Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Schefter: "Skins NOT shopping Big Al"

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2010, 09:29 AM   #1
Special Teams
 
REDSKINZ-RIDEORDIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 218
Schefter: "Skins NOT shopping Big Al"

Adam_Schefter: Despite rampant speculation, Redskins NOT shopping Albert Haynesworth and haven't had any trade discussions regarding him since March 31.
REDSKINZ-RIDEORDIE is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-07-2010, 09:40 AM   #2
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: Schefter: "Skins NOT shopping Big Al"

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINZ-RIDEORDIE View Post
Adam_Schefter: Despite rampant speculation, Redskins NOT shopping Albert Haynesworth and haven't had any trade discussions regarding him since March 31.
TBH....it's strange to even hear talk about trading a player you've just paid 21 mil$ with even more due in the coming months....Link!
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:50 AM   #3
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,849
Re: Schefter: "Skins NOT shopping Big Al"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
TBH....it's strange to even hear talk about trading a player you've just paid 21 mil$ with even more due in the coming months....Link!
This is from Twitter.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:54 AM   #4
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,538
Re: Schefter: "Skins NOT shopping Big Al"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
This is from Twitter.
With Twitter and Wikipedia who needs "real" sources anymore!
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:55 AM   #5
Playmaker
 
SkinzWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,693
Re: Schefter: "Skins NOT shopping Big Al"

Short article about it on espn.com
__________________
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Draft winners, not stars.

Hail to the Redskins
Hail victory
Braves on the warpath
Block for RG3
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:12 AM   #6
Special Teams
 
Dlyne8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The ATL
Posts: 470
Re: Schefter: "Skins NOT shopping Big Al"

Just saw Schefter say this on TV a few moments ago. But who knows, maybe DS trades AH for attorney fees or a nice new car before the draft. Can't believe ANYTHING right now!
__________________
Charmed your drug addled candor knows no bounds
Dlyne8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:36 AM   #7
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Schefter: "Skins NOT shopping Big Al"

only fools would take anything schefter says at face value.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:42 AM   #8
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,278
Re: Schefter: "Skins NOT shopping Big Al"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
only fools would take anything schefter says at face value.
??

He's one of the more reliable and informed sources out there. Especially when it comes to Shanahan.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:46 AM   #9
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Schefter: "Skins NOT shopping Big Al"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
??

He's one of the more reliable and informed sources out there. Especially when it comes to Shanahan.
Because of his relationship with Shanahan, he can't be trusted. Schefter reports what Shanahan tells him. Shanahan has no reason to be truthful about anything. The fact that only Schefter is reporting that Haynesworth is NOT on the market, while Claton, Reid, and JLC all say that he is, only confirms that he is indeed available.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:51 AM   #10
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Schefter: "Skins NOT shopping Big Al"

Schefter is a pretty accurate media source. However it's not the fact that the Skins are not actively shopping AH right now thats the issue, it's the fact the Skins even tried period.

The Eagles say the Skins tried to shop AH in the deal for McNabb. That was after March 31st. So was there a first offering prior to March 31st with AH shopped to them and they refused, or is everyone lieing about the fact that the deal started 4 days prior to Easter Sun.?

or was AH shopped to another team prior to March 31st and for who or why was he shopped?

Lastely if AH was shopped goes to show the team is not at odds about trading AH even though he supposedly has not been shopped since March 31st.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:59 AM   #11
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,292
Re: Schefter: "Skins NOT shopping Big Al"

This whole thing is overblown. Let's not make Albert out to be some huge problem child. He's not working out in the program which Shanahan doesn't prefer, but he's also said publicly that he intends to come in much better shape this year to answer his critics and get back to his pro bowl form.

If Schefter says he's not being shopped, it's true. Nobody is a better source for 'Skins news right now, he's got direct access to Shanahan, and Shanahan is not going to screw Schefter by giving him bad information.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:02 AM   #12
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Schefter: "Skins NOT shopping Big Al"

As I said here (New possible trade/draft scenarios), Haynesworth is not being shopped because he's a problem child. He's being shopped because a package of starting offensive player(s) and/or draft pick(s) will do more to help this team than Haynesworth will. We were a 4-12 team with Haynesworth. We won't be much better in 2010 if we don't dramatically upgrade our offensive line and give McNabb a playmaker or two on offense.

We've got a defense overflowing with talented players (compared to the offense, at least) and we're switching to the 3-4, anyway. the smartest thing to do is "redistribute our wealth" talent-wise to help our offense. Moving Haynesworth is about doing what's best for the Redskins and has NOTHING to do with Haynesworth's character and behavior.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:09 AM   #13
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,292
Re: Schefter: "Skins NOT shopping Big Al"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
As I said here (New possible trade/draft scenarios), Haynesworth is not being shopped because he's a problem child. He's being shopped because a package of starting offensive player(s) and/or draft pick(s) will do more to help this team than Haynesworth will.
Right but the crux of your argument there was that even with Haynesworth, we ended up at 4-12, so therefore Haynesworth didn't have the impact we imagined and therefore we would benefit by trade.

That makes a few assumptions I don't really agree with:

- That Haynesworth will not be better this year.

- That Haslett will not use Haynesworth more effectively than Blache did. Blache horrendously misused him.

- That we can count on Kemeotu or whatever his name is to plug the gap at NT. He's returning from serious injury and is not likely to be ready at season's start.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:13 AM   #14
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: Schefter: "Skins NOT shopping Big Al"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
As I said here (New possible trade/draft scenarios), Haynesworth is not being shopped because he's a problem child. He's being shopped because a package of starting offensive player(s) and/or draft pick(s) will do more to help this team than Haynesworth will. We were a 4-12 team with Haynesworth. We won't be much better in 2010 if we don't dramatically upgrade our offensive line and give McNabb a playmaker or two on offense.

We've got a defense overflowing with talented players (compared to the offense, at least) and we're switching to the 3-4, anyway. the smartest thing to do is "redistribute our wealth" talent-wise to help our offense. Moving Haynesworth is about doing what's best for the Redskins and has NOTHING to do with Haynesworth's character and behavior.
good post, though I don't know that I agree w/your "nothing" statement about Haynesworths' behavior. I think his attitude about the 3-4 has to be a factor. That also speaks to your larger point; can AH make much of a difference in the 3-4 and how much can the team improve by trading him?
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:15 AM   #15
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 36
Posts: 2,906
Re: Schefter: "Skins NOT shopping Big Al"

I don't watch Stiffler or follow twater. I do listen to the radio. WRVA 1140 said on the morning program that Fat Al was being shopped because Shanny didn't like him not showing up for voluntary workouts, and AL didn't want to be a NT. WRVA is the big time talk radio for the central VA area. If they said it, then it's true in my book.

The work outs are one thing, Shanny is another. Not being a NT I can understand. He'd be a beast DE with Orakpo or Jarmon teeing off beside him. But a NT is a waste of money and time for him. He's more than a space eater; that is when he's not on his back.
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27534 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25