Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


JLC: Redskins Interested in Adam Carriker

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 09:27 PM   #91
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: JLC: Redskins Interested in Adam Carriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I heard the same thing, but its Jlac so he doesn't know that much, because Haslett does have experience with the 3-4 back in the late 1990's with Pittsburgh.
really makes me wonder why we're running it

like is that decision coming from above him? I'm pretty sure that that could be argued
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-12-2010, 10:57 PM   #92
The Starter
 
T.O.Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin, MD
Posts: 2,033
Re: JLC: Redskins Interested in Adam Carriker

Ok, how crazy does this senario sound. Andre Carter, JC, next years #1pick, for Adam Carriker and swap this years first round draft choice and there 2nd round pick in 2011.

We Get:
Sam Bradford
Adam Carriker
2011 2nd round pick(Rams)

They Get:
Our #1 Pick 2010
Our #1 Pick 2011
Andre Carter
Jason Campbell


If that is not enough, I would throw in Cooley. Is this crazy?
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:59 PM   #93
Impact Rookie
 
Skinsfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 791
Re: JLC: Redskins Interested in Adam Carriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
Ok, how crazy does this senario sound. Andre Carter, JC, next years #1pick, for Adam Carriker and swap this years first round draft choice and there 2nd round pick in 2011.

We Get:
Sam Bradford
Adam Carriker
2011 2nd round pick(Rams)

They Get:
Our #1 Pick 2010
Our #1 Pick 2011
Andre Carter
Jason Campbell


If that is not enough, I would throw in Cooley. Is this crazy?
Bat shit crazy
Skinsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:02 PM   #94
The Starter
 
T.O.Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin, MD
Posts: 2,033
Re: JLC: Redskins Interested in Adam Carriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinsfanatic View Post
Bat shit crazy
Which team is it crazy for?
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:05 PM   #95
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,400
Re: JLC: Redskins Interested in Adam Carriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
Ok, how crazy does this senario sound. Andre Carter, JC, next years #1pick, for Adam Carriker and swap this years first round draft choice and there 2nd round pick in 2011.

We Get:
Sam Bradford
Adam Carriker
2011 2nd round pick(Rams)

They Get:
Our #1 Pick 2010
Our #1 Pick 2011
Andre Carter
Jason Campbell


If that is not enough, I would throw in Cooley. Is this crazy?
Only to the sane.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:09 PM   #96
Playmaker
 
NYCskinfan82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Queens, NYC
Age: 45
Posts: 3,441
Re: JLC: Redskins Interested in Adam Carriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
Ok, how crazy does this senario sound. Andre Carter, JC, next years #1pick, for Adam Carriker and swap this years first round draft choice and there 2nd round pick in 2011.

We Get:
Sam Bradford
Adam Carriker
2011 2nd round pick(Rams)

They Get:
Our #1 Pick 2010
Our #1 Pick 2011
Andre Carter
Jason Campbell


If that is not enough, I would throw in Cooley. Is this crazy?

PUFF PUFF PASS you got to be smoking something, incase you didn't know we are rebuilding you don't give up next years pick(s) when your rebuilding you do if your a player away, but we are not a player away we have lots of holes.

:frusty:
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:11 PM   #97
The Starter
 
T.O.Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin, MD
Posts: 2,033
Re: JLC: Redskins Interested in Adam Carriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCskinfan82 View Post
PUFF PUFF PASS you got to be smoking something, incase you didn't know we are rebuilding you don't give up next years pick(s) when your rebuilding you do if your a player away, but we are not a player away we have lots of holes.

:frusty:
If you think a guy is the next Payton Manning or Montana or Brady, you give all of this years picks along with all of next years.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:13 PM   #98
Impact Rookie
 
Skinsfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 791
Re: JLC: Redskins Interested in Adam Carriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
If you think a guy is the next Ricky Williams, you give all of this years picks along with all of next years.
This plan worked for us before, albeit on the other side.
Skinsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:13 PM   #99
Playmaker
 
NYCskinfan82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Queens, NYC
Age: 45
Posts: 3,441
Re: JLC: Redskins Interested in Adam Carriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
If you think a guy is the next Payton Manning or Montana or Brady, you give all of this years picks along with all of next years.
You must secretly be a chicago bear fan. :confused:
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:16 PM   #100
The Starter
 
T.O.Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin, MD
Posts: 2,033
Re: JLC: Redskins Interested in Adam Carriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinsfanatic View Post
This plan worked for us before, albeit on the other side.
Well look at it this way, New Orleans got to the Superbowl before we did. Why? Because they got a Quarterback!
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:16 PM   #101
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,400
Re: JLC: Redskins Interested in Adam Carriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
If you think a guy is the next Payton Manning or Montana or Brady, you give all of this years picks along with all of next years.
You would do all that just because you think he's the next Peyton Manning? Thinking and knowing are two different things, and there is no way of knowing if this is true. I think Bradford is going to be great, or at least very good, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:19 PM   #102
Playmaker
 
NYCskinfan82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Queens, NYC
Age: 45
Posts: 3,441
Re: JLC: Redskins Interested in Adam Carriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
You would do all that just because you think he's the next Peyton Manning? Thinking and knowing are two different things, and there is no way of knowing if this is true. I think Bradford is going to be great, or at least very good, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

That's my point exactly.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:20 PM   #103
The Starter
 
T.O.Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin, MD
Posts: 2,033
Re: JLC: Redskins Interested in Adam Carriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
You would do all that just because you think he's the next Peyton Manning? Thinking and knowing are two different things, and there is no way of knowing if this is true. I think Bradford is going to be great, or at least very good, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.
Thats why I only swapped next years first for there second and we get carriker. I think in the end the rams are still getting ripped off in my deal.
Hell, with JC at the helm that 2nd will be a top 3 pick again.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:23 PM   #104
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: JLC: Redskins Interested in Adam Carriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
Well look at it this way, New Orleans got to the Superbowl before we did. Why? Because they got a Quarterback!
And that said quarterback basically wore out his welcome with his old club first. Brees was a FA with low perceived value on the market then because of injury and because San Diego was done with him. Far cry from Peyton-freaking-I'm-a-guaranteed-lock-to-go-#1-or#2-Manning. Manning was like the sun. You COULDN'T miss him.

Montana and Brady were diamonds in the rough in which the former had someone who had a great eye for talent and the latter was a 6th rounder who got his lucky break and worked his arse off to get where he was today. Now those two are more like Brees, except they had success with their first teams.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:27 PM   #105
The Starter
 
T.O.Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin, MD
Posts: 2,033
Re: JLC: Redskins Interested in Adam Carriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
And that said quarterback basically wore out his welcome with his old club first. Brees was a FA with low perceived value on the market then because of injury and because San Diego was done with him. Far cry from Peyton-freaking-I'm-a-guaranteed-lock-to-go-#1-or#2-Manning. Manning was like the sun. You COULDN'T miss him.

Montana and Brady were diamonds in the rough in which the former had someone who had a great eye for talent and the latter was a 6th rounder who got his lucky break and worked his arse off to get where he was today. Now those two are more like Brees, except they had success with their first teams.
San Diego was not done with him, his last year with them he was phenomenal. He tore his shoulder and that made the decision easier for them. Shottenhiemer has said he never wanted to let him go.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29134 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25