Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


New Redskins Numbers

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2010, 12:55 PM   #31
Registered User
 
44ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Fortune Teller
Posts: 2,512
Re: New Redskins Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamoskinz View Post
Oh, I thought 44 was also officially retired. I wouldn't want to see a scrub get the #44 unless he is the #1 rated RB out of college.
Unofficial Retired No's
7 Joe Theismann, QB, 197485
9 Sonny Jurgensen, QB, 196474
28 Darrell Green, CB, 19832002
42 Charley Taylor, WR, 196477
43 Larry Brown, RB, 196976
44 John Riggins, RB, 197679, 198185
49 Bobby Mitchell, RB, 196268
51 Monte Coleman, LB, 197994
65 Dave Butz, DT, 197588
70 Sam Huff, LB, 1964-69 (worn by Leonard Marshall in 1994)
81 Art Monk, WR, 198093
44ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-04-2010, 01:11 PM   #32
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,456
Re: New Redskins Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44ever View Post
Unofficial Retired No's
7 Joe Theismann, QB, 197485
9 Sonny Jurgensen, QB, 196474
28 Darrell Green, CB, 19832002
42 Charley Taylor, WR, 196477
43 Larry Brown, RB, 196976
44 John Riggins, RB, 197679, 198185
49 Bobby Mitchell, RB, 196268
51 Monte Coleman, LB, 197994
65 Dave Butz, DT, 197588
70 Sam Huff, LB, 1964-69 (worn by Leonard Marshall in 1994)
81 Art Monk, WR, 198093
You can probably add #21 to that list, I don't see that number being given out anytime soon.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:43 AM   #33
Special Teams
 
Rainy Parade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 269
Re: New Redskins Numbers

i guess i wont start another thread to discuss numbers and retiring them, etc...

but here's my new Redskins column: What's in a Number?

please click and share on Facebook or wherever you share stuff... i really want to show RF365 that redskin fans are everywhere and that Skins content brings the pageviews, thanks!

and thanks to 44ever, as i used his list of the "unofficial" retired numbers.
Rainy Parade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:05 AM   #34
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: New Redskins Numbers

Ok, I've been having a heck of a time trying to get a name or two. I have been watching "Redskins Nation", well more like suffering through it but I do get to see video of the players practicing. In watching the camp footage they focused on the WR's at one point and there was a really, really, really small WR who ran a curl route. He looked crisp, fast and fluid. The footage was on Fri night in regards to Fridays camp during the second camp.

Then while watching last night I noticed about 4 really short WR's. I have figured out two but I'm missing two

13- Anthony Armstrong
18- Terrence Austin
15- ?
20- ?

I think #20 is who I observed in the video. I know 15 is supposed to be C.Brennan, and 20 is supposed to be Justin Tryon, but the video was definitly WR's with the QB's throwing to them so I know it must be invites who were given numbers to wear.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:14 AM   #35
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: New Redskins Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainy Parade View Post
i guess i wont start another thread to discuss numbers and retiring them, etc...

but here's my new Redskins column: What's in a Number?

please click and share on Facebook or wherever you share stuff... i really want to show RF365 that redskin fans are everywhere and that Skins content brings the pageviews, thanks!

and thanks to 44ever, as i used his list of the "unofficial" retired numbers.
Ok, maybe I need some clarification. When you first came to the board I thought you were a Raiders fan inquiring about JC. Then you came up with this "what do Skins fans think is good and bad about JC" thread. I got the impression the info would be used to enlighten Raider fans on their boards. I then see it was somewhat nicely done as if a professional writer had simply wrote an article.

So nows the big question... are you trying to become an independant writer and get your articles published in places like SI, ESPN, NFL.com, etc. etc. or are you simply a Raider fan? I'm kinda confused. I mean if you a beat writer or trying I guess I can understand why your hanging out collecting info from board members and using it in articles, or are you simply trying to start your own web page and trying to get as many people to click on your site as possible in order to get paid?
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:26 AM   #36
Special Teams
 
Rainy Parade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 269
Re: New Redskins Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Ok, maybe I need some clarification. When you first came to the board I thought you were a Raiders fan inquiring about JC. Then you came up with this "what do Skins fans think is good and bad about JC" thread. I got the impression the info would be used to enlighten Raider fans on their boards. I then see it was somewhat nicely done as if a professional writer had simply wrote an article.

