Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


New possible trade/draft scenarios

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2010, 12:43 AM   #166
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: New possible trade/draft scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
Best post on this was the poster(forget who it was) told it was like it is. AH is a lazy slacker, and simply doesn't fit into a 3-4 scheme. Why we gave the guy suck a crazy contract still boggles my mind. Our team was not going to improve significantly with AH on board since the offense was the weakest link. Shoot the Bruce Smith acquisition was better than this.
Both AH and Smith had productive years for us. They were grand slams compared to Lloyd, Archuletta and Duckett.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-07-2010, 12:58 AM   #167
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: New possible trade/draft scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
Sorry, quoted the wrong one. I meant to put the one that says we will go downhill on D if he leaves......cant find it tho.

Nah, I disagree. Our defense was fine without A.H., and we didn't have orakpo then either. Our defense will be fine without him, decided we go that route. I wish he would get serious and commit and get hyped about going to the superbowl with this new look squad. He could really take steps to become a locker room leader, but he doesn't. He keeps to himself and doesn't take part in what amounts to team building exercises, like the off season workouts and meetings. He should be the defensive player IN CHARGE, a captain on the other side of the ball. I dont get him. The opportunity is right in front of him, yet he remains standoffish and quiet. He is richer than 99.9% of the world, and famous at the same time. so what gives? Be a leader, give your all, and he could do great things, and get the ppl around him to do great things. I mean, look what he helped Carter and Orakpo and the rest of our defense do in a year where he played very much below his potential. He has the potential to be the best damn DLineman ever to play the game.

I hope he gets his act strait and starts becoming the leader he should be. He has all the strength and potential in the world, and he should use that to get to the big time, the super bowl. Use this season to prove everyone wrong that says the trade was a bust, and he is overpaid.

Part of becoming a team leader also entails that you cannot be anti-social either Albert.
He never displayed leadership qualities in Tennessee, why would he change? Because we paid him 40 mil guaranteed? Just because you pay someone a lot of money, they aren't going to magically become someone else. In fact, when generational money is involved, their bad habits are most likely going to be magnified.

Why is he a bust? He was a 4-3 defensive tackle who dominated the point of attack and played over 70% of the plays (Wilfork played a lot less and Ratliff played the exact same %).

Was "become a team leader" a line item in his contract? Did we have a line item that said we were going to allow our underqualified idiot head coach to run us into the ground and then move to a 3-4 in 2010?

If you think that offering someone 40 million will automatically make them pick up leadership qualities, I think the problem is with you not them.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:59 AM   #168
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,400
Re: New possible trade/draft scenarios

It would be nice to have some stability around here and know what kind of offense/defense we're going to be running for longer than a year before signing these FA's. AH was paid a lot of money but I doubt he was told he'd be asked to play a different position a year after he signed.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:04 AM   #169
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,882
Re: New possible trade/draft scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
Sorry, quoted the wrong one. I meant to put the one that says we will go downhill on D if he leaves......cant find it tho.

Nah, I disagree. Our defense was fine without A.H., and we didn't have orakpo then either. Our defense will be fine without him, decided we go that route. I wish he would get serious and commit and get hyped about going to the superbowl with this new look squad. He could really take steps to become a locker room leader, but he doesn't. He keeps to himself and doesn't take part in what amounts to team building exercises, like the off season workouts and meetings. He should be the defensive player IN CHARGE, a captain on the other side of the ball. I dont get him. The opportunity is right in front of him, yet he remains standoffish and quiet. He is richer than 99.9% of the world, and famous at the same time. so what gives? Be a leader, give your all, and he could do great things, and get the ppl around him to do great things. I mean, look what he helped Carter and Orakpo and the rest of our defense do in a year where he played very much below his potential. He has the potential to be the best damn DLineman ever to play the game.

I hope he gets his act strait and starts becoming the leader he should be. He has all the strength and potential in the world, and he should use that to get to the big time, the super bowl. Use this season to prove everyone wrong that says the trade was a bust, and he is overpaid.

Part of becoming a team leader also entails that you cannot be anti-social either Albert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Wait!!! How can he be a top 10/Pro Bowl [DT] unless he shows fire and determination?!? If he's not shouting and passionate he can't be a real leader.
When AH is on the field (and he played more snaps then any of the other DLine) he is a force. I don't care if he is the defensive leader, just that he is helping to put McN.. err Kolb, Manning, and Romo on the ground.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:25 AM   #170
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,042
Re: New possible trade/draft scenarios

AH made our short yardage defense positively ferocious.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:27 AM   #171
Special Teams
 
REDSKINZ-RIDEORDIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 218
Re: New possible trade/draft scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCskinfan82 View Post

You've got to be joking, when we got AH we were a 4-3. AH will be a beast in the 3-4 at RDE.

