Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Haynesworth is Behaving Selfishly

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2010, 10:06 AM   #181
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,810
Re: Haynesworth is Behaving Selfishly

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
I just can't understand why he couldn't compromise just a little and attend the minicamps while continuing to work out on his own between minicamps. Honestly, I could understand that position on his part. That would seem to be reasonable and cooperative to me.

But by not bending at all under the cicumstances (a new coaching staff that is putting in a new defensive system, all of his teammates being there, the disappointing record of the team last season, etc.) he seems to me to be someone who is either just simply rebelling against authority or perhaps is trying to influence Mike Shanahan to trade him.

When I consider the strong personalities of the principle antagonists in this drama (Haynesworth and Shanahan) it's hard for me to imagine it ending with AH playing football for the Redskins. Trading Haynesworth would be the worst case scenario for me because I think that Albert is an exceptionally good football player who makes us a better team.
In a way, it would look more peculiar if he said I'm totally committed to getting better and to do that I need to workout on my own, and have no distractions, and I'm totally focused on working out and getting better....but I can take a few days off to break my routine leading up to training camp
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  

Advertisements
Old 05-12-2010, 10:13 AM   #182
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,311
Re: Haynesworth is Behaving Selfishly

Maybe he'll pull a Jamarcus Russell?
THAT should be fun........
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline  
Old 05-12-2010, 10:37 AM   #183
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Haynesworth is Behaving Selfishly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
In a way, it would look more peculiar if he said I'm totally committed to getting better and to do that I need to workout on my own, and have no distractions, and I'm totally focused on working out and getting better....but I can take a few days off to break my routine leading up to training camp
i'm not sure i understand your comment/tone. are you on AH's side and saying that his being a selfish lazy jerk is the right thing and justifying the thing's he's saying and doing?
BigHairedAristocrat is offline  
Old 05-12-2010, 11:00 AM   #184
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,810
Re: Haynesworth is Behaving Selfishly

I'm saying it's not really that surprising and shouldn't be repeatedly overanalyzed for something it's not
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 05-12-2010, 11:06 AM   #185
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,544
Re: Haynesworth is Behaving Selfishly

But what are you really saying? Hmmmm
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 05-12-2010, 11:13 AM   #186
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: Haynesworth is Behaving Selfishly

There's nothing I would like more than for Haynesworth to make a public statement enlightning people on the progress he's making on his own. How he feels about all the controversy that continues to swirl around him, and his plan of approach to the upcoming season.

The complete and absolute silence on his part has been less than reassuring, a word form him somewhere along to way could go a long way towards relieving some of the tension and anxiety that has become a daily distraction.

However, I have been encouraged by the way Shanahan continues to dismiss media questions regarding the Haynesworth situation. One can sense it's becoming taxing for him to be asked the same question every day, and he being forced to give the same answer EVERY DAY. His reaction is in the form of a question; When are you going to stop asking that same question?
Longtimefan is offline  
Old 05-12-2010, 11:23 AM   #187
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,544
Re: Haynesworth is Behaving Selfishly

The issue is between AH and the team. No need for either party to issue statements regarding it.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 05-12-2010, 11:31 AM   #188
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: Haynesworth is Behaving Selfishly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
The issue is between AH and the team. No need for either party to issue statements regarding it.
He's not obligated, but there are a lot of fans that I've talked too ( here in this area anyway) that would like to hear a word from him in his defense. As much as this guy has been talked about his situation is known all over the world. It should be between him and the team, but unfortunately for everyone, that's not the way it has turned out.
Longtimefan is offline  
Old 05-12-2010, 12:10 PM   #189
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Haynesworth is Behaving Selfishly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
The issue is between AH and the team. No need for either party to issue statements regarding it.
True, but when you're the highest paid defensive player in league history and you're the only player absent all spring, well....

