Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


New possible trade/draft scenarios

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2010, 02:09 AM   #196
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,083
Re: New possible trade/draft scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
I get your point to a degree, however the reason Snyder hired Allen and Shanahan was to turn around the awful missteps of the past decade. If they view AH as one of those missteps, then Snyder should lie in the bed he made. Of course Danny does own the team so he certainly could step in and have final say, but then the obvious question becomes, how is this any different than the past?
I get what you are saying here, but also...

I would have hope that we also hired a coach that can make best use of his players and not try to play them out of position (like playing Orakpo as a 4-3 LB or Landry as a FS). While a player shouldn't be telling a coach what to do, Haynesworth is right, he will be more effective as a 3-4 DE than a NT. Now, Haynesworth still has said that he'll play NT if asked to do so, therefore I don't know why Shanahan should feel that Haynesworth needs to be traded (unless you get a monster deal for him) or why he should feel that Haynesworth is a misstep.

I would lose a little bit of faith in our FO if they tell me that they traded AH just because he didn't want to play a position where he would have been less effective. This is the reason why I feel a lot of people here who criticize AH quickly forget how much they have complained about this team's terrible habit of having players out of position and not using their players to best of their ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket$ $traight View Post
People aren't banging down our door for AH. We are trying to get rid of him in a limited time frame.

Looking to fufill a need in a short time frame = desperation
Which I really don't think our FO needs to be putting themselves in this situation.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-07-2010, 02:11 AM   #197
Special Teams
 
Player_HTTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 329
Re: New possible trade/draft scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket$ $traight View Post
People aren't banging down our door for AH. We are trying to get rid of him in a limited time frame.

Looking to fufill a need in a short time frame = desperation
People weren't banging down the door to take over a inflated contract. Now it is reasonable and there is some value to gain from dealing him. I don't see desperation just "reloading."
Player_HTTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:16 AM   #198
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: New possible trade/draft scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I get what you are saying here, but also...

I would have hope that we also hired a coach that can make best use of his players and not try to play them out of position (like playing Orakpo as a 4-3 LB or Landry as a FS). While a player shouldn't be telling a coach what to do, Haynesworth is right, he will be more effective as a 3-4 DE than a NT. Now, Haynesworth still has said that he'll play NT if asked to do so, therefore I don't know why Shanahan should feel that Haynesworth needs to be traded (unless you get a monster deal for him) or why he should feel that Haynesworth is a misstep.

I would lose a little bit of faith in our FO if they tell me that they traded AH just because he didn't want to play a position where he would have been less effective. This is the reason why I feel a lot of people here who criticize AH quickly forget how much they have complained about this team's terrible habit of having players out of position and not using their players to best of their ability.

Fair points. You reinforce how dicey of a situation this is.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:22 AM   #199
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,696
Re: New possible trade/draft scenarios

I personally think it would be a mistake to trade away Haynesworth. I know he can be a headcase but he's as dominating an interior lineman (even without pulling full effort into it) as the league has seen in years. He's a true difference maker.

That said, while I would personally disagree with the move, what Allen and Shanahan feel is best is what should be done. The Redskins knew what they were getting when they signed AH. Problem is the Redskins that signed him are not the Redskins of now.

I just hope they can get a proven player along with a draft pick or two, not just draft picks in return
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:37 AM   #200
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: New possible trade/draft scenarios

Id rather have at least one proven player as well. I dont trust Shanahan and Allen in the draft.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:41 AM   #201
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: New possible trade/draft scenarios

Why is it that everyone here thinks we are trading Haynesworth because hes some sort of failure, being a troublemaker, or he Shanahan arent currently seeing eye-to-eye on things? In my opinion, all of those ideas are missing the point. Shanahan spent the entire offseason reviewing every snap of every player on our team during thier career here. In doing so, he likely realized a fundamental truth about our team: Our defense is WAAAAY more talented than our offense.

We just trade a 2nd round pick for Donovan McNabb, who will likely be our starting QB for atleast 3-4 more years. However, that immense upgrade at QB wont mean a thing if we dont have a solid offensive line in front of him. Unfortunately, we dont have the draft picks to fix the line and the free agent market was very weak. Since our defense is so much more talented than our offense, doesn't it make more sense to "redistribute the wealth" and trade a defensive player (and one who really doesnt fit our scheme) for a package of picks/players that could infuse our offense with talent?

People say it would be a mistake to trade Haynesworth, but why? Last year, we added Haynesworth and Brian Orakpo to an already solid defense and what did it get us? 4-12. Haynesworth is not some vital cog on our team that we can't afford to lose. Looking at where we are in the draft, there are 27 teams in the NFL who did not have Albert Haynesworth and managed to finish better than we did last year. Neither superbowl team had a player on its roster resembling Haynesworth - what they both had were prolific offenses with franchise quarterbacks.

Our defense played well enough to win games before we signed Haynesworth. It has the potential to do the same after we trade him. That said, being realistic, our defense probably wont be dominant in 2010 - with or without Big Al, since we're switching to the 3-4 and dont really have the personnel for that system. Again - thats where the picks and players we will acquire in trading Haynesworth will help the team in the short- and long-term.

To a 4-3 team that already has most of the pieces in place to make a superbowl run, Haynesworth has tremendous value. To us, the picks and players we could acquire in exchange for him are more valuable than he is.

