Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


New possible trade/draft scenarios

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2010, 02:33 AM   #196
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: New possible trade/draft scenarios

I think that Shanahan would be taking a huge risk if he dumped the big guy now. First of all, a coach who is making 7.5 million should be able to manage a situation like this.

I don't care who you are, an owner's eybrow or two is going to be raised if within 3 weeks of paying a guy 21 million dollars you dump him. Especially a player as talented as AH who will go to another team and make them better.

I hear all the jokes but no one can deny that when that guy is on the field he is a dominating force.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-07-2010, 02:37 AM   #197
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: New possible trade/draft scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket$ $traight View Post
I think that Shanahan would be taking a huge risk if he dumped the big guy now. First of all, a coach who is making 7.5 million should be able to manage a situation like this.

I don't care who you are, an owner's eybrow or two is going to be raised if within 3 weeks of paying a guy 21 million dollars you dump him. Especially a player as talented as AH who will go to another team and make them better.

I hear all the jokes but no one can deny that when that guy is on the field he is a dominating force.
Yeah, but it wasn't Shanahan/Allen that gave AH that ridiculous contract. That's all on Snyder and Cerrato. Danny gave Mike and Bruce the keys and said do what you have to do.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:42 AM   #198
Special Teams
 
Player_HTTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 329
Re: New possible trade/draft scenarios

BA didn't restructure his contract for longevity's sake. I am not a AH hater and loved that he went to war for his teammates but if we can pickup another 1st, or a 2cd and 3rd/4th, well...

Bye!
Player_HTTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:45 AM   #199
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: New possible trade/draft scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Yeah, but it wasn't Shanahan/Allen that gave AH that ridiculous contract. That's all on Snyder and Cerrato. Danny gave Mike and Bruce the keys and said do what you have to do.
True but Dan Snyder didn't get where he was by pissing away 21 million periodically.

This is the type of decision where DS would have some input, and frankly, I think you could argue that he might deserve the final call on it.

BA and MS are being paid a lot of money, I do not think that asking them to manage a highly talented problem child is out of line.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:47 AM   #200
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: New possible trade/draft scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Player_HTTR View Post
BA didn't restructure his contract for longevity's sake. I am not a AH hater and loved that he went to war for his teammates but if we can pickup another 1st, or a 2cd and 3rd/4th, well...

Bye!

Why would any team do that? We are the desperate party in this situation.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:55 AM   #201
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: New possible trade/draft scenarios

I mentioned once that AH does not want to play in a 3-4 and someone said they thought it was more that he just didn't want to be the NT. Denver has a NT, so would paying off some of his contract or reworking it to spread it over another year or two, then see if Denver would trade Marshell for AH outright?

#1- AH is happy he's not a NT.
#2- Denver and Marshell are happy Marshell is out of there.
#3- The Skins are happy they have gotten rid of AH and picked up a #1 WR.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:00 AM   #202
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: New possible trade/draft scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket$ $traight View Post
True but Dan Snyder didn't get where he was by pissing away 21 million periodically.

This is the type of decision where DS would have some input, and frankly, I think you could argue that he might deserve the final call on it.

BA and MS are being paid a lot of money, I do not think that asking them to manage a highly talented problem child is out of line.
I get your point to a degree, however the reason Snyder hired Allen and Shanahan was to turn around the awful missteps of the past decade. If they view AH as one of those missteps, then Snyder should lie in the bed he made. Of course Danny does own the team so he certainly could step in and have final say, but then the obvious question becomes, how is this any different than the past?
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:02 AM   #203
Special Teams
 
Player_HTTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 329
Re: New possible trade/draft scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket$ $traight View Post
Why would any team do that? We are the desperate party in this situation.

How are we desperate? He stays and is a big force on the DL or gives us some added value in a draft we have four picks in. 2 and 4 for AH is not out of line for a team in desperate need of a DT like the Lions or Bucs.
Player_HTTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:07 AM   #204
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: New possible trade/draft scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Player_HTTR View Post
How are we desperate? He stays and is a big force on the DL or gives us some added value in a draft we have four picks in. 2 and 4 for AH is not out of line for a team in desperate need of a DT like the Lions or Bucs.
People aren't banging down our door for AH. We are trying to get rid of him in a limited time frame.

