Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


2010 NFL Off-Season Rumors and Reports (Week 4)

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2010, 01:49 PM   #16
Special Teams
 
ChickenMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ontario,Ca
Age: 41
Posts: 274
Re: 2010 NFL Off-Season Rumors and Reports (Week 4)

Redskins coach Mike Shanahan was noncommittal when asked if he'd be interested in trading for Brandon Marshall after the April 15 deadline for restricted free agents to sign with other clubs.

"You'll just have to wait and see," Shanahan said. "Can't share that with you." We wouldn't make too much of this. Multiple reports had Shanahan growing tired of Marshall's act in Denver last winter, and it's even been speculated that Shanny's plan to dump the receiver eventually led to his ouster.
Source: Denver Post
ChickenMonkey is offline  

Advertisements
Old 03-25-2010, 02:00 PM   #17
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,525
Re: 2010 NFL Off-Season Rumors and Reports (Week 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenMonkey View Post
Redskins coach Mike Shanahan was noncommittal when asked if he'd be interested in trading for Brandon Marshall after the April 15 deadline for restricted free agents to sign with other clubs.

"You'll just have to wait and see," Shanahan said. "Can't share that with you." We wouldn't make too much of this. Multiple reports had Shanahan growing tired of Marshall's act in Denver last winter, and it's even been speculated that Shanny's plan to dump the receiver eventually led to his ouster.
Source: Denver Post
Plus Denver's going to pull another rabbit out of the hat and get a first round pick for him. Even if we wanted him I'd have a hard time seeing how we could put together a solid offer.
__________________
6.6710−11 m3 kg−1 s−2

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 02:58 PM   #18
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: 2010 NFL Off-Season Rumors and Reports (Week 4)

Chris Wilson signed a new contract

Redskins Insider - Chris Wilson signs with Redskins
tryfuhl is offline  
Old 03-26-2010, 11:59 AM   #19
The Starter
 
backrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: 36.28 x 76.22
Age: 62
Posts: 1,811
Re: 2010 NFL Off-Season Rumors and Reports (Week 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenMonkey View Post
Redskins coach Mike Shanahan was noncommittal when asked if he'd be interested in trading for Brandon Marshall after the April 15 deadline for restricted free agents to sign with other clubs.

"You'll just have to wait and see," Shanahan said. "Can't share that with you." We wouldn't make too much of this. Multiple reports had Shanahan growing tired of Marshall's act in Denver last winter, and it's even been speculated that Shanny's plan to dump the receiver eventually led to his ouster.
Source: Denver Post
Well, Jason Reid, Wapo Insider must have read this on here and now has added TO to the mix:

Redskins Insider - Shanahan interested in Terrell Owens or Brandon Marshall?

I really don't want either BM or TO, and I hope Santana had a growth spurt this past winter and spring and grew a foot.
__________________
'37, '42, '83, '88, '92. Championship!
backrow is offline  
Old 03-26-2010, 02:00 PM   #20
Special Teams
 
ChickenMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ontario,Ca
Age: 41
Posts: 274
Re: 2010 NFL Off-Season Rumors and Reports (Week 4)

The Chicago Tribune reports the Bears are "working actively to deal" DE Alex Brown & already cut ties with Adewale Ogunleye...Would either of theses DE fit in a 3-4?
ChickenMonkey is offline  
Old 03-26-2010, 02:34 PM   #21
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,525
Re: 2010 NFL Off-Season Rumors and Reports (Week 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenMonkey View Post
The Chicago Tribune reports the Bears are "working actively to deal" DE Alex Brown & already cut ties with Adewale Ogunleye...Would either of theses DE fit in a 3-4?
Doubt it. Possibly Alex Brown but he's more of an OLB. I'd much rather give Javaris Moss a shot at OLB if he's available.
__________________
6.6710−11 m3 kg−1 s−2

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 03-26-2010, 03:17 PM   #22
The Starter
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 2,171
Re: 2010 NFL Off-Season Rumors and Reports (Week 4)

Per PFT, Jimmy Clausen will visit the Rams, Browns, and Bills prior to the draft. His visit to the Rams is irrelevant to the Skins for the purpose of trading down. But what if St. Louis picks Bradford at #1 and either the Browns or the Bills, or both, want Clausen and we don't?

