Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


McNabb a Redskin! (Part II)

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2010, 11:14 PM   #331
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 84,631
Re: McNabb a Redskin! (Part II)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Well, ok then. Thank you for the update.
It was news to me too, they were adamant that there are no issues between them
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-06-2010, 11:29 PM   #332
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: McNabb a Redskin! (Part II)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
I continue to maintain that the McNabb trade was surprising (for sure!) but not Madden-esque. There's a difference between surprising and crazy.

Let me just say had I came on here a month ago and said lets trade and pick up McNabb people would have told me to stop playing Madden. So I disagree with you it was Madden-esque. As a matter of fact when he was being reported as being shopped I could have sworn I saw someone post saying we should pick him up and people said he won't be a Skin. Something about the Eagles want too much for him.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:31 PM   #333
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,571
Re: McNabb a Redskin! (Part II)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Let me just say had I came on here a month ago and said lets trade and pick up McNabb people would have told me to stop playing Madden. So I disagree with you it was Madden-esque. As a matter of fact when he was being reported as being shopped I could have sworn I saw someone post saying we should pick him up and people said he won't be a Skin. Something about the Eagles want too much for him.
I think back then a lot of us thought that the Eagles wanted a 1st and something else. Especially back when Andy Reid still had his balls and actually had a much of a saying.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:34 PM   #334
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: McNabb a Redskin! (Part II)

One of my favorite Donovan jokes which I can hopefully no longer say...
"Donovan: Mama why do you always feed me Chunky soup out of the can?
Mama McNabb: Because whenever you get close to a bowl you choke!"
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:47 PM   #335
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,277
Re: McNabb a Redskin! (Part II)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johno View Post
i would be more than happy to give up a 3rd if we get 9 wins. 9 wins would be amazing. i dont think that is realistic, but possible.
LOL, could you please repeat that sentence for me???

ps. - think about what you're saying.......hahahahaha!!!!!
good laugh, good times!
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:13 AM   #336
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: McNabb a Redskin! (Part II)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
LOL, could you please repeat that sentence for me???

ps. - think about what you're saying.......hahahahaha!!!!!
good laugh, good times!
I didn't get it, but I'm guessing you liked Beavis and Butthead.

On the original note with Shanahan I would presume we would do better then 9 wins. I don't expect it but I feel Shanahan is better then 8-8. We have talent but we just needed a HC who knows how to utilize it.

Unless McNabb has one hell of a season I don't see Pro bowl next yrs future.

Play offs might be the the second reason it turns into a 3rd.

I think my issue with the whole thing is I just hate the other QB's with in the NFCE. Giving up a second and next yrs 3rd or 4th for McNabb was not a bad deal considering his abilities. I just can't bring myself to liking him whole heartedly since he has been the enemy for so many yrs.

Clearly he has been welcomed in DC better then he was in Philli with all the Boo's. Maybe we should boo him game one coming out of the tunnel as a sarcastic joke to Philli. Then the rest of the season cheer his ass.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:28 AM   #337
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,400
Re: McNabb a Redskin! (Part II)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Wait!!! How can he be a top 10/Pro Bowl QB unless he shows fire and determination?!? If he's not shouting and passionate he can't be a real leader.
NICE. :thumb:
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:02 AM   #338
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: McNabb a Redskin! (Part II)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrMitchell View Post
Anyone else feel dissapointed with McNabb's press conference? Jeez it sounds like Jason Campbell has much more dedication/commitment to playing this season. Not that that covers up his lack of throwing abilities, but I really didn't feel the McNabb vibe today.

When did Campbell talk about those things? He usually puts me to sleep when I hear him talk.

I liked what McNabb talked about. He talked about his goals, didn't shy away from high expectations and promised leadership.

Mike S. said "leadership" just about every other word.

Any other questions why JC isn't our QB next year? Lack of Leadership
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:19 AM   #339
Registered User
 
44ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Fortune Teller
Posts: 2,512
Re: McNabb a Redskin! (Part II)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
I didn't get it, but I'm guessing you liked Beavis and Butthead.

On the original note with Shanahan I would presume we would do better then 9 wins. I don't expect it but I feel Shanahan is better then 8-8. We have talent but we just needed a HC who knows how to utilize it.

Unless McNabb has one hell of a season I don't see Pro bowl next yrs future.

Play offs might be the the second reason it turns into a 3rd.

I think my issue with the whole thing is I just hate the other QB's with in the NFCE. Giving up a second and next yrs 3rd or 4th for McNabb was not a bad deal considering his abilities. I just can't bring myself to liking him whole heartedly since he has been the enemy for so many yrs.

Clearly he has been welcomed in DC better then he was in Philli with all the Boo's. Maybe we should boo him game one coming out of the tunnel as a sarcastic joke to Philli. Then the rest of the season cheer his ass.
44ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:24 AM   #340
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,968
Re: McNabb a Redskin! (Part II)

Well,

Here's another take on the trade:
Pro Football Articles Opinion & Fantasy - Football Diner
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:35 AM   #341
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,979
Re: McNabb a Redskin! (Part II)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrMitchell View Post
Anyone else feel dissapointed with McNabb's press conference? Jeez it sounds like Jason Campbell has much more dedication/commitment to playing this season. Not that that covers up his lack of throwing abilities, but I really didn't feel the McNabb vibe today.
The guys been at one place his whole career and just got traded to a division rivial. Let him get use to being here and let him get his feet wet. Did you hear him say he was already working out that am and was going to start throwing to his new teammates today?
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:45 AM   #342
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,277
Re: McNabb a Redskin! (Part II)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
The guys been at one place his whole career and just got traded to a division rivial. Let him get use to being here and let him get his feet wet. Did you hear him say he was already working out that am and was going to start throwing to his new teammates today?
maybe some of that work ethic will rub off on Haynesworthless.
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:04 PM   #343
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: McNabb a Redskin! (Part II)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
What were u supposed to feel? A rise in your pants?
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:36 PM   #344
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,277
Re: McNabb a Redskin! (Part II)

You know who's really got class, Donovan McNabb. I would be pissed if my team treated me like the eagles did him. And how he kept his composure without busting T.O right in his teeth on the sidelines in some of those games, shoot.........Intestinal Fortitude as well, dealing with those fuckin fans.
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:45 PM   #345
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: McNabb a Redskin! (Part II)

D.C. Sports Bog - McNabb causes Fletcher to talk Super Bowl

Quote:
"The excitement with our team began with the adding of Bruce Allen as the General Manager last year at the end of the season. Then it continued and got even higher when we added Mike Shanahan as the head football coach. So now we come in and they make all of the other moves they made in this offseason and then you trade for a Donovan McNabb, a six-time Pro Bowl quarterback, a guy who has taken his team to five NFC Championships and one Super Bowl appearance. You talk about excitemen. Before we were thinking, 'Ok, Let's compete for a division championship.' No. Now, we are thinking, 'Let's compete for a Super Bowl.' So just to let you know how things have changed around here."
emphasis mine.
__________________
Analysis using datasets (aka stats) is an attempt at reverse-engineering a player's "goodness".

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.35903 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25