Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Predict Our Five Starters On the O-Line

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2010, 12:52 PM   #121
Special Teams
 
Rajmahal33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 478
Re: Predict Our Five Starters On the O-Line

We NEED to get Allen Faneca at G, per schefter's last report 2 minutes ago being released from the Jets!!!
__________________
McNasty FTW!
Rajmahal33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-24-2010, 04:22 PM   #122
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,127
Re: Predict Our Five Starters On the O-Line

All right so the contenders:

Tackle
Trent Williams
Artis Hicks
Stephon Heyer
Selvish Capers

Guard
Derrick Dockery
BMW
Chad Rinehart

Center
Casey Rabach
Kory Lichtensteiger

Guards/Centers
Edwin Williams
Eric Cook

Total Number of Contenders: 11
__________________
Charlie: Okay. Take off your seat belt.
Alan: Why?
Charlie: Because when I slam on the brakes I want to watch you go through the windshield.
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:39 PM   #123
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 46
Posts: 12,131
Re: Predict Our Five Starters On the O-Line

Why did Capers fall so far? I think that may have helped our RT spot immensely. So:
LT - TWilliams, lets all join with Shanny in hoping he earns the LT spot.
LG - Doc seems a lock
C - Rabach, but I think he will have serious competition to start.
RG - BMW will be good here
RT - Capers, I think he and Hicks battle it out, but Hicks' value as a backup on any position is huge.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:45 PM   #124
Impact Rookie
 
johno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Southwest, DC
Posts: 599
Re: Predict Our Five Starters On the O-Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Why did Capers fall so far? I think that may have helped our RT spot immensely. So:
LT - TWilliams, lets all join with Shanny in hoping he earns the LT spot.
LG - Doc seems a lock
C - Rabach, but I think he will have serious competition to start.
RG - BMW will be good here
RT - Capers, I think he and Hicks battle it out, but Hicks' value as a backup on any position is huge.
two things. first, i would love for capers to start immeditately, but i am not sure he is ready. two, if capers does win the RT job, wouldnt hicks be an upgrade at RG over BMW? i can remember but i thought hicks played some RG previously. i guess only time will tell.
__________________
fight for old dc.
johno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:46 PM   #125
The Starter
 
drew54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: IOWA
Age: 31
Posts: 1,284
Re: Predict Our Five Starters On the O-Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
All right so the contenders:

Tackle
Trent Williams
Artis Hicks
Stephon Heyer
Selvish Capers

Guard
Derrick Dockery
BMW
Chad Rinehart

Center
Casey Rabach
Kory Lichtensteiger

Guards/Centers
Edwin Williams
Eric Cook

Total Number of Contenders: 11
I don't think we keep all of those guys. 10 might be the magic number.
Odd man out, Edwin Williams or Kory Lichtensteiger.
__________________
No pressure, no diamonds.
drew54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:09 PM   #126
The Starter
 
vallin21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vienna Va
Posts: 1,029
Re: Predict Our Five Starters On the O-Line

LT- Williams
LG- Dockery
C- Rabach
RG- Hicks
RT-Capers

I hope Capers is motivated and wants to come and prove he should've been drafted higher. If he's motivated he'll have a better chance to start than Heyer. I think With Cook here, Reinhart is the obvious cut.
vallin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:18 PM   #127
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,127
Re: Predict Our Five Starters On the O-Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew54 View Post
I don't think we keep all of those guys. 10 might be the magic number.
Odd man out, Edwin Williams or Kory Lichtensteiger.
I agree with you on 10 being the magic number. Certainly I feel much better carrying 10 this time around as the last lineman won't be Batiste or Will Robinson but rather Capers or Cook. Personally I think the ones with the biggest risk of being cut are Rinehart, Edwin Williams, Eric Cook, and Selvish Capers. I think Kory L is a good bet to make the roster and eventually take over for Rabach at center.
__________________
Charlie: Okay. Take off your seat belt.
Alan: Why?
Charlie: Because when I slam on the brakes I want to watch you go through the windshield.
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:22 PM   #128
Camp Scrub
 
internetcareer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Alexandria
Posts: 89
Re: Predict Our Five Starters On the O-Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallin21 View Post
LT- Williams
LG- Dockery
C- Rabach
RG- Hicks
RT-Capers

I hope Capers is motivated and wants to come and prove he should've been drafted higher. If he's motivated he'll have a better chance to start than Heyer. I think With Cook here, Reinhart is the obvious cut.
Mike Williams is probably going to take the starting right guard spot. If he is working as hard on weight training and learning as he was on his diet last year at this time.