I think we'd have to give very serious consideration to trading down with either Cleveland or Buffalo. We could end up with either the #7 or the #9 pick plus two high picks (I accidently typed "two high pricks" but I caught the error before I posted), including our own, in the 2nd round. Considering the holes we have to fill and the quality of this year's OT crop, we could do a lot of good with those three picks.
KI Skins Fan is online now  
Old 03-26-2010, 03:32 PM   #23
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,525
Re: 2010 NFL Off-Season Rumors and Reports (Week 4)

Torry Holt has a VERY interesting mock draft:
NFL Videos: Torry Holt's mock draft
__________________
6.6710−11 m3 kg−1 s−2

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 03-26-2010, 04:00 PM   #24
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,184
Re: 2010 NFL Off-Season Rumors and Reports (Week 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Torry Holt has a VERY interesting mock draft:
NFL Videos: Torry Holt's mock draft
intresting, i would love to see this happen
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline  
Old 03-26-2010, 04:21 PM   #25
Camp Scrub
 
McD5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 34
Re: 2010 NFL Off-Season Rumors and Reports (Week 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Torry Holt has a VERY interesting mock draft:
Ridiculous. No qb in the first ten picks?

Zero chance of that happening. He must have taken one too many hits.
McD5 is offline  
Old 03-26-2010, 05:05 PM   #26
Camp Scrub
 
SkinsfanNTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: West Texas
Posts: 72
Re: 2010 NFL Off-Season Rumors and Reports (Week 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Per PFT, Jimmy Clausen will visit the Rams, Browns, and Bills prior to the draft. His visit to the Rams is irrelevant to the Skins for the purpose of trading down. But what if St. Louis picks Bradford at #1 and either the Browns or the Bills, or both, want Clausen and we don't?

I think we'd have to give very serious consideration to trading down with either Cleveland or Buffalo. We could end up with either the #7 or the #9 pick plus two high picks (I accidently typed "two high pricks" but I caught the error before I posted), including our own, in the 2nd round. Considering the holes we have to fill and the quality of this year's OT crop, we could do a lot of good with those three picks.

If the Browns want to move up let's do a deal. The fourth and seventh picks in round one have a 300 point difference. We could do this deal if they trade up:

To Cleveland
1st round pick--4th overall (1800 points)

To Washington
1st round pick--7th overall (1500 points)
3rd round pick--71st overall (235 points)
5th round pick--133rd overall (40 points)
6th round pick--167th overall (25 points)

The points in this trade would be identical and the Skins would then have eight picks in the draft:
1) 7th overall
2) 37th overall
3) 71st overall
4) 100rd overall
5) 131st overall
5) 133rd overall
6) 167th overall
7) 195th overall
SkinsfanNTX is offline  
Old 03-26-2010, 05:13 PM   #27
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,566
Re: 2010 NFL Off-Season Rumors and Reports (Week 4)

The points may be equal, but I just can't see Holmgren paying 3 extra draft picks to move up 3 spots. Maybe the 1, 3 & either the 5th or 6th.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline  
Old 03-26-2010, 05:27 PM   #28
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,184
Re: 2010 NFL Off-Season Rumors and Reports (Week 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsfanNTX View Post
If the Browns want to move up let's do a deal. The fourth and seventh picks in round one have a 300 point difference. We could do this deal if they trade up:

To Cleveland
1st round pick--4th overall (1800 points)

To Washington
1st round pick--7th overall (1500 points)
3rd round pick--71st overall (235 points)
5th round pick--133rd overall (40 points)
6th round pick--167th overall (25 points)

The points in this trade would be identical and the Skins would then have eight picks in the draft:
1) 7th overall
2) 37th overall
3) 71st overall
4) 100rd overall
5) 131st overall
5) 133rd overall
6) 167th overall
7) 195th overall
i might have an accident in my pants if this happens
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline  
Old 03-26-2010, 05:34 PM   #29
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,850
Re: 2010 NFL Off-Season Rumors and Reports (Week 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
i might have an accident in my pants if this happens
I honestly feel BA can pull this off with the Bills or Oakland.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 03-26-2010, 05:46 PM   #30
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: 2010 NFL Off-Season Rumors and Reports (Week 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
The points may be equal, but I just can't see Holmgren paying 3 extra draft picks to move up 3 spots. Maybe the 1, 3 & either the 5th or 6th.
yeah, or a future pick
tryfuhl is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28073 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25