So nows the big question... are you trying to become an independant writer and get your articles published in places like SI, ESPN, NFL.com, etc. etc. or are you simply a Raider fan? I'm kinda confused. I mean if you a beat writer or trying I guess I can understand why your hanging out collecting info from board members and using it in articles, or are you simply trying to start your own web page and trying to get as many people to click on your site as possible in order to get paid?

for the record:

lifelong Redskins fan... see the "explaing your screen name" thread if you're curious.

freelance writer.

i'm not delusional enough to think i'm just going to magically land a gig with SI/ESPN/NFL. i get paid a flat fee per article for what i do over at RF365, it's not my website. it's an embarassingly low rate, so dont ask. but sadly most websites pay zero.

they have asked me to write about the Raiders cuz they have some built-in syndication with a big raiders site and they need the content. i write about the redskins out of interest and have been asked to concentrate on them in order to build my readership. during the season i do weekly a weekly "picks" column picking games against the spread and have also written about the Ravens (i live in that market) and the Steelers (my wife is a fan and they have a large national following).

also, i dont only come here for shameless self promotion, i also participate in lots of the threads and so far found this to be the best (or my favorite) skins message board.
Rainy Parade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 12:07 PM   #37
Impact Rookie
 
johno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Southwest, DC
Posts: 599
Re: New Redskins Numbers

rainy -- i really like all of your redskins related stuff. its all well done. thanks.
__________________
fight for old dc.
johno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:01 PM   #38
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: New Redskins Numbers

Rainy, I now have a whole different perspective of you sir. Thank you for explaining.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 04:17 PM   #39
The Starter
 
MonkFan4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 37
Posts: 1,840
Re: New Redskins Numbers

Wow no love for Mark Moseley's #3 ?

For shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame !
__________________
Catch me on YouTube !

http://www.youtube.com/user/DowntimeRB?feature=mhw5

The "punishment" by the league : "It's like getting a ticket for going too fast on a road a week ago and they changed the speed limit today"
MonkFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 04:38 PM   #40
Special Teams
 
Rainy Parade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 269
Re: New Redskins Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by johno View Post
rainy -- i really like all of your redskins related stuff. its all well done. thanks.
thanks, much appreciated!




Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Rainy, I now have a whole different perspective of you sir. Thank you for explaining.
cool, no prob.
Rainy Parade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 04:40 PM   #41
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: New Redskins Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkFan4Life View Post
Wow no love for Mark Moseley's #3 ?

For shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame !
damn, good catch!!!

Moseley if anybody should have his retired. He was a league mvp!
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 04:42 PM   #42
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: New Redskins Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Did you have an issue with Marko Mitchell wearing #84?
Or that other great redskin that wore it - Taylor Jacobs!
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:15 PM   #43
Registered User
 
GusFrerotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 4,153
Re: New Redskins Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyRedskin View Post
Joey Galloway wearing Clarks 84?? Capers wearing 60?? do i have room to get pissed here or is it a complete overreaction??????????? probably just no big deal.

A number is a number, and as for Clark, he will always be remembered by those who followed the Skins back then and he will be ancient history or an object of folk lore to younger fans. Bottom line is the number is irrelevant. Gary and Chris both will be remembered by the ones who watched them play.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:46 PM   #44
The Starter
 
warpaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great State of Texas
Posts: 1,006
Re: New Redskins Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44ever View Post
Unofficial Retired No's
7 Joe Theismann, QB, 197485
9 Sonny Jurgensen, QB, 196474
28 Darrell Green, CB, 19832002
42 Charley Taylor, WR, 196477
43 Larry Brown, RB, 196976
44 John Riggins, RB, 197679, 198185
49 Bobby Mitchell, RB, 196268
51 Monte Coleman, LB, 197994
65 Dave Butz, DT, 197588
70 Sam Huff, LB, 1964-69 (worn by Leonard Marshall in 1994)
81 Art Monk, WR, 198093
I feel that 9, 28, 81, 21, should be left alone or retired the rest pass them out. No disrespect, Dallas hands 88 out almost every year its available.
__________________
"Not only do you get a 1st down, but you get a whole new set of downs" John Madden
warpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 02:26 AM   #45
Playmaker
 
skins89moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,492
Re: New Redskins Numbers

[quote=53Fan;697818]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Here are the numbers which the newly acquired redskins will wear this fall:



53 Riley, Perry

I hope he's really good.
Don't count on him being really good bro.
I watched some LSU games on ESPN channel and he did not flash anything in the 2 games I watched. He is a special teams player at best.
__________________
www.islandstyleflowers.com Home of the Hawaiian Foam FlowersRedskins Fan Since 1972
skins89moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28592 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25