Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


WP: Haynesworth will be at Redskins Park Monday

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2010, 04:36 PM   #16
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: WP: Haynesworth will be at Redskins Park Monday

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Seriously. I hate it when guys get praise for showing up to workout. It's your profession. They make oodles of money and still get a few months off every year. Showing up to throw some weights around in the offseason doesn't deserve any extra kudos whatsoever.

Also, I hope no one gets their hopes over statements like this:

Defensive coordinator Jim Haslett intends to use multiple fronts and envisions Haynesworth moving between the nose and end spots in hybrid alignments. With what Haslett has planned, the Redskins believe Haynesworth will thrive.


What are they supposed to say? We just gave a retarded amount of money to this guy, no we're switching to a scheme where he may not be nearly as effective, and we're pretty concerned about how he'll fit. ??

Hopefully he can still occupy two O-lineman as 3-4 DE and free up Orakpo to wreak havoc a la Demarcus Ware. The article mentions Haslett moving Big Al around. I'd be interested to know what specific situations they'd use him as an end and at nose.

Anyone else a bit concerned with the notion of moving back and forth from a 3-4 to a 4-3 in the middle of the game? Hopefully we have the personnel, intelligence, and coaching to make that happen successfully.
The only thing to worry about is weakside linebacker and whether or not the other ILB can handle it. If Rocky stays, then we're set. The line can be easily made by putting Rak on the D-line.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-14-2010, 04:41 PM   #17
Playmaker
 
NYCskinfan82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Queens, NYC
Age: 45
Posts: 3,441
Re: WP: Haynesworth will be at Redskins Park Monday

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
I'm a big time Albert Haynseworth fan
He plays hard
He doesn't mince words
I LoL'd when Zorn 'punished' him by sending him home on Christmas?
I loved it when he came to D. Hall defense and layed a big hambone hand on a couple of Falcons
Media love to hate on the dude
But Big Al is a beast!
I knew he would be their on Monday and i think him and Haslett are gonna to get along fine(both have actually stepped on a opponents face!)
Albert has that mean streak you can build a defense around



OH! Hell Yeah very good points. I think this defense will be good may take a year but it will be good Lou Spanos was brought to help the 3-4 DF LB's are a big part of this DF.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:45 PM   #18
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: WP: Haynesworth will be at Redskins Park Monday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket$ $traight View Post
I agree that "Haynesworth is out of shape and needs to be on the field more" is blown way out of proportion. Now, it does look bad when he is getting carted off and then comes back in but who cares. When they signed him, they told everbody that he isn't an every down player.

IMO it comes down to jealousy and the # victories. Because they were 4-12, the media (especially the local media) loves to pile on how we spent 100 million on this guy and got worse (the 100 million is another popular inaccuracy). People are jealous of Albert so they feed on any negative out there.

Nothing this guy does is going to live up to the expectations created by his deal. He could have an All-Pro year in 2010, lead us to 12-4 but if we lost in the playoffs 10-7, I guarantee that the same jerks that blast him daily now (Andy Polin/Steve Czaban) would still repeat the same stupid jokes about him.

Every team would love to have him and his peers voted him the most dominant player in the NFL.
That's the same old story with virtually every player in the league. When things are going well they're heaping praise, when they go bad it' just the opposite. It's not limited to the media, fans are that way as well. I think we'll all agree Haynesworth is definitely an impact player who suffered only from lack of conditioning as well as being utilized in a fashion that prohibited him from being able to help the team the way he really wanted too. This year will unveil the new and improved version of Albert Haynesworth.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 05:00 PM   #19
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,400
Re: WP: Haynesworth will be at Redskins Park Monday

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Seriously. I hate it when guys get praise for showing up to workout. It's your profession. They make oodles of money and still get a few months off every year. Showing up to throw some weights around in the offseason doesn't deserve any extra kudos whatsoever.

Also, I hope no one gets their hopes over statements like this:

Defensive coordinator Jim Haslett intends to use multiple fronts and envisions Haynesworth moving between the nose and end spots in hybrid alignments. With what Haslett has planned, the Redskins believe Haynesworth will thrive.


What are they supposed to say? We just gave a retarded amount of money to this guy, no we're switching to a scheme where he may not be nearly as effective, and we're pretty concerned about how he'll fit. ??

Hopefully he can still occupy two O-lineman as 3-4 DE and free up Orakpo to wreak havoc a la Demarcus Ware. The article mentions Haslett moving Big Al around. I'd be interested to know what specific situations they'd use him as an end and at nose.

