Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Donovan McNabb: The New Face of The Redskins

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2010, 11:26 AM   #106
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,666
Re: Donovan McNabb: The New Face of The Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
If the name bold that's the team the player is inducted under. Jerry Rice is a 49er...period!
Reggie White's name is bolded for both the Eagles and Packers. Just give it up.

And here's the process from the HOF website:

Quote:
Is a New Hall of Fame Member Enshrined as a Member of a Team?

Obviously, teams take great pride in the accomplishments of individuals who have been a part of their organization. Often individual teams and even the Hall of Fame will list enshrinees according to the team or teams on which they spent a significant period of time. An enshrinee, however, is not asked to “declare,” nor does the Hall of Fame “choose” a team under which a new member is enshrined. When elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, an individual is recognized for his accomplishments as a player, coach, or contributor.
Like I said, give it up.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-06-2010, 11:30 AM   #107
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,195
Re: Donovan McNabb: The New Face of The Redskins

You usually know all, saden. But in this case not so much.

Quote:
Enshrinees do not go into the Pro Football Hall of Fame as a member of a certain team. Rather, all of an inductee's affiliations are listed equally.[6] While the Baseball Hall of Fame plaques generally depict each of their inductees wearing a particular club's cap (with a few exceptions, such as Catfish Hunter), the bust sculptures of each Pro Football Hall of Fame inductee make no reference to any specific team. In addition to the bust that goes on permanent display at the Hall of Fame, inductees receive a distinctive gold jacket and previous inductees nearly always wear theirs when participating at new inductee ceremonies.

Pro Football Hall of Fame - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quote:
Is a New Hall of Fame Member Enshrined as a Member of a Team?

Obviously, teams take great pride in the accomplishments of individuals who have been a part of their organization. Often individual teams and even the Hall of Fame will list enshrinees according to the team or teams on which they spent a significant period of time. An enshrinee, however, is not asked to “declare,” nor does the Hall of Fame “choose” a team under which a new member is enshrined. When elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, an individual is recognized for his accomplishments as a player, coach, or contributor.

Hall of Famers: Selection Process FAQ
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:32 AM   #108
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: Donovan McNabb: The New Face of The Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Reggie White's name is bolded for both the Eagles and Packers. Just give it up.

And here's the process from the HOF website:



Like I said, give it up.
I will do no such thing. Reggie White is a Packer. I refuse to believe the Seahawks have anybody but Steve Largent as their HoF player. Also, you think Deion Sanders is a Redskins HoFer?
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:34 AM   #109
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,666
Re: Donovan McNabb: The New Face of The Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I will do no such thing. Reggie White is a Packer. I refuse to believe the Seahawks have anybody but Steve Largent as their HoF player. Also, you think Deion Sanders is a Redskins HoFer?
Just stating the facts. Be sure to write to the Football Hall of Fame if you're so concerned about it.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:35 AM   #110
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,270
Re: Donovan McNabb: The New Face of The Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I know that they list the teams the player played for but that doesn't mean he isn't associated with one team. Jackson played 13 out of 15 years with the Saints...he's a Saint and inducted as a Saint regardless of what teams are listed besides his name.
Wow, we had THREE GUYS NAMED Albert Glen (Turk) Edwards, all in the HOF!


How about we end the ongoing argument with "McNabb's best years and biggest accomplishments may be remembered as a Redskin".

He was NEVER going to win with Philly.

__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:39 AM   #111
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: Donovan McNabb: The New Face of The Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
You usually know all, saden. But in this case not so much.


