Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Haynesworth trade possibly in the works

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2010, 03:07 AM   #166
Special Teams
 
jdc65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 246
Re: Haynesworth trade possibly in the works

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBUCHANON101 View Post
That would help both teams. I could imagine Brown and Okung on the Oline for the Skins.
Could you imagine the Saints D Line? Wow, AH,Ellis,Smith and Brown. Im sure Coach Williams is stomping on someones desk for this to happen if it is in the works.
Given that this trade went down, I would be hoping that Detroit takes Okung, and we could luck out and grab Suh. Replacing Haynesworth would be a priority in my mind. We could use that 4th to grab a RT.

Yea, the Saints D would be sick with AH and Greg Williams. At least they aint in our division.
jdc65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-18-2010, 11:09 AM   #167
Playmaker
 
SkinzWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,725
Re: Haynesworth trade possibly in the works

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc65 View Post
I didn't hear anything about it, but I would take that trade. A stud LT with a 4th this year, and a conditional pick next year. That works for me.
I know they say the draft is deep this year. But are you really going to get a stud LT with a 4th round pick???
__________________
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Draft winners, not stars.

Hail to the Redskins
Hail victory
Braves on the warpath
Block for RG3
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:18 AM   #168
The Starter
 
rbanerjee23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,439
Re: Haynesworth trade possibly in the works

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc65 View Post
I didn't hear anything about it, but I would take that trade. A stud LT with a 4th this year, and a conditional pick next year. That works for me.
haha, lets hold our horses...the odds of picking up a 'stud' LT with a 4th are slim at best
__________________
"Tough times don't last but tough people do"

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 12:39 PM   #169
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,416
Re: Haynesworth trade possibly in the works

Haynesworth deal doomed from the start - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

interesting read
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 12:50 PM   #170
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,816
Re: Haynesworth trade possibly in the works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I remember when the Skins signed him last year how the majority of fans were so excited, what a difference a year makes.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 01:53 PM   #171
The Starter
 
rbanerjee23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,439
Re: Haynesworth trade possibly in the works

There's part of me that believes that until Dan Snyder sells this franchise, this team will not reach the levels of success as it had in the late 80's early 90's. I don't understand how he doesn't realize that giving massive sums of money has literally a 0% success rate...we can't name one guy who has panned out in the long run. Arrington, Archuleta, Randle El, Trotter, and now Haynesworth, the subpar performance of Snyder backed front offices is astounding.
__________________
"Tough times don't last but tough people do"

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:13 PM   #172
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,236
Re: Haynesworth trade possibly in the works

Quote:
Given that this trade went down, I would be hoping that Detroit takes Okung, and we could luck out and grab Suh. Replacing Haynesworth would be a priority in my mind. We could use that 4th to grab a RT.
Suh is a 4-3 DT. He won't be a 3-4 teams pick. I hope we don't trade Haynesworth, especially for the type of compensation I'm hearing. a 2nd and maybe a 3rd? Yeah right.

In addition. I don't feel comfortable giving up one of the most dominant DTs for an unknown by NFL standards.
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:36 PM   #173
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,876
Re: Haynesworth trade possibly in the works

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
I know they say the draft is deep this year. But are you really going to get a stud LT with a 4th round pick???
I believe the stud LT was Brown from the Saints, not someone who we get with the 4th round pick.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 03:02 PM   #174
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,939
Re: Haynesworth trade possibly in the works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Interesting yes...but this article and the initial La Canfora article are both silly. Better said they are full of shit.
These are supposedly opposing GM's talking about a player that is available in the trade market. Of course they are going to deadpan Haynesworth and ridicule the the Redskins and the whole process that landed Haynesworth in DC. Yes Snyder did over pay and upset the payscale market for DT's, but that is in the past and the only newsworthy thing.
It seems some of the so-called GM quotes and authors of the articles are trying to upset the Redskins FO to dump Haynesworth for chump change.
We already knew weeks ago the Haynesworth was going to work out on his own and not attend any non-mandatory events. La Canfora mentions it like it is a late breaking big news and why we would trade him.
La Canfora at times can be drama queen trying to sell himself. The title says it all "Haynesworth avoiding Redskins' voluntary minicamp; trade possible
If we trade him it is because of a good offer not because he is molesting 20 year olds in the bathroom.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:18 PM   #175
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,962
Re: Haynesworth trade possibly in the works