Looking to fufill a need in a short time frame = desperation
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:08 AM   #205
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: New possible trade/draft scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
I get your point to a degree, however the reason Snyder hired Allen and Shanahan was to turn around the awful missteps of the past decade. If they view AH as one of those missteps, then Snyder should lie in the bed he made. Of course Danny does own the team so he certainly could step in and have final say, but then the obvious question becomes, how is this any different than the past?

I think the $ involved make this a special circumstance.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:09 AM   #206
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,401
Re: New possible trade/draft scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
I get your point to a degree, however the reason Snyder hired Allen and Shanahan was to turn around the awful missteps of the past decade. If they view AH as one of those missteps, then Snyder should lie in the bed he made. Of course Danny does own the team so he certainly could step in and have final say, but then the obvious question becomes, how is this any different than the past?
I get what you are saying here, but also...

I would have hope that we also hired a coach that can make best use of his players and not try to play them out of position (like playing Orakpo as a 4-3 LB or Landry as a FS). While a player shouldn't be telling a coach what to do, Haynesworth is right, he will be more effective as a 3-4 DE than a NT. Now, Haynesworth still has said that he'll play NT if asked to do so, therefore I don't know why Shanahan should feel that Haynesworth needs to be traded (unless you get a monster deal for him) or why he should feel that Haynesworth is a misstep.

I would lose a little bit of faith in our FO if they tell me that they traded AH just because he didn't want to play a position where he would have been less effective. This is the reason why I feel a lot of people here who criticize AH quickly forget how much they have complained about this team's terrible habit of having players out of position and not using their players to best of their ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket$ $traight View Post
People aren't banging down our door for AH. We are trying to get rid of him in a limited time frame.

Looking to fufill a need in a short time frame = desperation
Which I really don't think our FO needs to be putting themselves in this situation.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:11 AM   #207
Special Teams
 
Player_HTTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 329
Re: New possible trade/draft scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket$ $traight View Post
People aren't banging down our door for AH. We are trying to get rid of him in a limited time frame.

Looking to fufill a need in a short time frame = desperation
People weren't banging down the door to take over a inflated contract. Now it is reasonable and there is some value to gain from dealing him. I don't see desperation just "reloading."
Player_HTTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:16 AM   #208
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: New possible trade/draft scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I get what you are saying here, but also...

I would have hope that we also hired a coach that can make best use of his players and not try to play them out of position (like playing Orakpo as a 4-3 LB or Landry as a FS). While a player shouldn't be telling a coach what to do, Haynesworth is right, he will be more effective as a 3-4 DE than a NT. Now, Haynesworth still has said that he'll play NT if asked to do so, therefore I don't know why Shanahan should feel that Haynesworth needs to be traded (unless you get a monster deal for him) or why he should feel that Haynesworth is a misstep.

I would lose a little bit of faith in our FO if they tell me that they traded AH just because he didn't want to play a position where he would have been less effective. This is the reason why I feel a lot of people here who criticize AH quickly forget how much they have complained about this team's terrible habit of having players out of position and not using their players to best of their ability.

Fair points. You reinforce how dicey of a situation this is.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:22 AM   #209
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,962
Re: New possible trade/draft scenarios

I personally think it would be a mistake to trade away Haynesworth. I know he can be a headcase but he's as dominating an interior lineman (even without pulling full effort into it) as the league has seen in years. He's a true difference maker.

That said, while I would personally disagree with the move, what Allen and Shanahan feel is best is what should be done. The Redskins knew what they were getting when they signed AH. Problem is the Redskins that signed him are not the Redskins of now.

I just hope they can get a proven player along with a draft pick or two, not just draft picks in return
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:37 AM   #210
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: New possible trade/draft scenarios

Id rather have at least one proven player as well. I dont trust Shanahan and Allen in the draft.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32435 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25