Anyone else a bit concerned with the notion of moving back and forth from a 3-4 to a 4-3 in the middle of the game? Hopefully we have the personnel, intelligence, and coaching to make that happen successfully.
I think we do, or at least we're trying to with the addition of players like Kemo. We have coaches who are experienced in the 3-4 and 4-3. It seems to be a step in the right direction and is a welcome change to the stagnant system we've had in place with Blache. I'm glad AH is showing up. It is voluntary and with all the talk about his dissatisfaction with the way he was used and the possible switch to NT I'm glad he's not acting like an ass as he's sometimes portrayed to be. I do believe this staff will use him more to his abilities than Blache. Hopefully a more aggressive, attacking defense.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 07:16 PM   #20
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: WP: Haynesworth will be at Redskins Park Monday

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
I think we do, or at least we're trying to with the addition of players like Kemo. We have coaches who are experienced in the 3-4 and 4-3. It seems to be a step in the right direction and is a welcome change to the stagnant system we've had in place with Blache. I'm glad AH is showing up. It is voluntary and with all the talk about his dissatisfaction with the way he was used and the possible switch to NT I'm glad he's not acting like an ass as he's sometimes portrayed to be. I do believe this staff will use him more to his abilities than Blache. Hopefully a more aggressive, attacking defense.
I agree 53....And with this coaching staff we will be able to determine if whatever appeared to have gone wrong with Albert's game was all on him, or if the coaches were partly to blame. As far as his gripes about how he was being utilized..I would gladly take 52 others with the same gripe. Further, I doubt very seriously he would have had the same issues had he gone to any other team because most other teams would have known how to take advantage of his skills and used him accordingly. His play this season will help determine whether it was him or Blache.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 03:39 AM   #21
Impact Rookie
 
tootergray34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 681
Re: WP: Haynesworth will be at Redskins Park Monday

"When did AH not show up? If those games down the stretch had mattered, he would have played in at least a couple of them."

Now don't get me wrong...I like AH, but you aren't getting the point...all i'm saying is....is he better be at training camp...for the money he is worth...he better be.

And for your other questions, yes...he is responsible...when you committ that much money to somebody, they better produce at an extremely high level, or to me, he is a BUST. And some might not agree...but can you imagine the amount of talent we could have had on our team if we had not signed AH?

Don't forget the part that he is a shitty human being as well, I mean i'm not one to judge...but he has left one person paralyzed via his actions behind the wheel....and with said FAT contract...hasn't offered a dime to his family...that signals peice of shit to me...and if you don't agree you are TOO much of a homer for the SKINS.
tootergray34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 03:41 AM   #22
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: WP: Haynesworth will be at Redskins Park Monday

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootergray34 View Post
And for your other questions, yes...he is responsible...when you committ that much money to somebody, they better produce at an extremely high level, or to me, he is a BUST. And some might not agree...but can you imagine the amount of talent we could have had on our team if we had not signed AH?

Don't forget the part that he is a shitty human being as well, I mean i'm not one to judge...but he has left one person paralyzed via his actions behind the wheel....and with said FAT contract...hasn't offered a dime to his family...that signals peice of shit to me...and if you don't agree you are TOO much of a homer for the SKINS.
One Albert Haynesworth less.

Trick Question?
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:59 AM   #23
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,237
Re: WP: Haynesworth will be at Redskins Park Monday

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
There is a lot of "meat" in this article:

Redskins Insider - Haynesworth will take first step in new system as workouts start Monday



I bolded the parts that interested me, and specifically the part about Blache. It just reinforced my belief that ALOT of the talent on the defense has been held back by poor coaching, and poor interpersonal skills from the coaches. These guys are all adults, and have a job to do, but if you think that the boss "has it in for you" or "doesn't get it", your performance will be affected.
.
The articale said ............"

In April, the Redskins will cut Haynesworth a check for the $21 million option bonus he is owed. Haynesworth's 2010 base salary of $3.6 million is guaranteed as is his 2011 base of $5.4 million. Obviously, that's a huge financial commitment, so the Redskins need Haynesworth to be in a good frame of mind."

1) Do you really believe that the coach had it out for him?

2)Do you also believe...that Al's physical condition was not part of the problem?

3)...............and you don't think 21+ million is reason enough to have a good frame of mind,................to come in and do your job?
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:08 AM   #24
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: WP: Haynesworth will be at Redskins Park Monday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
The articale said ............"

