile. If that guy can pull that off I might think him my favorite Redskin. Maybe ever. A guy who can play OL, DL, LB and be a pretty damn good Special teamer is basically unheard of in the modern NFL.
FRPLG is offline  
Old 03-01-2010, 02:41 PM   #65
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,729
re: Peppers signs with the Bears (updated - again)

Might as well get excited about it. No point in bitching at this point, especially with the salary cap practically in a vegetative state at this point.

__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 03-01-2010, 02:48 PM   #66
The Starter
 
joethiesmanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,163
re: Peppers signs with the Bears (updated - again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
We already have Peppers. His name on our team is Andre Carter. Poop on this idea.

I am from Charlotte, and I strongly disagree. Peppers matches AC's numbers in a bad year.
joethiesmanfan is offline  
Old 03-01-2010, 02:52 PM   #67
Impact Rookie
 
SOUL-SKINS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 868
re: Peppers signs with the Bears (updated - again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethiesmanfan View Post
I am from Charlotte, and I strongly disagree. Peppers matches AC's numbers in a bad year.
Yeah true dat..............Carter doesn't compare to Peppers
__________________
TODD COLLINS WILL ALWAYS HOLD A SPECIAL PLACE IN MY HEART
SOUL-SKINS is offline  
Old 03-01-2010, 03:00 PM   #68
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,714
re: Peppers signs with the Bears (updated - again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
I think Peppers can be as good as he wants to be, the question is, how good does he want to be?

NFL.com Blogs Blog Archive Sources raise red flags on Peppers
I just hope we do our homework on this guy. It's one thing when a scout say stuff, but when your former teammates question your desire then that really would make me run from this guy.
skinsfan69 is offline  
Old 03-01-2010, 03:01 PM   #69
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,729
re: Peppers signs with the Bears (updated - again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C View Post
haynesworth is not going to be happy having to play nt. i think he would be sick as a de in a 3-4, maybe picking up mount cody at the top of round 2 to fill the nt spot. and im not convinced about peppers.
He's not going to happy playing the traditional nose role. All signs right now point to him being used as a one gap NT a la Jay Ratliff not a two gap player like Cody or Wilfork.

Still the NFC South is going to be much safer this year for QB's.

Even though I r mus say that the SEC is still more talented then the NFL n dat includes the NFC SOuth right der.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 03-01-2010, 03:16 PM   #70
The Starter
 
#56fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Charlotte NC
Age: 40
Posts: 1,789
re: Peppers signs with the Bears (updated - again)

I live in Charlotte amongst the so called "fans" of the Panthers and this is NOT a good move. I have seen this guy play over and over and he just isn't as dominant as people make him out to be. And certainly not for the $$$ its going to take to have him sign. He is missing so much during the games, and sperratically will make a play here and there. He hates dropping back in coverage, which what he did from time to time in Charlotte. I can't see him loving it in the 3-4 either. I think he invisions himself as a 100% rush end and its not going to be that way, not with orakpo on the other side. I am just not hyped on this guy like everyone else. Plus he's 30, so he has a few years left but not really high productive years. He will end up signing like a 7 year deal probably and void after 4, which leaves us with all that money assuming the cap comes back.
i would much rather see money spent on top notch corner or olineman, not another 30something player looking for the big payday
#56fanatic is offline  
Old 03-01-2010, 03:20 PM   #71
Special Teams
 
DIE-NASTY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: OCEAN PINES, MD
Posts: 121
re: Peppers signs with the Bears (updated - again)

The reports about Peppers lacking motivation are troublesome but maybe that had something to do with the system he was in and it's not like Carolina was stacked on defense so I'm sure he's tired of being constantly double teamed. I remember him saying he WANTED to play OLB in a 3-4 sometime last year. This guy is a two-sport athlete who played power forward for UNC and probably could've played in the NBA. I don't think he'll have any trouble dropping into coverage to cover the flats or a TE.
DIE-NASTY is offline  
Old 03-01-2010, 03:21 PM   #72
Special Teams
 
DIE-NASTY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: OCEAN PINES, MD
Posts: 121
re: Peppers signs with the Bears (updated - again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by #56fanatic View Post
I live in Charlotte amongst the so called "fans" of the Panthers and this is NOT a good move. I have seen this guy play over and over and he just isn't as dominant as people make him out to be. And certainly not for the $$$ its going to take to have him sign. He is missing so much during the games, and sperratically will make a play here and there. He hates dropping back in coverage, which what he did from time to time in Charlotte. I can't see him loving it in the 3-4 either. I think he invisions himself as a 100% rush end and its not going to be that way, not with orakpo on the other side. I am just not hyped on this guy like everyone else. Plus he's 30, so he has a few years left but not really high productive years. He will end up signing like a 7 year deal probably and void after 4, which leaves us with all that money assuming the cap comes back.
i would much rather see money spent on top notch corner or olineman, not another 30something player looking for the big payday
then again, i could be wrong.
DIE-NASTY is offline  
Old 03-01-2010, 03:23 PM   #73
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,729
re: Peppers signs with the Bears (updated - again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIE-NASTY View Post
The reports about Peppers lacking motivation are troublesome but maybe that had something to do with the system he was in and it's not like Carolina was stacked on defense so I'm sure he's tired of being constantly double teamed. I remember him saying he WANTED to play OLB in a 3-4 sometime last year. This guy is a two-sport athlete who played power forward for UNC and probably could've played in the NBA. I don't think he'll have any trouble dropping into coverage to cover the flats or a TE.
A 6'7 Power Forward in the NBA? Sorry but that's almost unheard of. Plus keep in mind he decided between being the number 2 pick in the NFL draft or possibly being a 2nd round pick int he NBA draft.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 03-01-2010, 03:30 PM   #74
Special Teams
 
DIE-NASTY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: OCEAN PINES, MD
Posts: 121
re: Peppers signs with the Bears (updated - again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
A 6'7 Power Forward in the NBA? Sorry but that's almost unheard of. Plus keep in mind he decided between being the number 2 pick in the NFL draft or possibly being a 2nd round pick int he NBA draft.
ever hear of charles barkley? he was listed at 6'6" but probably wasn't even that tall. Why do you think they called him the Round Mound of Rebound.

And I'm not saying Peppers would've been a NBA HOFer but I'd bet he'd be a double-double guy (12ppg/10 rebound average) which is pretty good.
DIE-NASTY is offline  
Old 03-01-2010, 03:33 PM   #75
The Starter
 
joethiesmanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,163
re: Peppers signs with the Bears (updated - again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by #56fanatic View Post
I live in Charlotte amongst the so called "fans" of the Panthers and this is NOT a good move. I have seen this guy play over and over and he just isn't as dominant as people make him out to be. And certainly not for the $$$ its going to take to have him sign. He is missing so much during the games, and sperratically will make a play here and there. He hates dropping back in coverage, which what he did from time to time in Charlotte. I can't see him loving it in the 3-4 either. I think he invisions himself as a 100% rush end and its not going to be that way, not with orakpo on the other side. I am just not hyped on this guy like everyone else. Plus he's 30, so he has a few years left but not really high productive years. He will end up signing like a 7 year deal probably and void after 4, which leaves us with all that money assuming the cap comes back.
i would much rather see money spent on top notch corner or olineman, not another 30something player looking for the big payday

Yeah i argue with the Panther fans. The guy is dominant we will see this year how the Panthers look without him. Teams can avoid him but it limits what they can do on offense. Again they wanted 2 first rounders for him. That says enough to me.
joethiesmanfan is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.33461 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25