Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Can Colt Brennan beat Rex Grossman for number 2 spot

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2010, 06:52 PM   #121
The Starter
 
DBUCHANON101's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,373
Re: Can Colt Brennan beat Rex Grossman for number 2 spot

We'll see how training camp and the preseason goes. May the best man win.
__________________
But there's booze in the blender. And soon it will render. That frozen concoction that helps me hang on.
DBUCHANON101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-07-2010, 06:59 PM   #122
The Starter
 
DBUCHANON101's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,373
Re: Can Colt Brennan beat Rex Grossman for number 2 spot

But i gotta say, after watching those vids im a little more confident that he can beat out Rex.
__________________
But there's booze in the blender. And soon it will render. That frozen concoction that helps me hang on.
DBUCHANON101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:18 PM   #123
Camp Scrub
 
internetcareer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Alexandria
Posts: 89
Re: Can Colt Brennan beat Rex Grossman for number 2 spot

I get the feeling Shanny has his mind made up about Colt Brennen. McNabb is the starter and Grossman is the backup. I get the feeling they will trade Campbell if they can get at least a 4th round pick for him. Then Brennen is stuck competing for a roster spot with either a drafted QB or a pickup from another club. I just have a 6th sense that Shanny does not even consider Colt and option for anything more than camp fodder and mop-up duty in preseason games. I hope Colt doesn't read this because I think he really feels like he has a chance to perform and its not happening.
internetcareer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:42 PM   #124
Special Teams
 
TenandSix:Unacceptable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 324
Re: Can Colt Brennan beat Rex Grossman for number 2 spot

OP:

"No."
TenandSix:Unacceptable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:05 PM   #125
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,277
Re: Can Colt Brennan beat Rex Grossman for number 2 spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetcareer View Post
I get the feeling Shanny has his mind made up about Colt Brennen. McNabb is the starter and Grossman is the backup. I get the feeling they will trade Campbell if they can get at least a 4th round pick for him. Then Brennen is stuck competing for a roster spot with either a drafted QB or a pickup from another club. I just have a 6th sense that Shanny does not even consider Colt and option for anything more than camp fodder and mop-up duty in preseason games. I hope Colt doesn't read this because I think he really feels like he has a chance to perform and its not happening.
The possibility that we will only get a 3rd or 4th rounder for a top 25 pick, and a quarterback at that, hurts..........Jeez, I hope these guys draft better than our previous geniuses.

(Not that we can really weigh in on or evaluate this years draft, with one pick in the top 105.)
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:12 PM   #126
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,400
Re: Can Colt Brennan beat Rex Grossman for number 2 spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBUCHANON101 View Post
COLTSMACK has a nice ring to it.
I think CJSmack has a better chance.....if we can get him.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:39 PM   #127
Camp Scrub
 
internetcareer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Alexandria
Posts: 89
Re: Can Colt Brennan beat Rex Grossman for number 2 spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
The possibility that we will only get a 3rd or 4th rounder for a top 25 pick, and a quarterback at that, hurts..........Jeez, I hope these guys draft better than our previous geniuses.

(Not that we can really weigh in on or evaluate this years draft, with one pick in the top 105.)
well good news. We are already drafting better. We just traded a 2nd round pick for a H.O.F quarterback who has 4 good years left. Now its up to Bruce Allen to put together a 4-5 year contract that will keep McNabb here.

We don't have a 3rd pick in this years draft because it was used on Jarmon. Actually that was a good move...could turn out to be a great move.

Next years 3rd is gone also, just to get McNabb....and so the end result is that Joe Gibbs sold a bunch of draft picks including this years number 2 and next years number 3 just to get a QB that is worthless. Joe Gibbs also traded TWO number 1 picks in order to move up and take Desmond Howard. Gibbs should NEVER have been allowed to have control of the draft, and by adding Vinnie Cerrato into that mix....geeeeesh. Is it any wonder we don't have an offensive line and we have stunk at QB for years.
internetcareer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:16 PM   #128
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: Can Colt Brennan beat Rex Grossman for number 2 spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootergray34 View Post
Really...i'm a double major in business and computer science...what do you do? You don't know anything about me. And, just b/c I think it's dumb to think that grossman is a worse QB than CB doesn't mean i'm dumb...it means i'm voicing my opinion.

As Homer Simpson would say, "Hey, how 'bout that".

But what if your opinion is dumb? ;-)
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:17 PM   #129
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,342
Re: Can Colt Brennan beat Rex Grossman for number 2 spot

Here's a random thought on PJ15 now....what if we work some kind of trade for Brandon Marshall, what number will Brennan switch to then??? Would he be the first player in NFL history to switch numbers twice in the offseason? At least he'd be in the record books for something besides the "Most Awesomest Rookie Preseason Performace EVER". :smashfrea
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:23 PM   #130
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,733
Re: Can Colt Brennan beat Rex Grossman for number 2 spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootergray34 View Post
Really...i'm a double major in business and computer science...what do you do? You don't know anything about me. And, just b/c I think it's dumb to think that grossman is a worse QB than CB doesn't mean i'm dumb...it means i'm voicing my opinion.
Well now we know that you're a double major in computer science and business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
I think CJSmack has a better chance.....if we can get him.
Actually the thing is we're suppose to get a franchise moderator in here soon named Smootsmack. I wonder if Smoot would be willing to step aside and give his number...er screen name.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:58 AM   #131
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: Can Colt Brennan beat Rex Grossman for number 2 spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBUCHANON101 View Post
But i gotta say, after watching those vids im a little more confident that he can beat out Rex.
Those videos have nothing to do with what we have in Grossman. It does show that the Rabach family produces some questionable centers though.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.24892 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25