Totally agree, and to he honest, I see the potential in it, but I think it is completely STUPID to be converting to the 3-4. ESPECIALLY right now. WHY??????? We dont even remotely have the personnel to run this f------ defense.


Our defense is totally fine right now. Its actually been fine for the last few years. It has not been perfect, but there is absolutely no need to switch over. Especially in a year with a new regime, and where we need to completely focus on offense.

Now we got our best DL man (one of the absolute best if not the BEST DT in the league) disgruntled, because part of the reason he signed here was because we told him we'd run the 4-3 and use him in a way that would benefit him most.

Our D just needed to be tweaked. More aggressiveness added, add a few LBs so that Orakpo could strictly play DE, occasionally move to the LB spot to add some different looks. Take away the 30 yard CB cushion we was giving up. We were straight.

We did not need to do a complete overhaul on the defense we were running. I HATE that we are converting to this dam defense. We gonna f--- up the little bit of chemistry we had developed on a flurishing defense.
REDSKINZ-RIDEORDIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:28 AM   #172
The Starter
 
44Deezel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Davidsonville
Posts: 1,703
Re: New possible trade/draft scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket$ $traight View Post
Both AH and Smith had productive years for us. They were grand slams compared to Lloyd, Archuletta and Duckett.
Tennessee got much better play from him for much less money. It's why going after the most expensive free agent rarely works out. You're almost always paying more for less.
44Deezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:32 AM   #173
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: New possible trade/draft scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Deezel View Post
Tennessee got much better play from him for much less money. It's why going after the most expensive free agent rarely works out. You're almost always paying more for less.
Or you could say that Tenn got a great value and was able to underpay him.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:33 AM   #174
Special Teams
 
REDSKINZ-RIDEORDIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 218
Re: New possible trade/draft scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Deezel View Post
Tennessee got much better play from him for much less money. It's why going after the most expensive free agent rarely works out. You're almost always paying more for less.

Bull......AH played his ass off for us, our defense was INSTANTLY better from the very snap that he took with us. If we werent converting over to this stupid ass defense, we'd see even more of what that dude could do our defense.
REDSKINZ-RIDEORDIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:41 AM   #175
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: New possible trade/draft scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINZ-RIDEORDIE View Post
Bull......AH played his ass off for us, our defense was INSTANTLY better from the very snap that he took with us. If we werent converting over to this stupid ass defense, we'd see even more of what that dude could do our defense.

If they dump Godzilla, it is because he pissed Shanny off with the workout "talk" and the Mastermind has chosen to make an example of him, it wasn't because of production.

I just hope that they can work this out. I really think that this guy makes our team better. A lot better than the 2nd 3rd or 4th round pick that we would get for him.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:43 AM   #176
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,406
Re: New possible trade/draft scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket$ $traight View Post
If they dump Godzilla, it is because he pissed Shanny off with the workout "talk" and the Mastermind has chosen to make an example of him, it wasn't because of production.

I just hope that they can work this out. I really think that this guy makes our team better. A lot better than the 2nd 3rd or 4th round pick that we would get for him.
Everyone seems to forget that apparently Shanny was dangling Landry as a trade bait. It seems that the media finds it easier to target Haynesworth.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:47 AM   #177
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,934
Re: New possible trade/draft scenarios

One thing is for sure with this new regime, if it's a rumor, then it means it's true. I wouldn't be surprised to see Landry, Haynesworth, Carter, Rogers, campbell all gone.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:51 AM   #178
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,882
Re: New possible trade/draft scenarios

Quote:
One thing is for sure with this new regime, if it's a rumor, then it means it's true. I wouldn't be surprised to see Landry, Haynesworth, Carter, Rogers, campbell all gone.
i dont know, remember all the rumors leading up to free agency? we were in the mix for everyone, but ended up, happily, not going overboard. the media's job seems to be throw out as much speculative reports as possible, some of them will have to be true. that said, i agree landry and rogers are likely to be traded
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:53 AM   #179
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,406
Re: New possible trade/draft scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
One thing is for sure with this new regime, if it's a rumor, then it means it's true. I wouldn't be surprised to see Landry, Haynesworth, Carter, Rogers, campbell all gone.
Agreed. I feel that Shanahan and Allen are being all business about this and are willing to part ways (for compensation) with any player from the previous regime they deem expendable. Personally, I don't feel our FO would get rid of a player for the petty excuse that they didn't show up to "voluntary" workouts or any crap like that. The more reason why I find this whole Haynesworth "drama" to be ridiculous.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:58 AM   #180
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,934
Re: New possible trade/draft scenarios

You might as well say goodbye to Haynesworth washingtonpost.com. The only salvation would be Suh as a replacement for him.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.37606 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25