As Pocket$ and SS mentioned- I'm not in any way surprised he's absent, sadly. This is jerk we knew we were getting when we signed him. His introductory press conference was a bunch of crap. It kind of bums me out that our highest paid/probably most talented player is my least favorite Redskin.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline  
Old 05-12-2010, 12:13 PM   #190
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Haynesworth is Behaving Selfishly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
He's not obligated, but there are a lot of fans that I've talked too ( here in this area anyway) that would like to hear a word from him in his defense. As much as this guy has been talked about his situation is known all over the world. It should be between him and the team, but unfortunately for everyone, that's not the way it has turned out.
Totally agree. I've been listening to the local sports stations here, and the sentiment here in D.C., besides disgust for Haynesworth, seems to be that at least he can clear the air a little bit, if not entirely.

I do think that if Haynesworth comes to camp in shape and gets after it, these feelings will subside and everybody will be looking towards the season opener vs. Dallas. Whether we like it or not, we need this dude in the lineup come opening night.
12thMan is offline  
Old 05-12-2010, 12:25 PM   #191
The Starter
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 2,350
Re: Haynesworth is Behaving Selfishly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Totally agree. I've been listening to the local sports stations here, and the sentiment here in D.C., besides disgust for Haynesworth, seems to be that at least he can clear the air a little bit, if not entirely.

I do think that if Haynesworth comes to camp in shape and gets after it, these feelings will subside and everybody will be looking towards the season opener vs. Dallas. Whether we like it or not, we need this dude in the lineup come opening night.
Your summation is probably as close to universal agreement as we're gonna get on this thread. I'd hate to go against Dallas without him.
KI Skins Fan is offline  
Old 05-12-2010, 12:46 PM   #192
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Haynesworth is Behaving Selfishly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
The issue is between AH and the team. No need for either party to issue statements regarding it.
when everyone else IS making an issue of it (and lets be honest, large portions of the fanbase and media ARE making a huge deal of it), I would think it would benefit Haynesworth's image tremendously if he made a statement. All he would have to do is say, "look, I love being a washington redskin. We've got a great coaching staff and am excited about accomplishing great things this year. These offseason activities are voluntary. I'm staying in Tennessee to spend time with my family. I'll be there for all mandatory activities. In the meantime, I'm getting myself in great shape so I can have my best season yet in 2010."


Instead, Haynesworth's public comments thusfar in the offseason have been lukewarm at best, and its obviously deliberate. Like Smoot said, we shouldnt be surprised by any of it. We knew what we were getting when we brought him here.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline  
Old 05-12-2010, 12:56 PM   #193
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,814
Re: Haynesworth is Behaving Selfishly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
when everyone else IS making an issue of it (and lets be honest, large portions of the fanbase and media ARE making a huge deal of it), I would think it would benefit Haynesworth's image tremendously if he made a statement. All he would have to do is say, "look, I love being a washington redskin. We've got a great coaching staff and am excited about accomplishing great things this year. These offseason activities are voluntary. I'm staying in Tennessee to spend time with my family. I'll be there for all mandatory activities. In the meantime, I'm getting myself in great shape so I can have my best season yet in 2010."


Instead, Haynesworth's public comments thusfar in the offseason have been lukewarm at best, and its obviously deliberate. Like Smoot said, we shouldnt be surprised by any of it. We knew what we were getting when we brought him here.
Let's be honest, I believe you have said multiple times how nothing AH or the FO say is worth anything. IF AH came out and said what you just asked for, MULTIPLE sources and commentators would speculate that he was trying to look good for any possible trade partners. Then we would be in this thread and several posters would take up that slogan and say that AH is cynically playing to the media so another team will take him.

Nothing he says or doesn't say is going to appeal to the part of the fan base that hates, or really dislikes, AH and his salary. What he has said, that he wants to be the best DT in the league, and if the team tells him to play NT he will, but he'd rather not, SHOULD be enough, if all people wanted was hearing the right words.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline  
Old 05-12-2010, 12:58 PM   #194
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,789
Re: Haynesworth is Behaving Selfishly

My guess is that AH has not "cleared the air" because he doesn't give a flying fork about what you, I, or talking heads on NFLN think. Nor should he. We're the ones who are making mountains out of molehills.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline  
Old 05-12-2010, 01:01 PM   #195
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,810
Re: Haynesworth is Behaving Selfishly

Well this link has been posted a few times before but...doesn't seem to be complaining much here about the coaches or the Skins

Beyond the Athlete: Albert Haynesworth Part*II - Beyond The Athlete - Back Sports Page
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.42853 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25