In April, the Redskins will cut Haynesworth a check for the $21 million option bonus he is owed. Haynesworth's 2010 base salary of $3.6 million is guaranteed as is his 2011 base of $5.4 million. Obviously, that's a huge financial commitment, so the Redskins need Haynesworth to be in a good frame of mind."

1) Do you really believe that the coach had it out for him?

2)Do you also believe...that Al's physical condition was not part of the problem?

3)...............and you don't think 21+ million is reason enough to have a good frame of mind,................to come in and do your job?
Had it out for him, I think, gives Blache a lot more credit than he earned here. I think it's more like he never had any idea what he could do with him, and even more bluntly, had no idea that a featured defensive lineman who isn't given sufficient opportunity to sack the opposing team's quarterback could actually be unhappy with his role.

Al's physical conditioning was hardly relevant considering that he played every (possible) snap of the last 11 games he dressed for with a list of injuries that might force a lesser player to be inactive. Physical conditioning, not really a relevant concern. Physical condition, on the other hand, needs to be closely monitored.

He'll get that 21 million this year (no matter what we do with him), and I don't think any of us are worried about him doing his job. Haynesworth, even the bruised, battered version that the Redskins bought, is still better and more versatile than 96% of defensive tackles in this league. He showed up on film whenever he played last year.

No Skins fan feels cheated by Albert Haynesworth. Those who were against the signing are probably still against it for all the same reasons, but he came in and did everything the Redskins asked of him. Then he caught some flak and ran his mouth in the media. Shit happens.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:18 AM   #25
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,876
Re: WP: Haynesworth will be at Redskins Park Monday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
The articale said ............"

In April, the Redskins will cut Haynesworth a check for the $21 million option bonus he is owed. Haynesworth's 2010 base salary of $3.6 million is guaranteed as is his 2011 base of $5.4 million. Obviously, that's a huge financial commitment, so the Redskins need Haynesworth to be in a good frame of mind."

1) Do you really believe that the coach had it out for him?

2)Do you also believe...that Al's physical condition was not part of the problem?

3)...............and you don't think 21+ million is reason enough to have a good frame of mind,................to come in and do your job?
1) Maybe "had it out for him" was too harsh, but I think it's fair to say that Blache showed preferential treatment to players, and AH was not one of those.

2) No, I really don't think AH's physical conditioning was part of the problem, again, when you watched him play, he would take on from 1 to 3 players and still be collapsing the pocket or stuffing the run. I think it's normal for a body to need a quick recharge after that kind of exertion. Maybe I'm just too understanding.

3) Money is not the end all for a job. Yes it's nice, and yes you wish someone getting that much money just did whatever, but that's not really human nature, in fact human nature tends more towards the ego of you paid me x to do it, so let me do it my way because that's what you paid me for.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:20 AM   #26
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,876
Re: WP: Haynesworth will be at Redskins Park Monday

Pretty funny, this article compares JZ's quotes before minicamp with MS. What a difference:
Redskins First Team Activities Begin Today; What Players Will Skip?
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:27 AM   #27
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,456
Re: WP: Haynesworth will be at Redskins Park Monday

REALLY...how was that NOT a red flag?
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:32 AM   #28
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,799
Re: WP: Haynesworth will be at Redskins Park Monday

I get so tired of these sports reporters bringing up Zorn and now Blache. They're both gone so what's the point? The bottom line is the players on defense, at times simply played like shit. That includes AH for not being able to stay on the field and play at a high level for more than two plays at a time. Hopefully the new staff will be able to motivate some of the current players to play better and take their jobs more seriously
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:05 AM   #29
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: WP: Haynesworth will be at Redskins Park Monday

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I get so tired of these sports reporters bringing up Zorn and now Blache. They're both gone so what's the point? The bottom line is the players on defense, at times simply played like shit. That includes AH for not being able to stay on the field and play at a high level for more than two plays at a time. Hopefully the new staff will be able to motivate some of the current players to play better and take their jobs more seriously
Again, AH sitting out plays was overblown.

They are looking for chinks in the armor since the off season has gone pretty smoothly. Some of these jerks are praying for CP and or AH to miss the workouts because it is a better story.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:19 AM   #30
The Starter
 
redsk1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,351
Re: WP: Haynesworth will be at Redskins Park Monday

AH is getting paid alot of money to be a leader on this team. That means coming to work every day w/ a good attitude. I do like AH and the way he plays, but he's got to be a team guy. He's got to be willing to help out the team no matter what. If he doesn't isn't that called selfish? I think he'll be fine.

I agree the sitting out plays was WAY overblown.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.41923 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25