Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


2010 NFL Free Agency Rumors and Reports (Week 2)

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2010, 06:15 PM   #211
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 43
Posts: 4,920
Re: 2010 NFL Free Agency Rumors and Reports (Week 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
if it came down to it, i think we we should take a 4th for moss. the bucks 4th is pretty high after all. how bout we give them our 7th and moss and they give us their third?
I'm not sure why you'd advocate trading our top WR for a mid round pick.. Sure, we may not be able to get the 'value' of a 3rd round pick or higher but the production from Moss will exceed whatever project we pick up in the 4th round.

Trading players just for the sake of trading them for picks isn't always a winning proposition.
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline  

Advertisements
Old 03-16-2010, 06:26 PM   #212
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: 2010 NFL Free Agency Rumors and Reports (Week 2)

^Agreed, Moss could be huge in the slot.

He didn't exactly play under a competent offensive mind the last two years, plus Jason had no chance to throw downfield without time.

Lets see what he can do under Shanny. I don't think he's finished. He was very frustrated playing under Zorn, like many of our players near the end. I think we've forgotten what he can do over the past 2 anemic offensive seasons.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline  
Old 03-16-2010, 06:32 PM   #213
Impact Rookie
 
SOUL-SKINS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 868
Re: 2010 NFL Free Agency Rumors and Reports (Week 2)

Posted at 5:59 PM ET, 03/16/2010
Barry Sims expected to visit Redskins Park
The Redskins will host another offensive linemen later this week. San Francisco free agent Barry Sims is expected to visit with the team on Friday at Redskins Park.

Sims, 35, is an 11-year veteran who's been starting regularly since his rookie season. He can play both tackle positions.

Sims played the past two seasons under Chris Foerster, the Redskins' new line coach who came to Washington from San Francisco. It's believed that San Francisco wants Sims to return and the 6-foot-5, 300-pound lineman would likely be choosing between the Redskins and
the 49ers. After spending his first nine seasons with the Oakland Raiders, Sims has suited up for the 49ers the past two. Last season, he started seven of 16 games.
__________________
TODD COLLINS WILL ALWAYS HOLD A SPECIAL PLACE IN MY HEART
SOUL-SKINS is offline  
Old 03-16-2010, 06:33 PM   #214
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,392
Re: 2010 NFL Free Agency Rumors and Reports (Week 2)

RFA Mike Bell reaches agreement with Eagles.

Source: RB Mike Bell signs offer sheet with Philadelphia Eagles - ESPN
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline  
Old 03-16-2010, 06:42 PM   #215
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,426
Re: 2010 NFL Free Agency Rumors and Reports (Week 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUL-SKINS View Post
Posted at 5:59 PM ET, 03/16/2010
Barry Sims expected to visit Redskins Park
The Redskins will host another offensive linemen later this week. San Francisco free agent Barry Sims is expected to visit with the team on Friday at Redskins Park.

Sims, 35, is an 11-year veteran who's been starting regularly since his rookie season. He can play both tackle positions.

Sims played the past two seasons under Chris Foerster, the Redskins' new line coach who came to Washington from San Francisco. It's believed that San Francisco wants Sims to return and the 6-foot-5, 300-pound lineman would likely be choosing between the Redskins and
the 49ers. After spending his first nine seasons with the Oakland Raiders, Sims has suited up for the 49ers the past two. Last season, he started seven of 16 games.
He is horrible!! The king of holding penalties, he used to kill Raiders drives and then the 49ers. Pass on this guy.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is online now  
Old 03-16-2010, 06:45 PM   #216
Impact Rookie
 
SOUL-SKINS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 868
Re: 2010 NFL Free Agency Rumors and Reports (Week 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
He is horrible!! The king of holding penalties, he used to kill Raiders drives and then the 49ers. Pass on this guy.
What about for depth?
He can't be worse the Heyer.
__________________
TODD COLLINS WILL ALWAYS HOLD A SPECIAL PLACE IN MY HEART
SOUL-SKINS is offline  
Old 03-16-2010, 07:01 PM   #217
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,392
Re: 2010 NFL Free Agency Rumors and Reports (Week 2)

Falcons rework secondary by cutting CB Hill, signing S Giordano
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline  
Old 03-16-2010, 07:15 PM   #218
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: 2010 NFL Free Agency Rumors and Reports (Week 2)

Hill's stats look decent in 2006...since then...no thanks.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline  
Old 03-16-2010, 07:51 PM   #219
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,104
Re: 2010 NFL Free Agency Rumors and Reports (Week 2)

Eagles send DE Clemons, fourth-round pick to Seattle for DE Tapp
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is online now  
Old 03-16-2010, 08:05 PM   #220
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: 2010 NFL Free Agency Rumors and Reports (Week 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
^Agreed, Moss could be huge in the slot.

He didn't exactly play under a competent offensive mind the last two years, plus Jason had no chance to throw downfield without time.

Lets see what he can do under Shanny. I don't think he's finished. He was very frustrated playing under Zorn, like many of our players near the end. I think we've forgotten what he can do over the past 2 anemic offensive seasons.

We need more speed on offense. If they think Moss is done then getting rid of his contract and receiving a pick is shrewd but getting rid of him creates another hole that has to be filled.
Pocket$ $traight is offline  
Old 03-16-2010, 08:53 PM   #221
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: 2010 NFL Free Agency Rumors and Reports (Week 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
He is horrible!! The king of holding penalties, he used to kill Raiders drives and then the 49ers. Pass on this guy.
I've said before, Allen has a thing for older players. I know we need O-line help but Sims is as old as dirt. We need to get younger.
Longtimefan is offline  
Old 03-16-2010, 10:29 PM   #222
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,426
Re: 2010 NFL Free Agency Rumors and Reports (Week 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
I've said before, Allen has a thing for older players. I know we need O-line help but Sims is as old as dirt. We need to get younger.
It's in the Allen "over the hill gang" blood
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is online now  
Old 03-16-2010, 10:38 PM   #223
Camp Scrub
 
SkinsfanNTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: West Texas
Posts: 72
Re: 2010 NFL Free Agency Rumors and Reports (Week 2)

I have watched alot of Raider games of the past few years and Sims is not very good. He is nothing more than a backup. We certaintly should not consider him as starting material.
SkinsfanNTX is offline  
Old 03-16-2010, 10:47 PM   #224
The Starter
 
Redskin Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 1,488
Re: 2010 NFL Free Agency Rumors and Reports (Week 2)

Joey Porter to visit Redskin Park on Thursday reported by JLC no link yet
__________________
WIN, LOSE OR DRAW I'M A DIE-HARD REDSKIN FAN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
First they ban winning...now this?
Redskin Warrior is offline  
Old 03-16-2010, 10:48 PM   #225
The Starter
 
Redskin Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 1,488
Re: 2010 NFL Free Agency Rumors and Reports (Week 2)

49ers free agent left tackle Barry Sims is scheduled to visit the Washington Redskins on Friday.
__________________
WIN, LOSE OR DRAW I'M A DIE-HARD REDSKIN FAN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
First they ban winning...now this?
Redskin Warrior is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32277 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25