But Capers as a starter. Never going to happen. Shanahan just bought an all pro QB and is not going to put 2 rookie tackles in to protect him One is bad enough but at least Williams has to start because he is a #1 pick. I suspect that Hicks and Heyer will fight it out for the right tackle spot and the rookie offensive linemen will fight it out to try just to make the team.
internetcareer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:24 PM   #129
The Starter
 
drew54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: IOWA
Age: 31
Posts: 1,284
Re: Predict Our Five Starters On the O-Line

I was not familiar with Kory Lichtensteiger, so I was making an assumption. I change that. He was a fourth round pick of Shanahans in 08. McDaniels cut him as I assume he did not fit with his philosophy of OL.

I would like to change my cut list to be Edwin Williams, but would rather he make the team so one day we could have three Williams on the OL starting. Just joking.

May the best men win!
__________________
No pressure, no diamonds.
drew54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:32 PM   #130
The Starter
 
drew54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: IOWA
Age: 31
Posts: 1,284
Re: Predict Our Five Starters On the O-Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetcareer View Post
Mike Williams is probably going to take the starting right guard spot. If he is working as hard on weight training and learning as he was on his diet last year at this time.

But Capers as a starter. Never going to happen. Shanahan just bought an all pro QB and is not going to put 2 rookie tackles in to protect him One is bad enough but at least Williams has to start because he is a #1 pick. I suspect that Hicks and Heyer will fight it out for the right tackle spot and the rookie offensive linemen will fight it out to try just to make the team.
I would think Hicks is the safest bet to start at RT. He, Rabach, and BMW will be on notice though, as rookie or not, the best man should start.
__________________
No pressure, no diamonds.
drew54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:33 PM   #131
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,288
Re: Predict Our Five Starters On the O-Line

LT - Silverback
LG - Doc
C - Rabach
RG - Rinehart
RT - Alex Barron
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.

Last edited by Lotus; 04-24-2010 at 11:32 PM.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:34 PM   #132
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,963
Re: Predict Our Five Starters On the O-Line

LT - Williams
LG - Dockery
C - Rabach
RG - Cook
RT - Uh, lets go with Hicks
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:41 PM   #133
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,127
Re: Predict Our Five Starters On the O-Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew54 View Post
I would like to change my cut list to be Edwin Williams, but would rather he make the team so one day we could have three Williams on the OL starting. Just joking.

May the best men win!
Ha ha, I said the same thing. Even suggested making sure that Roydell Williams makes the team and then signing Roy Williams when he gets cut by Dallas.
__________________
Charlie: Okay. Take off your seat belt.
Alan: Why?
Charlie: Because when I slam on the brakes I want to watch you go through the windshield.
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:30 PM   #134
The Starter
 
vallin21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vienna Va
Posts: 1,029
Re: Predict Our Five Starters On the O-Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetcareer View Post
Mike Williams is probably going to take the starting right guard spot. If he is working as hard on weight training and learning as he was on his diet last year at this time.

But Capers as a starter. Never going to happen. Shanahan just bought an all pro QB and is not going to put 2 rookie tackles in to protect him One is bad enough but at least Williams has to start because he is a #1 pick. I suspect that Hicks and Heyer will fight it out for the right tackle spot and the rookie offensive linemen will fight it out to try just to make the team.
We'll see once Training Camp starts, but it's safe to say Heyer's not our RT week 1
vallin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:03 PM   #135
Special Teams
 
DIRTEE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 256
Re: Predict Our Five Starters On the O-Line

LT - Williams
LG - Dockery
C - Rabach
RG - BMW
RT - Capers
DIRTEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31901 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25