Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Mini camp news

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2010, 07:18 PM   #136
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Mini camp news

Ok now I'm Fing confused. Please tell me how AH being offered in a trade in order to pick up McNabb constitutes AH is not being traded? It was confirmed by the Eagles.

Everyone get off your high horse and look at the facts.

I too saw a comment made by Mike Shanahan stating we was basically not calling teams and trying to see what they would give for him. In other words he is not trying to trade AH. BUT..... he also stated if the right trade scenario came along he would look into it to see if it benifited the Skins.

I know PFT is not the best news source, but they got their info from the Washington Post this time....
Shanahan says there have been no Haynesworth trade talks, at all | ProFootballTalk.com

No different then PFT though, I agree someones telling a lie.

Quote:
Hey, if you're gonna lie, you may as well lie big.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-18-2010, 07:22 PM   #137
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Mini camp news

Here ya go....

Shanahan calls Haynesworth trade talk "speculation" | ProFootballTalk.com

Quote:
"There is nothing to clarify," Shanahan said. "It is just speculation. He's part of the organization. I am just looking for him to come in and work and be like everyone else. No, we're not going to trade him at all, unless someone gives us something we would have to consider -- that's pretty standard with any player on your roster. He's a pretty smart guy. He's really talented. I think I can get that out of him.''
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:49 PM   #138
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: Mini camp news

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Ok now I'm Fing confused. Please tell me how AH being offered in a trade in order to pick up McNabb constitutes AH is not being traded? It was confirmed by the Eagles.

Everyone get off your high horse and look at the facts.

I too saw a comment made by Mike Shanahan stating we was basically not calling teams and trying to see what they would give for him. In other words he is not trying to trade AH. BUT..... he also stated if the right trade scenario came along he would look into it to see if it benifited the Skins.

I know PFT is not the best news source, but they got their info from the Washington Post this time....
Shanahan says there have been no Haynesworth trade talks, at all | ProFootballTalk.com

No different then PFT though, I agree someones telling a lie.
The easiest way to spread rumors in the world of sports is "sources said" nobody knows who these sources are. When you want to drive a story of your own just make-up something/anything and say sources said it. Some people have a tendency to believe everything they read.

There has been a lot of eroneous reporting in the Haynesworth case.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:55 PM   #139
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,143
Re: Mini camp news

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Ok now I'm Fing confused. Please tell me how AH being offered in a trade in order to pick up McNabb constitutes AH is not being traded? It was confirmed by the Eagles.

Everyone get off your high horse and look at the facts.

I too saw a comment made by Mike Shanahan stating we was basically not calling teams and trying to see what they would give for him. In other words he is not trying to trade AH. BUT..... he also stated if the right trade scenario came along he would look into it to see if it benifited the Skins.

I know PFT is not the best news source, but they got their info from the Washington Post this time....
Shanahan says there have been no Haynesworth trade talks, at all | ProFootballTalk.com

No different then PFT though, I agree someones telling a lie.
AH was part of the very preliminary discussions with Philly back in February
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:08 PM   #140
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 27
Posts: 15,994
Re: Mini camp news

Redskins are putting out the word that they're taking a quarterback | ProFootballTalk.com

Right now, I'm interpreting this as a message to McNabb's agent to "get that latest contract extension offer signed, or enjoy choosing between Oakland and Buffalo next year."

I do have a strong suspicion (actually, more than a personal suspicion) that this might be more than a bluff. At least that: the Redskins haven't decided against taking Jimmy Clausen with the 4th pick.

Certainly though, it's no more likely than on the day we made the McNabb trade. Surprisingly, it's just not less likely.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:12 PM   #141
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 48
Posts: 13,172
Re: Mini camp news

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Redskins are putting out the word that they're taking a quarterback | ProFootballTalk.com

Right now, I'm interpreting this as a message to McNabb's agent to "get that latest contract extension offer signed, or enjoy choosing between Oakland and Buffalo next year."

I do have a strong suspicion (actually, more than a personal suspicion) that this might be more than a bluff. At least that: the Redskins haven't decided against taking Jimmy Clausen with the 4th pick.

Certainly though, it's no more likely than on the day we made the McNabb trade. Surprisingly, it's just not less likely.
Add this to Kyle Shanahan's OL comments, and it seems like a not to subtle ploy to get Seattle/Cle/Buffalo to pull the trigger on a trade. 4 days and counting to round 1.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:14 PM   #142
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 27
Posts: 15,994
Re: Mini camp news

I think it's a lot of things, serving a lot of purposes. I do think it's calucated, and not a coincidence. I just don't think it's utter bullsh-t, as a lot of people are going to read it as.

I think there's some fire here.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:14 PM   #143
The Starter
 
rbanerjee23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,441
Re: Mini camp news

When listening to offers for him, I was referring to the ESPN video on the Redskins' mini-camp. The reporter they had sent said that when speaking to Shanahan about Haynesworth, the coach said they were listening to offers but were not actively dealing him ... While they may say that they are not looking to trade him right away, it certainly seems like something they are considering
__________________
"Tough times don't last but tough people do"

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:18 PM   #144
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 27
Posts: 15,994
Re: Mini camp news

Also: what is intentioned by suggesting they'll take "a quarterback"? That it doesn't matter who is available? We're just going to take whoever.

