Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


2010 NFL Off-Season Rumors and Reports (Week 8)

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2010, 12:37 PM   #91
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: 2010 NFL Off-Season Rumors and Reports (Week 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
Yeah I love how Sam Hurd, with his 7 catches, also wanted a trade lol
tryfuhl is offline  

Advertisements
Old 04-30-2010, 02:29 PM   #92
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,393
Re: 2010 NFL Off-Season Rumors and Reports (Week 8)

Sharper leaves visit with Jags without a contract, but talks continue
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline  
Old 04-30-2010, 03:11 PM   #93
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: 2010 NFL Off-Season Rumors and Reports (Week 8)

People are speculating that when Sharper was on the NFL network and mentioned that the Skins were 1 safety vet away from play off contention he was refering to himself. Which means Sharper is somewhat interested in working under Shanahan. Although he's in a good situation with the Saints it's hard to repeat. So he either is lobbying thinking the Skins would throw the money at him, which hasn't happened with any of the vets, or he knows Shanahan is a good coach and would have a pretty good chance of getting to the SB over other teams. Maybe not this yr but soon enough for him.
SBXVII is offline  
Old 04-30-2010, 08:52 PM   #94
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,710
Re: 2010 NFL Off-Season Rumors and Reports (Week 8)

Bulger going to the Cardinals for a career resurgence would be the ultimate irony. Of course Matt Leinart would start the season but Bulger would be the one to finish it.

I'd also like to see the Bills trade for Vick. It's well documented that I don't like Vick as a QB but for teams that need to grind to win football games Vick is an intriguing option. It would also be interesting as far as gauging how much of an impact Vick can bring to a team.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 04-30-2010, 11:33 PM   #95
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: 2010 NFL Off-Season Rumors and Reports (Week 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
People are speculating that when Sharper was on the NFL network and mentioned that the Skins were 1 safety vet away from play off contention he was refering to himself. Which means Sharper is somewhat interested in working under Shanahan. Although he's in a good situation with the Saints it's hard to repeat. So he either is lobbying thinking the Skins would throw the money at him, which hasn't happened with any of the vets, or he knows Shanahan is a good coach and would have a pretty good chance of getting to the SB over other teams. Maybe not this yr but soon enough for him.
When was this?
tryfuhl is offline  
Old 05-01-2010, 12:07 AM   #96
Registered User
 
GusFrerotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 4,153
Re: 2010 NFL Off-Season Rumors and Reports (Week 8)

The bringing in of the vet WRs is purely competition to get the newbies to raise their game. Seriously, what mind blowing things can the newbies learn from Galloway and Wade over 5 weeks? Answer: not much. It would take more than a month to instill leardership skills in our young WRs. They might be able to teach them some technique, but that is all.
GusFrerotte is offline  
Old 05-01-2010, 12:26 AM   #97
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: 2010 NFL Off-Season Rumors and Reports (Week 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
I agree with the second half but dissagree with the first half. I love the optimism. My issue was Cerrato. Well... Zorn's scheme also but Cerrato was my real issue. It's not like the best of the best GM's were floating around and DS could pick up whoever he wanted. He had to pick up the best available and I think Allen is pretty good. Atleast I think he's better then Cerrato. But as a side note the GM has to hire a HC he thinks he can get along with and work with. In this case Allen and Shanahan had already talked and wanted to work together.

In any event Allen/Shanahan being on the same page is 10x better then Cerrato and whoever is selected to be HC. Now having a coaching staff hand picked by Shanahan who he thinks he can work with and will be on the same page only makes us even better. Getting rid of the dead wood that was collecting a paycheck and replacing with players (hopefully) who will work their butts off is icing on the cake. The only thing DS has to do is sit back pay the bills and enjoy the game. That and smile on Sun.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is what on earth does this team or DS have to do in order to finally get some of you to climb aboard the bandwagon again? I'm somewhat guilty. I've kept the avatar I've had since the end of the season. My little protest avatar, the blue NFL avatar, was traded for the scripted R helmet. I probably should change it to reflect one of the players, but I have been lazy and have held on to it with the understanding that if they do things the right way I'll change it. What else do they have to do? win more games then last yr? get to the playoffs? get to the SB? I think now even I'm being a bit critical. The front office has changed, the HC has changed, the coaching staff has changed, half the team has changed? what else is needed? All we can do now is hope the changes made will accomplish something.
This is a great post sir. It almost softens my heart toward Snyder's failed ownership. However, the cohort you miss on is those of us who 1) acknowledge Snyder has smartened up a good deal by dumping the coke-head and bringing in legit football guys BUT 2) were never Shanahan fans. Do I think Shanahan returns the team to modest respectability? Sure. Do I think it likely he'll make us a real contender? Honestly, no.
The Goat is offline  
Old 05-01-2010, 12:31 AM   #98
Impact Rookie
 
Redskin Jim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Orleans, LA- via VA
Age: 36
Posts: 635
Re: 2010 NFL Off-Season Rumors and Reports (Week 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
This is a great post sir. It almost softens my heart toward Snyder's failed ownership. However, the cohort you miss on is those of us who 1) acknowledge Snyder has smartened up a good deal by dumping the coke-head and bringing in legit football guys BUT 2) were never Shanahan fans. Do I think Shanahan returns the team to modest respectability? Sure. Do I think it likely he'll make us a real contender? Honestly, no.