I'm making an argument that the HoF has an implicit induction which even fans recognize. Like I said, Bruce Smith is a Bill (did you see what team he gushed over in his induction speech? It wasn't the Redskins), Deion Sanders is a Cowboy, Jerry Rice is a 49er, Brett Farv is a Packer, so on and so on.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:41 AM   #112
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: Donovan McNabb: The New Face of The Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Just stating the facts. Be sure to write to the Football Hall of Fame if you're so concerned about it.
I'm not concerned about it, I already know.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:41 AM   #113
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,195
Re: Donovan McNabb: The New Face of The Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I'm making an argument that the HoF has an implicit induction which even fans recognize. Like I said, Bruce Smith is a Bill (did you see what team he gushed over in his induction speech? It wasn't the Redskins), Deion Sanders is a Cowboy, Jerry Rice is a 49er, Brett Farv is a Packer, so on and so on.
I get what you're saying, but technically you are still wrong. Sure these guys will be known for playing for a certain team, but they are not officially inducted that way as baseball does.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:43 AM   #114
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,666
Re: Donovan McNabb: The New Face of The Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I'm not concerned about it, I already know.
Just pointing out that you are wrong. One thing is to have an opinion about something, and you're right, (on the opinion that) certain players are known for being in certain teams. However....

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Let's not get ahead of ourselves but if we do I'm pretty sure he would enter the HoF as an Eagle. I mean, look at Ricky Jackson of the 2010 class, he won a SB with the 49ers in his last season in the league but he choose to be inducted as a Saint.
In this case you were wrong, because as the HOF site explains it, nominees are not asked to choose a team. The way you explain this, makes it sound like the process for the Baseball HOF.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:45 AM   #115
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,405
Re: Donovan McNabb: The New Face of The Redskins

The "PRE" presser is on ComCast right now. The presser should start in 15-20 minutes.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:46 AM   #116
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,109
Re: Donovan McNabb: The New Face of The Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I will do no such thing. Reggie White is a Packer. I refuse to believe the Seahawks have anybody but Steve Largent as their HoF player. Also, you think Deion Sanders is a Redskins HoFer?
Interesting. So Reggie White who spent more years in Philly than the Packers is a Packer...yet you wouldn't consider McNabb a Redskin?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:49 AM   #117
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,270
Re: Donovan McNabb: The New Face of The Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Interesting. So Reggie White who spent more years in Philly than the Packers is a Packer...yet you wouldn't consider McNabb a Redskin?
Back to my suggestion...if McNabb wins it all in B&G, he could be remembered more for his success as a Redskins.


Funny how Philadelphia is being demoted in both of these situations. They will never win a Lombardi.


Of course it's not official, but if he finally gets over his "can't win the big game" reputation here...it will be a huge part of his legacy and could put him over the top if there is any debate about his HOF resume.


Sure, Reggie White was GREAT on the Eagles, but a lot of people think of him as a Packer first, because that's where he had his greatest success.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:51 AM   #118
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,666
Re: Donovan McNabb: The New Face of The Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Back to my suggestion...if McNabb wins it all in B&G, he could be remembered more for his success as a Redskins.


Funny how Philadelphia is being demoted in both of these situations. They will never win a Lombardi.


Of course it's not official, but if he finally gets over his "can't win the big game" reputation here...it will be a huge part of his legacy.
Tough question....although if he does win a Super Bowl with the Redskins, I would say that this would be high profile enough for him to be remembered more as a Redskins. And it seems that Philly fans are very divided in regards to McNabb. Still, I don't think you'd get a straight answer, though good question.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:53 AM   #119
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: Donovan McNabb: The New Face of The Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Interesting. So Reggie White who spent more years in Philly than the Packers is a Packer...yet you wouldn't consider McNabb a Redskin?
Well, White had tangible success with the Packers. It's still unknown whether McNabb will pull an Elway as we've only had him for two days. IF he does though, who knows.....
__________________
Analysis using datasets (aka stats) is an attempt at reverse-engineering a player's "goodness".

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:53 AM   #120
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: Donovan McNabb: The New Face of The Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Just pointing out that you are wrong. One thing is to have an opinion about something, and you're right, (on the opinion that) certain players are known for being in certain teams. However....



In this case you were wrong, because as the HOF site explains it, nominees are not asked to choose a team. The way you explain this, makes it sound like the process for the Baseball HOF.
With the way Jackson was gushing over the Saints win and the fact that he watched the SB from Saints owner Tom Benson's box it's a no brainer who is his team. Football HoF is not like baseball, I'll admit that but lets not act like players and fans don't assign teams to themselves/them.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.34865 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25