Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


2010 NFL Free Agency Rumors and Reports (Week 2)

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 01:56 PM   #46
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,341
Re: 2010 NFL Free Agency Rumors and Reports (Week 2)

Certainly no USC fans, pissed that CA boy Clausen signed with ND, would've photoshopped this.....:frusty:

College Football Forum: Jimmy Clausen Photo Album: Wrong on So Many Levels
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline  

Advertisements
Old 03-12-2010, 02:00 PM   #47
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 36
Posts: 2,906
Re: 2010 NFL Free Agency Rumors and Reports (Week 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
Certainly no USC fans, pissed that CA boy Clausen signed with ND, would've photoshopped this.....:frusty:

College Football Forum: Jimmy Clausen Photo Album: Wrong on So Many Levels
Jesus H Christ! The second one confirms it. He's a prima donna at the very least. In my mind, a douche.
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 02:09 PM   #48
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,817
Re: 2010 NFL Free Agency Rumors and Reports (Week 2)

I really could care less about some silly photos... who doesn't have crap in their past that put under a microscope could be misconstrued into whatever someone wanted to think about you?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 02:12 PM   #49
Impact Rookie
 
Bushead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 777
Re: 2010 NFL Free Agency Rumors and Reports (Week 2)

People actually buy into those photos? Man, my life as a PR major will be very easy then.
Bushead is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 02:24 PM   #50
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,341
Re: 2010 NFL Free Agency Rumors and Reports (Week 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
Jesus H Christ! The second one confirms it. He's a prima donna at the very least. In my mind, a douche.
And certainly an 18 yr. old with multiple HS champioships, who's the #1 rated QB in the country, who came off as an A-hole at 18 wouldn't mature and change at 22.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 02:32 PM   #51
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,691
Re: 2010 NFL Free Agency Rumors and Reports (Week 2)

A lot of of the hate for this guy IMO is jealous, I would not mind being in his shoes and I am sure most American guys/boys dream of his type of life.


Being a starting QB in at a major college or in the NFL is as close as a person can get to being a superhero in today's society.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 03:16 PM   #52
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: 2010 NFL Free Agency Rumors and Reports (Week 2)

Anyone else noticing that many free agents are making visits looking for deals but leaving town without deals. Everyone's playing the waiting game, it seems, and waiting for the "next shoe" to drop.

Draft day is going to be very interesting.
12thMan is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 03:29 PM   #53
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: 2010 NFL Free Agency Rumors and Reports (Week 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
A lot of of the hate for this guy IMO is jealous, I would not mind being in his shoes and I am sure most American guys/boys dream of his type of life.


Being a starting QB in at a major college or in the NFL is as close as a person can get to being a superhero in today's society.
Dude I think if you saw the picture with the girls he was with you wouldn't say you were jealous.
SBXVII is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 03:32 PM   #54
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: 2010 NFL Free Agency Rumors and Reports (Week 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
You and Jimmy's way of letting loose are a lot different than mine. Now if there were scantily clad women and a bottle of yack in the pic, this would be a different matter. If Clausen smokes pickels it's no big deal. I didn't like him from jump street. The only thing that makes him a high pick is because he has played a pro type offense. I wouldn't care if Shanny got him. It's Shanny making the pick. Come to think of it. Clausen might be our guy. He's used to a lot of dudes on top of him. He'll fit in perfectly as our QB.
who was taking the picture?

alright then
tryfuhl is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 03:40 PM   #55
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,691
Re: 2010 NFL Free Agency Rumors and Reports (Week 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Dude I think if you saw the picture with the girls he was with you wouldn't say you were jealous.

I have seen it and it probably some fans that took a pic with him. Iam sure he has been knee deep in hot chicks most of his life.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 03:45 PM   #56
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,075
Re: 2010 NFL Free Agency Rumors and Reports (Week 2)

So what do questionable pictures of Clausen have to do with NFL free agency? This starting to sound like the Drunk Thread.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 03:52 PM   #57
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,678
Re: 2010 NFL Free Agency Rumors and Reports (Week 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Anyone else noticing that many free agents are making visits looking for deals but leaving town without deals. Everyone's playing the waiting game, it seems, and waiting for the "next shoe" to drop.

Draft day is going to be very interesting.
No question. I think draft day, or better said draft days, is when we're going to see a lot of trades go down.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 04:00 PM   #58
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,075
Re: 2010 NFL Free Agency Rumors and Reports (Week 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
No question. I think draft day, or better said draft days, is when we're going to see a lot of trades go down.
Also I've noticed a few people staying with their teams after testing the market (i.e. Ryan Clark).


Speaking of safeties, I get the sense that this position may not be a priority to the team. Anyone with any insight on this? Just curious. I wouldn't mind seeing Sharper here, if memory serves me right we have a group of young safeties (well Doughty has been in the league for 5 years, so he's not that young), and he would bring some leadership to the group.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 04:05 PM   #59
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: 2010 NFL Free Agency Rumors and Reports (Week 2)

I didn't think so three weeks ago, but I wouldn't be totally surprised to see the Redskins trade Campbell, draft Clausen (not Bradford), and end up with a veteran QB starting the season.
12thMan is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 04:07 PM   #60
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: 2010 NFL Free Agency Rumors and Reports (Week 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Also I've noticed a few people staying with their teams after testing the market (i.e. Ryan Clark).


Speaking of safeties, I get the sense that this position may not be a priority to the team. Anyone with any insight on this? Just curious. I wouldn't mind seeing Sharper here, if memory serves me right we have a group of young safeties (well Doughty has been in the league for 5 years, so he's not that young), and he would bring some leadership to the group.
It's probably because they believe Landry still has something to give even though he had a bad year. I can understand that. Besides, Slowik should help him out plenty. Coaches aren't in "panic and must replace" mode that we "helpless" consumers throw ourselves into sometimes.
SirClintonPortis is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31688 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25