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbanerjee23 View Post
There's part of me that believes that until Dan Snyder sells this franchise, this team will not reach the levels of success as it had in the late 80's early 90's. I don't understand how he doesn't realize that giving massive sums of money has literally a 0% success rate...we can't name one guy who has panned out in the long run. Arrington, Archuleta, Randle El, Trotter, and now Haynesworth, the subpar performance of Snyder backed front offices is astounding.
Couldn't have seen Trotter's injuries coming. Agree on Archuleta. Too soon to just write off Haynesworth. Convenient to leave out signings that were key to our playoff runs like Springs, Washington, and Griffin.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:22 PM   #176
Playmaker
 
NYCskinfan82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Queens, NYC
Age: 45
Posts: 3,441
Re: Haynesworth trade possibly in the works

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbanerjee23 View Post
There's part of me that believes that until Dan Snyder sells this franchise, this team will not reach the levels of success as it had in the late 80's early 90's. I don't understand how he doesn't realize that giving massive sums of money has literally a 0% success rate...we can't name one guy who has panned out in the long run. Arrington, Archuleta, Randle El, Trotter, and now Haynesworth, the subpar performance of Snyder backed front offices is astounding.
Arrington was the 2nd pick in the draft you have to spend alot of money, check the history for 2nd picks in the draft. We should of been playing a 3-4 when he was around and used him like lt of the ny midgets.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:23 PM   #177
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,416
Re: Haynesworth trade possibly in the works

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Couldn't have seen Trotter's injuries coming. Agree on Archuleta. Too soon to just write off Haynesworth. Convenient to leave out signings that were key to our playoff runs like Springs, Washington, and Griffin.
Yeah we've definitely had plenty of guys that did work out, just the mistakes were big ones so they stick out more. Randy Thomas and Fletcher were a couple of other notables that were good pickups too.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:26 PM   #178
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,416
Re: Haynesworth trade possibly in the works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Interesting yes...but this article and the initial La Canfora article are both silly. Better said they are full of shit.
These are supposedly opposing GM's talking about a player that is available in the trade market. Of course they are going to deadpan Haynesworth and ridicule the the Redskins and the whole process that landed Haynesworth in DC. Yes Snyder did over pay and upset the payscale market for DT's, but that is in the past and the only newsworthy thing.
It seems some of the so-called GM quotes and authors of the articles are trying to upset the Redskins FO to dump Haynesworth for chump change.
We already knew weeks ago the Haynesworth was going to work out on his own and not attend any non-mandatory events. La Canfora mentions it like it is a late breaking big news and why we would trade him.
La Canfora at times can be drama queen trying to sell himself. The title says it all "Haynesworth avoiding Redskins' voluntary minicamp; trade possible
If we trade him it is because of a good offer not because he is molesting 20 year olds in the bathroom.
To me the article boils down to the fact we gave a boatload of guaranteed money to a guy with questionable attitude and motivation issues. Also think of it this way... if Allen and Shanahan were in charge last year, no way we make that move.

Has the media blown up the story? Of course. But there's plenty of fire behind all this smoke too.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:38 PM   #179
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,962
Re: Haynesworth trade possibly in the works

I think everyone knew the risks of giving AH all that money last year. People wanted to keep focusing on alleged anger management issues because of the Gurode incident, but really the problem was how committed was Haynesworth really.

Some think the Redskins were ignorant to it, I don't think they were at all. I think they fully knew the risks but they, perhaps naively, believed things would be different now and it wouldn't be an issue.

And I'm not convinced that him skipping a voluntary mini-camp is indicative of major problems down the road.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:10 PM   #180
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: Haynesworth trade possibly in the works

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think everyone knew the risks of giving AH all that money last year. People wanted to keep focusing on alleged anger management issues because of the Gurode incident, but really the problem was how committed was Haynesworth really.

Some think the Redskins were ignorant to it, I don't think they were at all. I think they fully knew the risks but they, perhaps naively, believed things would be different now and it wouldn't be an issue.

And I'm not convinced that him skipping a voluntary mini-camp is indicative of major problems down the road.
When the mandatory portion of training begins and Albert does not show up in shape and ready to play, that will be cause for real concern.

I think by Shanahan reluctantly dealing with him doing his own thing, he's expecting him to make good on his promise to show up in better shape than he did last year. Perhaps the decision has been made that it makes business sense to keep Haynesworth on the roster. Media reports (as well as fans) have been driving his trade, spoken more from an emotional standpoint than a business one. I can't think of a single reason why it would not benifit the Redskins to have Albert Haynesworth on the team.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29532 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25