Simply put,

Haynesworthless defense + Donovan McNabb + Upgraded Offensive Line and maybe a playmaking WR = playoff contender.

Jason Campbell + less picks + Haynesworth in the 3-4 = high 2011 draft pick.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:51 AM   #202
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,277
Re: New possible trade/draft scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Why is it that everyone here thinks we are trading Haynesworth because hes some sort of failure, being a troublemaker, or he Shanahan arent currently seeing eye-to-eye on things? In my opinion, all of those ideas are missing the point. Shanahan spent the entire offseason reviewing every snap of every player on our team during thier career here. In doing so, he likely realized a fundamental truth about our team: Our defense is WAAAAY more talented than our offense.

We just trade a 2nd round pick for Donovan McNabb, who will likely be our starting QB for atleast 3-4 more years. However, that immense upgrade at QB wont mean a thing if we dont have a solid offensive line in front of him. Unfortunately, we dont have the draft picks to fix the line and the free agent market was very weak. Since our defense is so much more talented than our offense, doesn't it make more sense to "redistribute the wealth" and trade a defensive player (and one who really doesnt fit our scheme) for a package of picks/players that could infuse our offense with talent?

People say it would be a mistake to trade Haynesworth, but why? Last year, we added Haynesworth and Brian Orakpo to an already solid defense and what did it get us? 4-12. Haynesworth is not some vital cog on our team that we can't afford to lose. Looking at where we are in the draft, there are 27 teams in the NFL who did not have Albert Haynesworth and managed to finish better than we did last year. Neither superbowl team had a player on its roster resembling Haynesworth - what they both had were prolific offenses with franchise quarterbacks.

Our defense played well enough to win games before we signed Haynesworth. It has the potential to do the same after we trade him. That said, being realistic, our defense probably wont be dominant in 2010 - with or without Big Al, since we're switching to the 3-4 and dont really have the personnel for that system. Again - thats where the picks and players we will acquire in trading Haynesworth will help the team in the short- and long-term.

To a 4-3 team that already has most of the pieces in place to make a superbowl run, Haynesworth has tremendous value. To us, the picks and players we could acquire in exchange for him are more valuable than he is.

Simply put,

Haynesworthless defense + Donovan McNabb + Upgraded Offensive Line and maybe a playmaking WR = playoff contender.

Jason Campbell + less picks + Haynesworth in the 3-4 = high 2011 draft pick.
I'll take the first option, thank ya very much.
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:39 AM   #203
The Starter
 
DBUCHANON101's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,373
Re: New possible trade/draft scenarios

If the SKins are talking to Flozell "False Start" Adams then it makes you wonder which player thats not a OT in the draft they are sliding towards.
McClain?
Dez?
Berry? -if possible-
Haden?
top RB prospect? -not likely but could happen i guess-
Marshall trade with number 4?
__________________
But there's booze in the blender. And soon it will render. That frozen concoction that helps me hang on.
DBUCHANON101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:42 AM   #204
The Starter
 
SUNRA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,680
Re: New possible trade/draft scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
I have no idea who will be traded for more picks...but it's going to happen.

I think Bruce Allen is going to give us a wild ride on draft day.

He better...we need Okung but he's not the only player we need.
Let me throw some names out there: Laron Landry, Andre Carter, Carlos Rodgers and Albert Haynesworth. Teams are interested in our defensive players and some will be dealt.
__________________
Redskins Member since 1970
SUNRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:52 AM   #205
The Starter
 
DBUCHANON101's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,373
Re: New possible trade/draft scenarios

AH is going NOWHERE.. the Skins would have to pay him too much to watch him play for another team.. not gonna happen.
__________________
But there's booze in the blender. And soon it will render. That frozen concoction that helps me hang on.
DBUCHANON101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:53 AM   #206
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,663
Re: New possible trade/draft scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBUCHANON101 View Post
If the SKins are talking to Flozell "False Start" Adams then it makes you wonder which player thats not a OT in the draft they are sliding towards.
McClain?
Dez?
Berry? -if possible-
Haden?
top RB prospect? -not likely but could happen i guess-
Marshall trade with number 4?
Maybe. But Flozell is getting older. We could sign Flozell (ugh) for depth and still draft Okung.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:57 AM   #207
Playmaker
 
SkinzWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,725
Re: New possible trade/draft scenarios

Or maybe they move flozell over to right tackle...
__________________
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Draft winners, not stars.

Hail to the Redskins
Hail victory
Braves on the warpath
Block for RG3
SkinzWin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:02 AM   #208
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,277
Re: New possible trade/draft scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
Or maybe they move flozell over to right tackle...
he was still a fuckin' cowboy. There is a reason they let him go. Plz dont take sloppy seconds from the cowboys.......its against all thats holy and right with the world.
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:04 AM   #209
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,392
Re: New possible trade/draft scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
he was still a fuckin' cowboy. There is a reason they let him go. Plz dont take sloppy seconds from the cowboys.......its against all thats holy and right with the world.
Amen!
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:05 AM   #210
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,743
Re: New possible trade/draft scenarios

ESPN: Campbell Agent Blasts 'Skins Front Office - Says Campbell Going to 'Boys
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.53151 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25