Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Campbell will now stay away from Redskins Park

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2010, 12:35 PM   #31
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,400
Re: Campbell will now stay away from Redskins Park

The worse thing that happened to JC was Gibbs liked him and traded up to get him. He's gone through career hell with this organization. I wish him the best because he's a decent human being. But I personally believe he knew what was going on and even if he didn't it's not like he's been the face of the franchise and would be treated as such. If he's going to be traded I hope it happens quickly so we can get on with it.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-06-2010, 12:37 PM   #32
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,967
Re: Campbell will now stay away from Redskins Park

Worse thing is probably that Gibbs left him. Either way though, I agree that perhaps the expectations of him were unreasonably high considering what we gave up to get him.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:47 PM   #33
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,400
Re: Campbell will now stay away from Redskins Park

Presser should start in 15-20 minutes. Kelly Johnson is talking to Mike Williams right now on ComCast.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:23 PM   #34
Special Teams
 
Audi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 104
Re: Campbell will now stay away from Redskins Park

I think Jason Campbell was treated better than most quarterbacks.

He was provided in chronological order:

- A 1500 yard receiver. (Santana Moss)
- A 1500 yard runningback. (Clinton Portis)
- A stud tight end. (Chris Cooley)
- A HOF coach. (Joe Gibbs)
- A highly-regarded defensive coordinator. (Gregg Williams)
- A solid offensive line. (2006, 2007, 1/2 of 2008)
- Time on the bench to learn, instead of being thrown to the wolves.
- A highly-regarded offensive coordinator. (Al Saunders)
- He was designated as 3rd string his first two years but given the opportunity to leapfrog Todd Collins. (2006)
- A playoff team (2007).
- A good defense (2007, 2008, 2009).
- Unquestioned as starter (2007, 2008, 2009).
- A coach committed to Jason Campbell (Jim Zorn).

Please, can anyone name any other quarterback who lost as much as Jason Campbell in 52 starts that was treated better?

And obviously some people want to use the hiring of Al Saunders as some sort of obstacle in Jason Campbell's career, so why would anyone want to give him the benefit of the doubt with the hiring of the Shanahans?
Audi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:29 PM   #35
Camp Scrub
 
Bakerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 21
Re: Campbell will now stay away from Redskins Park

Jason is a nice man.

We need a QB and I for one don't care if he's nice or not. McNabb is a band-aid for 3 -4- yrs. until Shanny gets who he wants.

Football is not about treating player or fans with respect. I've learned that much ever since Jack Kent Cooke expired.
Bakerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:55 PM   #36
The Starter
 
SolidSnake84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stephens City, VA
Posts: 1,917
Re: Campbell will now stay away from Redskins Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi View Post
What about Todd Collins. After all he's done for this franchise, he just gets cut!!!!

No respect, I tell ya!
Collins i feel deserves at least a little respect, maybe moreso than JC, because he stepped in and won 4 straight games and took us to the playoffs.

That right there is more than Campbell ever did in DC. That being said, business is business. There was no upside in a 38 year old backup quarterback, unless he was trying to be our Brett Favre....
__________________
Time to nut up or shut up
SolidSnake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:57 PM   #37
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 37
Posts: 2,906
Re: Campbell will now stay away from Redskins Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi View Post
I think Jason Campbell was treated better than most quarterbacks.

He was provided in chronological order:

- A 1500 yard receiver. (Santana Moss)
- A 1500 yard runningback. (Clinton Portis)
- A stud tight end. (Chris Cooley)
- A HOF coach. (Joe Gibbs)
- A highly-regarded defensive coordinator. (Gregg Williams)
- A solid offensive line. (2006, 2007, 1/2 of 2008)
- Time on the bench to learn, instead of being thrown to the wolves.
- A highly-regarded offensive coordinator. (Al Saunders)
- He was designated as 3rd string his first two years but given the opportunity to leapfrog Todd Collins. (2006)
- A playoff team (2007).
- A good defense (2007, 2008, 2009).
- Unquestioned as starter (2007, 2008, 2009).
- A coach committed to Jason Campbell (Jim Zorn).

Please, can anyone name any other quarterback who lost as much as Jason Campbell in 52 starts that was treated better?

And obviously some people want to use the hiring of Al Saunders as some sort of obstacle in Jason Campbell's career, so why would anyone want to give him the benefit of the doubt with the hiring of the Shanahans?
When you put it like that . . . no tears for Soup.
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:02 PM   #38
The Starter
 
SolidSnake84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stephens City, VA
Posts: 1,917
Re: Campbell will now stay away from Redskins Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Worse thing is probably that Gibbs left him. Either way though, I agree that perhaps the expectations of him were unreasonably high considering what we gave up to get him.
Hey Smoot i don't normally disagree with you man, but When Gibbs had his retirement press conference, he stated clearly that had he stayed on, he would have had a training camp battle between Todd Collins, and Jason Campbell, so clearly his loyalty at that point to Campbell took a backseat to what was best for the football team.

