Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Haynesworth is Behaving Selfishly

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2010, 02:26 PM   #16
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: Haynesworth is Behaving Selfishly

Unlike Jason Campbell, Shanahan has explictly said they were not going to trade him. Yeah sure, they listened to offers from Tennessee, but do you really think that these guys are just tight buyers but loose sellers? Tennessee would be getting a near-certain Pro Bowler for themselves while we get what, a second round draft pick? If I was giving someone a Pro Bowler, I expect a Pro Bowler or something equal to that in return, and Tennessee was predictably NOT accommodating and hence they went about parroting to the media that they weren't going to trade Al. That's what I think went through their minds. They guessed Tenn wasn't going to cough up the goods, so Shanahan just told Schefter to say they weren't trading him to help make Schefter's already-good rep even better.
SirClintonPortis is offline  

Advertisements
Old 05-07-2010, 02:30 PM   #17
Playmaker
 
cpayne5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,807
Re: Haynesworth is Behaving Selfishly

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
AH is a mercenary. He plays for money. His two biggest seasons came in contract years.
Stop the presses! A football player playing the game for money.

The whole "he played hard during a contract year" is a bit overblown, IMO. Players generally peak after they've been in the league a few years, so it's natural that they would play well right as their rookie contract is running out (usually 4 or 5 years in). I'm sure that there are some players who certainly play harder in a contract year, but I also think that what I said above skews perception a bit and people make assumptions.
cpayne5 is offline  
Old 05-07-2010, 02:44 PM   #18
The Starter
 
Redskin Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 1,479
Re: Haynesworth is Behaving Selfishly

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
Is AH our new JC? Will he become our new Lavar?
What do you mean by that?
__________________
WIN, LOSE OR DRAW I'M A DIE-HARD REDSKIN FAN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
First they ban winning...now this?
Redskin Warrior is offline  
Old 05-07-2010, 02:50 PM   #19
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,799
Re: Haynesworth is Behaving Selfishly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin Warrior View Post
What do you mean by that?
Probably that people will create a million threads about the same discussion regarding Haynesworth....like this one.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 05-07-2010, 03:28 PM   #20
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,505
Re: Haynesworth is Behaving Selfishly

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
close this thread. why a repost of an ongoing thread. No links, no articles, etc.
First a thread on trading Haynesworth for Clady and now one dedicated to Haynesworth behaving selfishly. Anyone want to guess when the next thread biased towards Haynesworth will strike The Warpath?

In the meantime please take a moment to view my own personal Haynesworth thread.
http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-l...s-trainer.html (Albert Haynesworth and His Trainer)
__________________
6.6710−11 m3 kg−1 s−2

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 05-07-2010, 03:30 PM   #21
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,479
Re: Haynesworth is Behaving Selfishly

Larry Weisman put it very well:

Larry Weisman

Can we stop being surprised Albert Haynesworth isn't at voluntary minicamp? He said he wouldn't be and, sadly, he's a man of his word.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline  
Old 05-07-2010, 04:03 PM   #22
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: Haynesworth is Behaving Selfishly

Enough Haynesworth already!!....It's beginning to sound like a broken record. I'm more interested in the guys that ARE here.
Longtimefan is offline  
Old 05-07-2010, 04:10 PM   #23
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,479
Re: Haynesworth is Behaving Selfishly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
Enough Haynesworth already!!....It's beginning to sound like a broken record. I'm more interested in the guys that ARE here.
Mike is that you????
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline  
Old 05-07-2010, 04:18 PM   #24
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: Haynesworth is Behaving Selfishly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Mike is that you????
I hear you CRR....He's made that same statement more than once, I've been hoping it would catch everyone's attention.
Longtimefan is offline  
Old 05-07-2010, 04:49 PM   #25
Camp Scrub
 
Whiskeybilt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: No Hope PA, north of beautiful Philly
Posts: 22
Re: Haynesworth is Behaving Selfishly

He is going to one of the top trainers in the country and paying him out of his own pocket, instead of staying here and training for free, because he didn't get the results on the field he wanted to last year.

Can somebody explain how that is being selfish?

