Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Campbell A Raider

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2010, 07:10 AM   #91
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,632
Re: Campbell A Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsowilso View Post
What a colossal bust Jamarcus Russell is. Wish JC all the best.
JR is a huge bust for Oak but I think when you look at what the Skins gave up to draft JC and what he ended up producing, I dont think its a reach to say that JC is one of the biggest Redskin draft busts of all time.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-25-2010, 08:34 AM   #92
Special Teams
 
duetsch215's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Richmond (School at ODU)
Posts: 100
Re: Campbell A Raider

Im happy for him. If he gets a legitimate chance to start, I think he'll win the job. He's better than both the guys they got now
__________________
I'm a smart fella, and you're a fart smella
duetsch215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:36 AM   #93
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,123
Re: Campbell A Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
JR is a huge bust for Oak but I think when you look at what the Skins gave up to draft JC and what he ended up producing, I dont think its a reach to say that JC is one of the biggest Redskin draft busts of all time.
Why , take into account the coaching changes he has endure,the fact the the personel he has had to work with ..or lack of as in the O line the last few seasons.2 seasons ago there was talk of him in the pro bowl maybe a career that didn't pan out as expected but a bust not IMO.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:52 AM   #94
Camp Scrub
 
internetcareer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Alexandria
Posts: 89
Re: Campbell A Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I know JC wanted the opportunity to start but why go to Oakland? I'd rather swallow my pride and stay here. Can't believe I'm sayin' this but we're more stable than Oakland. He could learn from a great coach, probably get to start 2-3 games and then be unrestricted in 11. I wish him well cause JC is a 100% pure class act.
Jason was never based in reality. He never took personal responsibility. You never heard him say things like "it was my fault". He always came to the after the game internviews with the same ole "well...you know..we just gotta go back and work harder". A lot of 'WE" in his interviews as opposed to "I" need to work harder. He missed a lot of open field receivers that he never saw...but obviously was pointed out to him in the film room. Campbell also missed passes downfield because he is terrible at the long ball. He was always saying "yea, I like to have that one back". But the reality is that Jason was never based in reality. He couldn't GET IT. And since he is in Oakland now, he still doesn't get it. He will be a starter in name only because after he loses this job and Oakland drafts another QB with their 1st pick next year, he will be back to singing the blues and wanting out of Oakland and still believing he is a starting NFL quarterback.
As I have stated many times...Jason is a backup QB. He just hasn't accepted this fact and neither have his legion of fans.
internetcareer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:22 AM   #95
Special Teams
 
Green1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 121
Re: Campbell A Raider

To all the campbell haters. You better hope mcnabb stays healthy. Just think about Rex Grossman starting for the redskins. Give me Campbell any day over Rex.
Green1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:49 AM   #96
Camp Scrub
 
CancunCantinaBartender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Arnold, MD
Posts: 39
Re: Campbell A Raider

I disagree about the biggest bust ever! Have you forgotten about Heath Shuler???
CancunCantinaBartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:10 PM   #97
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,662
Re: Campbell A Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
JR is a huge bust for Oak but I think when you look at what the Skins gave up to draft JC and what he ended up producing, I dont think its a reach to say that JC is one of the biggest Redskin draft busts of all time.
If you look at the numbers you will see that Campbell is a middle-of-the-road NFL QB. Not the best but not the worst - in the middle. So you can't really call him a bust. He never realized the promise that we had hoped for when we traded up for him and thus the trade up was somewhat foolhardy. But that does not make him a bust. And he certainly is not one of the greatest team draft busts.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:22 PM   #98
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: Campbell A Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green1 View Post
To all the campbell haters. You better hope mcnabb stays healthy. Just think about Rex Grossman starting for the redskins. Give me Campbell any day over Rex.

