Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Updated: Redskins Make Major Roster Cuts

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2010, 02:41 PM   #391
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Updated: Redskins Make Major Roster Cuts

Ok so I for got FA started last night and I'm at lunch reading the paper. I missed all of this last night and had no clue we let 10 guys go but I was not surprised at any of the names I saw.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-05-2010, 02:50 PM   #392
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,365
Re: Updated: Redskins Make Major Roster Cuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Ok so I for got FA started last night and I'm at lunch reading the paper. I missed all of this last night and had no clue we let 10 guys go but I was not surprised at any of the names I saw.
i don't even think that any of the guys that got cut are going to be picked up.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:00 PM   #393
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,451
Re: Updated: Redskins Make Major Roster Cuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
i don't even think that any of the guys that got cut are going to be picked up.
Randy Thomas - No
ARE - Probably
Collins - Probably
Smoot - Probably
Mason - No
Grif - Yes
__________________
"Hey baby, wake up from your a sleep." -Zlad

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:02 PM   #394
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: baltimore
Posts: 3,195
Re: Updated: Redskins Make Major Roster Cuts

dont count randy out yet. he tore his other bicep this year so its not like he had a re-occurring injury.

plus he said he knew he might be cut but has prepared himself for another season, which i assume means he has stayed in playing shape and will make a go of it with someone.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:05 PM   #395
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,625
Re: Updated: Redskins Make Major Roster Cuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Randy Thomas - No
ARE - Probably
Collins - Probably
Smoot - Probably
Mason - No
Grif - Yes
ARE will definitely get a call from someone. Collins, meh probably not unless Saunders wants him. Smoot, yeah probably. Griffin, probably unless he decides to retire. Thomas if he's 100% might get a shot somewhere as a backup. Perhaps an August signing if somebody is desperate. Betts might get a call if he's healthy.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:10 PM   #396
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Updated: Redskins Make Major Roster Cuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
It might be a tad bit dangerous, but I think we should draft BOTH of our tackles in the draft. Okung and Veldheer are just a beast of a tandem, and its definitely within the realm of possible. If the FO is serious about making this team younger and better, then our first two picks in the draft should be OT's, and then pick up Pike to backup Campbell for a year. We'll see what happens, but I do hope we draft Okung. Our line with him, Veldheer and a decent guard p/u in FA would go from god awful to above average. A nice turnaround for one offseason.
Not sure how that can be dangerous...more like the solid move. Right now we have 0 legit LTs on the roster and 1 RT who I think will struggle mightily in the zone blocking scheme. WE NEED YOUNG, LEGIT OT TALENT more than anything you could possibly imagine.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:01 PM   #397
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 36
Posts: 2,906
Re: Updated: Redskins Make Major Roster Cuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
It might be a tad bit dangerous, but I think we should draft BOTH of our tackles in the draft. Okung and Veldheer are just a beast of a tandem, and its definitely within the realm of possible. If the FO is serious about making this team younger and better, then our first two picks in the draft should be OT's, and then pick up Pike to backup Campbell for a year. We'll see what happens, but I do hope we draft Okung. Our line with him, Veldheer and a decent guard p/u in FA would go from god awful to above average. A nice turnaround for one offseason.
I was thinking the same thing, especially with Pike. We do need a FS though.
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.17970 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25