Blasphemy!! Ok Goat, I think I found the guy who's had more to drink than me tonight.
LOL. j/k
__________________
Hail to The REDSKINS
Redskin Jim is offline  
Old 05-01-2010, 12:45 AM   #99
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: 2010 NFL Off-Season Rumors and Reports (Week 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin Jim View Post
[/B] Blasphemy!! Ok Goat, I think I found the guy who's had more to drink than me tonight.
LOL. j/k
LOL I'm actually taking a Friday night off!

...sometimes I start talking myself into believing we're on the track to awesomeness. The offense is surely going to fly. But Shanahan's track-record of defensive merry-go-round w/ his coordinators/scheme can't be shrugged off until he proves otherwise. Hopefully Haslett has figured some things out and can make his group a winner.
The Goat is offline  
Old 05-01-2010, 01:02 AM   #100
Impact Rookie
 
Redskin Jim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Orleans, LA- via VA
Age: 36
Posts: 635
Re: 2010 NFL Off-Season Rumors and Reports (Week 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
LOL I'm actually taking a Friday night off!

...sometimes I start talking myself into believing we're on the track to awesomeness. The offense is surely going to fly. But Shanahan's track-record of defensive merry-go-round w/ his coordinators/scheme can't be shrugged off until he proves otherwise. Hopefully Haslett has figured some things out and can make his group a winner.
I too want to drink the kool-aid and believe, but I know that being a Redskins fan, that the two will lead to disappointment. I actually question Hazlett's ability to "get the job done" more than the Shannys. I do think Shanny will bring in a new culture to this team, and hopefully it will lead to success down the road.
__________________
Hail to The REDSKINS
Redskin Jim is offline  
Old 05-01-2010, 01:08 AM   #101
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: 2010 NFL Off-Season Rumors and Reports (Week 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin Jim View Post
I too want to drink the kool-aid and believe, but I know that being a Redskins fan, that the two will lead to disappointment. I actually question Hazlett's ability to "get the job done" more than the Shannys. I do think Shanny will bring in a new culture to this team, and hopefully it will lead to success down the road.
No doubt, the next coach should have an easier time than Shanahan hopefully.. and Zorn .. and Gibbs... and..
tryfuhl is offline  
Old 05-01-2010, 01:27 AM   #102
Impact Rookie
 
Redskin Jim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Orleans, LA- via VA
Age: 36
Posts: 635
Re: 2010 NFL Off-Season Rumors and Reports (Week 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
No doubt, the next coach should have an easier time than Shanahan hopefully.. and Zorn .. and Gibbs... and..
LOL, yeah they have a saying down here in New Orleans "Next Year". They always have said this about the Saints, that next year would be their year. I think some of the most shocked football fans last year were Saints fans with their teams success.
I have seen first hand as a season ticket holder here, a team that was a perennial loser, turn around and win the superbowl in 4 seasons. The Saints were 4-12 with all different personnel and schemes. New coaching staff, core players, and philosophy brought a SB.
I think we are heading in the right direction, but we will just have to wait untill the season to see how far we are from being a contender.
__________________
Hail to The REDSKINS
Redskin Jim is offline  
Old 05-01-2010, 01:37 AM   #103
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: 2010 NFL Off-Season Rumors and Reports (Week 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin Jim View Post
LOL, yeah they have a saying down here in New Orleans "Next Year". They always have said this about the Saints, that next year would be their year. I think some of the most shocked football fans last year were Saints fans with their teams success.
I have seen first hand as a season ticket holder here, a team that was a perennial loser, turn around and win the superbowl in 4 seasons. The Saints were 4-12 with all different personnel and schemes. New coaching staff, core players, and philosophy brought a SB.
I think we are heading in the right direction, but we will just have to wait untill the season to see how far we are from being a contender.
3-13 actually, with Haslett at the helm haha
tryfuhl is offline  
Old 05-01-2010, 01:40 AM   #104
Impact Rookie
 
Redskin Jim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Orleans, LA- via VA
Age: 36
Posts: 635
Re: 2010 NFL Off-Season Rumors and Reports (Week 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
3-13 actually, with Haslett at the helm haha
Ha! Not a real confidence builder..
__________________
Hail to The REDSKINS
Redskin Jim is offline  
Old 05-01-2010, 01:52 AM   #105
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: 2010 NFL Off-Season Rumors and Reports (Week 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin Jim View Post
Ha! Not a real confidence builder..
haha we'll see.. we've seen a ton of great D-Coords just not make it as HC's.. this should let Haslett focus on his specialty, which hopefully will be quite special
tryfuhl is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.33816 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25