The guy is giving him position specific work outs as well.
Whiskeybilt is offline  
Old 05-07-2010, 09:53 PM   #26
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Haynesworth is Behaving Selfishly

Bump
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 05-08-2010, 12:06 PM   #27
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,249
Re: Haynesworth is Behaving Selfishly

In response to the closed threads and most recent Phat Albert stories, the NFL media is just looking for something to report now that we are in the slow period of the year. I bought in to him possibly being a problem earlier in the year, but now I really think if Shanny and Bruce had a problem with him, we could have moved him by now. I really think this is a non issue unless he doesnt show for a mandatory event, but i think Phat Albert is smart enough to go along at this point...I think AH main issue was the fact we sucked last year and he realized the ineptness of our bullshit coaching staff after the fact. Winning cures all problems, I think we come out and start playing up our talent level, Phat Albert will be part of the that solution...
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is online now  
Old 05-08-2010, 12:31 PM   #28
Impact Rookie
 
skinster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 754
Re: Haynesworth is Behaving Selfishly

Allright so he is definitely a problem. What situation do you guys most likely playing out?

1) Release
2) He plays NT
3) He plays DE (3-4)
4) He gets traded (What is the market like for him? What teams would even want him now? The teams we got in a bidding war with for him (NYG, TB) have already addressed that position, and TN went for the DL in draft)
5) Other option:explain

I honestly have no idea what will happen. I do not think a trade is realistic because we will not get proper value considering there is not much of a market, and I do not think that the redskins will bend and let him play DE in the 3-4.
I think the most likely thing that will happen is he will not put in much effort, show his unhappiness by not showing up. Then he eventually will, and play, but not with as much effort as he should. The redskins might compromise a little bit by letting him rush occasionally, but not enough to make him happy while he will mainly still stop the run. Then he will be released next season. After his poor play and poor attitude, he will not get a huge contract and, we will get a 4th round compensatory pick for him.
My other scenario is that he just straight up gets released sometime, and we get a 3rd round compensatory pick next year.
My ideal situation is that some key 3-4 DT gets hurt, and we trade him for at least a 2nd and a 6th....a third will not satisfy me in a trade...even a 2nd is not good value in my mind considering seymour went for a 1st, but I know there is not a market out there for him so I will take what I can get.
skinster is offline  
Old 05-08-2010, 01:20 PM   #29
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,361
Re: Haynesworth is Behaving Selfishly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeybilt View Post
He is going to one of the top trainers in the country and paying him out of his own pocket, instead of staying here and training for free, because he didn't get the results on the field he wanted to last year.

Can somebody explain how that is being selfish?

The guy is giving him position specific work outs as well.
As long as his trainer is not named JaMarcus Russell, everything is cool.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline  
Old 05-08-2010, 05:08 PM   #30
Special Teams
 
RedskinMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Odenton, MD
Age: 35
Posts: 301
Re: Haynesworth is Behaving Selfishly

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinster View Post
Allright so he is definitely a problem. What situation do you guys most likely playing out?

1) Release
2) He plays NT
3) He plays DE (3-4)
4) He gets traded (What is the market like for him? What teams would even want him now? The teams we got in a bidding war with for him (NYG, TB) have already addressed that position, and TN went for the DL in draft)
5) Other option:explain

I honestly have no idea what will happen. I do not think a trade is realistic because we will not get proper value considering there is not much of a market, and I do not think that the redskins will bend and let him play DE in the 3-4.
I think the most likely thing that will happen is he will not put in much effort, show his unhappiness by not showing up. Then he eventually will, and play, but not with as much effort as he should. The redskins might compromise a little bit by letting him rush occasionally, but not enough to make him happy while he will mainly still stop the run. Then he will be released next season. After his poor play and poor attitude, he will not get a huge contract and, we will get a 4th round compensatory pick for him.
My other scenario is that he just straight up gets released sometime, and we get a 3rd round compensatory pick next year.
My ideal situation is that some key 3-4 DT gets hurt, and we trade him for at least a 2nd and a 6th....a third will not satisfy me in a trade...even a 2nd is not good value in my mind considering seymour went for a 1st, but I know there is not a market out there for him so I will take what I can get.
No comp picks on players who are released, only on players lost to free agency.
RedskinMike is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29905 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25