I would rather have Grossman. He was hand picked by the OC and played for him last year.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:22 PM   #99
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,455
Re: Campbell A Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Why , take into account the coaching changes he has endure,the fact the the personel he has had to work with ..or lack of as in the O line the last few seasons.2 seasons ago there was talk of him in the pro bowl maybe a career that didn't pan out as expected but a bust not IMO.
Well said and a very accurate fact. I think the Raiders will surprise this year.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:37 PM   #100
Playmaker
 
skinsfan_nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newport News,Virginia
Age: 49
Posts: 4,495
Re: Campbell A Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green1 View Post
To all the campbell haters. You better hope mcnabb stays healthy. Just think about Rex Grossman starting for the redskins. Give me Campbell any day over Rex.
I don't know if there are as many haters out there vs. coaching staff/fans that just know SOUP could not take this team where we wanted to go in this system.

With Rex he knows and understands what the shannys want and can execute that system or he wouldn't be here. Lets not forget he has also taken a team to the SB as the starting QB. I'll take him any day in this system.

Furthermore, we have Bartel/Brennan and who knows who else could be coming in between now and camp to challenge for the #2 and #3 QB positions.

SOUP is a classy guy just not the guy to run the system in DC. Good luck SOUP in Traider country anytime your not playing the REDSKINS.
__________________
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 01:16 PM   #101
The Starter
 
Redskin Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 1,489
Re: Campbell A Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan_nn View Post
I don't know if there are as many haters out there vs. coaching staff/fans that just know SOUP could not take this team where we wanted to go in this system.

With Rex he knows and understands what the shannys want and can execute that system or he wouldn't be here. Lets not forget he has also taken a team to the SB as the starting QB. I'll take him any day in this system.

Furthermore, we have Bartel/Brennan and who knows who else could be coming in between now and camp to challenge for the #2 and #3 QB positions.

SOUP is a classy guy just not the guy to run the system in DC. Good luck SOUP in Traider country anytime your not playing the REDSKINS.
I believe that was there defense and Devin Hester more than Rex.
__________________
WIN, LOSE OR DRAW I'M A DIE-HARD REDSKIN FAN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
First they ban winning...now this?
Redskin Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 01:30 PM   #102
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,850
Re: Campbell A Raider

I'm just glad the saga is over so everyone can move on.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 01:39 PM   #103
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,123
Re: Campbell A Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetcareer View Post
Jason was never based in reality. He never took personal responsibility. You never heard him say things like "it was my fault". He always came to the after the game internviews with the same ole "well...you know..we just gotta go back and work harder". A lot of 'WE" in his interviews as opposed to "I" need to work harder. He missed a lot of open field receivers that he never saw...but obviously was pointed out to him in the film room. Campbell also missed passes downfield because he is terrible at the long ball. He was always saying "yea, I like to have that one back". But the reality is that Jason was never based in reality. He couldn't GET IT. And since he is in Oakland now, he still doesn't get it. He will be a starter in name only because after he loses this job and Oakland drafts another QB with their 1st pick next year, he will be back to singing the blues and wanting out of Oakland and still believing he is a starting NFL quarterback.
As I have stated many times...Jason is a backup QB. He just hasn't accepted this fact and neither have his legion of fans.
All I will say is that not many people will agree with you,on any point.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 02:04 PM   #104
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,632
Re: Campbell A Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
If you look at the numbers you will see that Campbell is a middle-of-the-road NFL QB. Not the best but not the worst - in the middle. So you can't really call him a bust. He never realized the promise that we had hoped for when we traded up for him and thus the trade up was somewhat foolhardy. But that does not make him a bust. And he certainly is not one of the greatest team draft busts.
He's a bust from the standpoint that they gave up 3 pick to get him. 3 picks that could have resulted in great players. I dont think they would give up 3 picks to get a middle of the road QB, they expected him to be great and he wasnt.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 02:08 PM   #105
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,850
Re: Campbell A Raider

Busts are guys that can't play. JC can play.

What the Skins gave up to draft him really doesn't define him as a bust or not.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31310 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25