Gibbs had a reputation for sticking with his QBs while they were struggling, but even he would eventually relent and bench someone when it clearly wasn't working. Look at Brunell in 2004, benched after 9 games. In 2005 Brunell came back and had a Monster Year. In 2006, after winning only 3 games, Brunell was benched. Even more, Gibbs said he thought about benching Campbell in 2007 even before his knee injury....
__________________
Time to nut up or shut up
SolidSnake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:06 PM   #39
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: Campbell will now stay away from Redskins Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Can't argue with a man who's been a fan since 1987!!!! ....sigh
lol I was kicking on the door during the Super Bowl party my parents were at so that I could come in and watch the game.. I'll still never forgive them for that, leaving me in the fucking game room with no TV

I was 4
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:10 PM   #40
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,811
Re: Campbell will now stay away from Redskins Park

Not surprising that he's not going to Redskin Park. No big deal. I think what JC is going to find is there isn't a market out there for him to be a starter. Carolina is going w/ Moore, Oakland and Buffalo are maybes but does he really want to go to those two places? Ralph Wilson is nuts and their organization isn't stable. Oakland is a complete joke. IMO his best bet is to come back here and compete w/ Grossman and learn from Shanahan and co.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:11 PM   #41
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,967
Re: Campbell will now stay away from Redskins Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
Hey Smoot i don't normally disagree with you man, but When Gibbs had his retirement press conference, he stated clearly that had he stayed on, he would have had a training camp battle between Todd Collins, and Jason Campbell, so clearly his loyalty at that point to Campbell took a backseat to what was best for the football team.

Gibbs had a reputation for sticking with his QBs while they were struggling, but even he would eventually relent and bench someone when it clearly wasn't working. Look at Brunell in 2004, benched after 9 games. In 2005 Brunell came back and had a Monster Year. In 2006, after winning only 3 games, Brunell was benched. Even more, Gibbs said he thought about benching Campbell in 2007 even before his knee injury....
I meant more in terms of the chaos the ensued when Gibbs left...but let's not turn this thread into a Gibbs/Zorn transition discussion
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:15 PM   #42
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,967
Re: Campbell will now stay away from Redskins Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Not surprising that he's not going to Redskin Park. No big deal. I think what JC is going to find is there isn't a market out there for him to be a starter. Carolina is going w/ Moore, Oakland and Buffalo are maybes but does he really want to go to those two places? Ralph Wilson is nuts and their organization isn't stable. Oakland is a complete joke. IMO his best bet is to come back here and compete w/ Grossman and learn from Shanahan and co.
Right now I don't think he's especially interested in Buffalo and Oakland, but who knows. Panthers only made a one year commitment to Moore so he may not be the long-term answer. San Fran is also a possibility, I don't think they're truly committed to Alex Smith
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:18 PM   #43
The Starter
 
Redskin Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 1,525
Re: Campbell will now stay away from Redskins Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi View Post
I think Jason Campbell was treated better than most quarterbacks.

He was provided in chronological order:

- A 1500 yard receiver. (Santana Moss)
- A 1500 yard runningback. (Clinton Portis)
- A stud tight end. (Chris Cooley)
- A HOF coach. (Joe Gibbs)
- A highly-regarded defensive coordinator. (Gregg Williams)
- A solid offensive line. (2006, 2007, 1/2 of 2008)
- Time on the bench to learn, instead of being thrown to the wolves.
- A highly-regarded offensive coordinator. (Al Saunders)
- He was designated as 3rd string his first two years but given the opportunity to leapfrog Todd Collins. (2006)
- A playoff team (2007).
- A good defense (2007, 2008, 2009).
- Unquestioned as starter (2007, 2008, 2009).
- A coach committed to Jason Campbell (Jim Zorn).

Please, can anyone name any other quarterback who lost as much as Jason Campbell in 52 starts that was treated better?

And obviously some people want to use the hiring of Al Saunders as some sort of obstacle in Jason Campbell's career, so why would anyone want to give him the benefit of the doubt with the hiring of the Shanahans?
What Jason & the Redskins didn't have prior to this year is organizational stability without that everything else is irrelevant.
__________________
WIN, LOSE OR DRAW I'M A DIE-HARD REDSKIN FAN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
First they ban winning...now this?
Redskin Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:23 PM   #44
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,733
Re: Campbell will now stay away from Redskins Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
Collins i feel deserves at least a little respect, maybe moreso than JC, because he stepped in and won 4 straight games and took us to the playoffs.

That right there is more than Campbell ever did in DC. That being said, business is business. There was no upside in a 38 year old backup quarterback, unless he was trying to be our Brett Favre....
Not only did Collins take us to the playoffs but we were poised to make a Super Bowl run. Unfortunately a few bad bounces worked against us in Seattle and we were shown an early exit but I feel like that team could have easily made it to the Super Bowl. They were that hot.

Also, did anyone realize that Todd Collins was a second round pick?
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:25 PM   #45
Special Teams
 
Audi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 104
Re: Campbell will now stay away from Redskins Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin Warrior View Post
What Jason & the Redskins didn't have prior to this year is organizational stability without that everything else is irrelevant.
What is organizational stability? What if Donovan McNabb or any other Redskins quarterback goes 6-10 (to approximately tie Campbell's .385 winning percentage) or better on a completely new Redskins team?

Why would Donovan McNabb or Rex Grossman or Colt Brennan be able to match Jason Campbell despite the lack of organizational stability?
Audi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29858 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25