Next face of the franchise? Eh, whatever we can get.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:53 PM   #145
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Mini camp news

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Also: what is intentioned by suggesting they'll take "a quarterback"? That it doesn't matter who is available? We're just going to take whoever.

Next face of the franchise? Eh, whatever we can get.
Not necessarily, I think they would be happy with either Bradford or Clausen. One is going to be there at #4 unless the Rams, Detroit or Tampa make a trade. Only the Rams and Tampa could use a QB, but I think Tampa wants something else.

At this point though I think we are hillaciously smoke screening in order to move down to get more picks. I can see them being satisfied with our LT positions right now even though we fans are not. We have McNabb so I don't see us picking up a QB. RB is set for now unless we are thinking power back. TE is set. WR has some question with Kelly, and ARE's spot is still available.

Offensively:
LT
QB
WR

Defensively:
LB
FS
CB
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:59 PM   #146
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,526
Re: Mini camp news

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Not necessarily, I think they would be happy with either Bradford or Clausen. One is going to be there at #4 unless the Rams, Detroit or Tampa make a trade. Only the Rams and Tampa could use a QB, but I think Tampa wants something else.

At this point though I think we are hillaciously smoke screening in order to move down to get more picks. I can see them being satisfied with our LT positions right now even though we fans are not. We have McNabb so I don't see us picking up a QB. RB is set for now unless we are thinking power back. TE is set. WR has some question with Kelly, and ARE's spot is still available.

Offensively:
LT
QB
WR

Defensively:
LB
FS
CB
I say that DL is a bigger need than the secondary.
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:00 PM   #147
Playmaker
 
NYCskinfan82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Queens, NYC
Age: 45
Posts: 3,573
Re: Mini camp news

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Not necessarily, I think they would be happy with either Bradford or Clausen. One is going to be there at #4 unless the Rams, Detroit or Tampa make a trade. Only the Rams and Tampa could use a QB, but I think Tampa wants something else.

At this point though I think we are hillaciously smoke screening in order to move down to get more picks. I can see them being satisfied with our LT positions right now even though we fans are not. We have McNabb so I don't see us picking up a QB. RB is set for now unless we are thinking power back. TE is set. WR has some question with Kelly, and ARE's spot is still available.

Offensively:
LT
QB
WR

Defensively:
LB
FS
CB

Like your post this is how i see it:

Offensively:
LT
QB - next yr.
WR - if possible pick up a veteran, although i think the guys we have will shine this year.

Defensively:
LB
FS
CB- we have enough competition in camp already[/QUOTE]
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:26 PM   #148
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 37
Posts: 12,623
Re: Mini camp news

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Redskins are putting out the word that they're taking a quarterback | ProFootballTalk.com

Right now, I'm interpreting this as a message to McNabb's agent to "get that latest contract extension offer signed, or enjoy choosing between Oakland and Buffalo next year."

I do have a strong suspicion (actually, more than a personal suspicion) that this might be more than a bluff. At least that: the Redskins haven't decided against taking Jimmy Clausen with the 4th pick.

Certainly though, it's no more likely than on the day we made the McNabb trade. Surprisingly, it's just not less likely.
For as close as MS plays things to the vest, I think it's really, really unlikely that any "leaked" information about what we're going to do with that 4th pick has any weight.

I think we're trying to drum up interest by another team in that 4th pick. We have SOOO many needs, and the fewest picks of ANY team in the league. Ignoring the offensive line to take a QB at #4 would be extremely stupid unless it's Bradford, and there's no chance he's gonna be there.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:41 PM   #149
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 37
Posts: 12,623
Re: Mini camp news

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Not necessarily, I think they would be happy with either Bradford or Clausen. One is going to be there at #4 unless the Rams, Detroit or Tampa make a trade. Only the Rams and Tampa could use a QB, but I think Tampa wants something else.

At this point though I think we are hillaciously smoke screening in order to move down to get more picks. I can see them being satisfied with our LT positions right now even though we fans are not. We have McNabb so I don't see us picking up a QB. RB is set for now unless we are thinking power back. TE is set. WR has some question with Kelly, and ARE's spot is still available.
The 1st point in bold- Tampa has exactly a 0% chance of drafting a QB with their first pick. They picked Josh Freeman in the 1st round last year, and he played some pretty good games down the stretch. No way they go that route again. I think it's a near certainty they take McCoy, Suh, or Berry with their first pick, unless someone offers a king's ransom to move up to their spot.

To 2nd point- we're probably set for now, but I still think there's a chance that either Parker or Johnson won't make the final cut. I had to bet, I'd say someone camp trash will be our treasure (relatively speaking), and/or we use one of our late picks on a back.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:20 AM   #150
Special Teams
 
jdc65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 246
Re: Mini camp news

I just hope Detroit passes on Okung so we get him at 4. Hopefully they draft another Tackle in round 4 or 5, and get a Linebacker, and a RB or DB. That is all I expect, and all I hope for out of this draft.

We are stuck with the 4 picks we have, let's just hope they make the best of it, and fill some holes.

Trading a starting player, or Campbell, for a late 4th, or worse, round pick only hurts the team in my opinion.
jdc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32130 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25