Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Thank Goodness We DON'T Have Tom Brady

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 12:15 PM   #31
The Starter
 
rbanerjee23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,392
Re: Thank Goodness We DON'T Have Tom Brady

Wow what a piece of trash...caring more about his kids than playing football
__________________
"Tough times don't last but tough people do"

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-10-2010, 12:18 PM   #32
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Thank Goodness We DON'T Have Tom Brady

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
They should trade his ass but who would want a malcontent like that? The dude's a cancer and a disruption to his team! For the kind of money he's making he should LIVE at the practice facility. He epitomizes the term "Spoiled, selfish, athlete". Bastard! Man these guys piss me off!
The word "cancer" gets thrown around too easily. Haynesworth is FAR from a "cancer".

Pacman Jones, Roy Williams, Plaxico Burress, they're "cancers".
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:25 PM   #33
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: Thank Goodness We DON'T Have Tom Brady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
What is he getting away with? Saying that he wants to train on his own because he admits last season wasn't his best (yet he still was prob one of the best defensive player in a unit that wasn't coached that well)? Saying that he would be best suited to play DE and not NT in the 3-4, and that he'll play whatever the team tells him to do anyway?

Are you saying that AH's situation is worst than when Shawn Springs completely disappearing during the offseason a few seasons ago? Or the Miami players on this team training on their own because they felt like it?

Like I said, people need to get over the 100 mil stuff. Personally, I wish Haynesworth was training with the team, however, I don't think this is the worst thing that could be happening with the team.

You know what I think is worst than this? Changing to the 3-4 and creating a whole bunch of needs on team that didn't have many draft picks. But still, I'm willing to give MS the benefit of the doubt.
I admire you Rushkins for taking a stand and continuing to not waver. Your feelings have been consistent throughout. You're not one of those people that say good things about a player when everyone else is saying good things, then when they start saying bad things, they say bad things too. "Going along to get along" If one thinks Haynesworth is fat, lazy, not a team player and all the other things that have been said to characterize him, continue to say those same things if he has a pro-bowl season...........rant over.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:28 PM   #34
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Thank Goodness We DON'T Have Tom Brady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
The word "cancer" gets thrown around too easily. Haynesworth is FAR from a "cancer".

Pacman Jones, Roy Williams, Plaxico Burress, they're "cancers".
just curious - what has roy williams done to be labeled a cancer? I'd say T.O. is the preimminent example.

On a side-note, any chance the Skins make a run at Burress? I seem to remember reading somewhere that he'd be eligible for parole before the season starts.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:31 PM   #35
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 43
Posts: 4,920
Re: Thank Goodness We DON'T Have Tom Brady

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Clearly you did not look at my valuable custom User Title. This was witty cynicism at its finest. Tom Brady should no more be cut then AH. But I imagine, without looking that somewhere in the blogospher, vbbulletin world, is a thread and page of a Patriots fans who believe that Tom Brady ought to be at camp first as he always was.
I can't believe that as many people took your OP seriously. Lol, it must be the offseason cause people are just itching to disagree about anything!
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:36 PM   #36
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Thank Goodness We DON'T Have Tom Brady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
I can't believe that as many people took your OP seriously. Lol, it must be the offseason cause people are just itching to disagree about anything!
i disagree with your assertation that people are disagreeing with the OP. i don't think anyone here ever disagrees with anyone else about anything.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:42 PM   #37
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,012
Re: Thank Goodness We DON'T Have Tom Brady

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
just curious - what has roy williams done to be labeled a cancer? I'd say T.O. is the preimminent example.

On a side-note, any chance the Skins make a run at Burress? I seem to remember reading somewhere that he'd be eligible for parole before the season starts.
Agreed, Roy Williams is not a cancer, they just gave a lot of picks for him and the team never got a #1 WR out of him. You could make the argument that AH is in that same category, they gave him a ton of money and the team finished 4-12 and he didn't play up to the expectation of the money given to him.

However, this is much different than the current situation, and I'd agree with the original post regarding the word "cancer", Haynesworth is far from it.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:46 PM   #38
The Starter
 
MonkFan4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 37
Posts: 1,840
Re: Thank Goodness We DON'T Have Tom Brady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
It still baffles me why people see him and all of this as such a big problem.
I guess it's because people still see Danny when they see him. You have to realize that we are told to hate everything that is or is liked by Danny. haynesworth is seen as a Danny guy so we are supposed to hate him and want him out of here. Much like Portis, we are supposed to want him traded or cut but we would want to keep a Jason Campbell. For no reason but because he is a nice guy. Had Vinny traded Campbell the world would've ended but let me get back on subject.

We all knew that Haynesworth wouldn't be at the mini-camps because he was going to work with his own trainer. The guy showed up day one last offseason and bought it in. When the season started people criticized him for being overweight and out of shape. So he goes with who he knows can get him into shape. Much like Springs leaving and working out on his own, Sean Taylor choosing to take the time that he had off as opposed to being here the entire time, or even jason Campbell choosing to stay away after McNabb was brought in. What if he never get's traded ? He still would have had to know the same new system right ? We pick and choose when to be upset and who to be upset with. I personally don't care if he shows up to any of the voluntary camps. As long as when he walks on the field ready when the Cowboys show up Game 1,... I'm good !

Because I don't know about you guys but unless you run your own company, if your job called you to come in for some voluntary hours are you going in ? I know I'll be at home laughing every time I recall the conversation while drinking a beer.
__________________
Catch me on YouTube !

http://www.youtube.com/user/DowntimeRB?feature=mhw5

The "punishment" by the league : "It's like getting a ticket for going too fast on a road a week ago and they changed the speed limit today"
MonkFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:54 PM   #39
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: Thank Goodness We DON'T Have Tom Brady

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkFan4Life View Post
I guess it's because people still see Danny when they see him. You have to realize that we are told to hate everything that is or is liked by Danny. haynesworth is seen as a Danny guy so we are supposed to hate him and want him out of here. Much like Portis, we are supposed to want him traded or cut but we would want to keep a Jason Campbell. For no reason but because he is a nice guy. Had Vinny traded Campbell the world would've ended but let me get back on subject.

We all knew that Haynesworth wouldn't be at the mini-camps because he was going to work with his own trainer. The guy showed up day one last offseason and bought it in. When the season started people criticized him for being overweight and out of shape. So he goes with who he knows can get him into shape. Much like Springs leaving and working out on his own, Sean Taylor choosing to take the time that he had off as opposed to being here the entire time, or even jason Campbell choosing to stay away after McNabb was brought in. What if he never get's traded ? He still would have had to know the same new system right ? We pick and choose when to be upset and who to be upset with. I personally don't care if he shows up to any of the voluntary camps. As long as when he walks on the field ready when the Cowboys show up Game 1,... I'm good !

Because I don't know about you guys but unless you run your own company, if your job called you to come in for some voluntary hours are you going in ? I know I'll be at home laughing every time I recall the conversation while drinking a beer.
You're absolutely correct, the problem is you probably won't make much head-way with the haters.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:57 PM   #40
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,012
Re: Thank Goodness We DON'T Have Tom Brady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
You're absolutely correct, the problem is you probably won't make much head-way with the haters.
Especially if he doesn't show up to mandatory camp, which would give a lot of fuel to the fire. Though I think (and hope that) he'll show up.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:01 PM   #41
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: Thank Goodness We DON'T Have Tom Brady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Especially if he doesn't show up to mandatory camp, which would give a lot of fuel to the fire. Though I think (and hope that) he'll show up.
He'll show up. Haynesworth is not a dummy, he won't give them any reason to fine him. If for any reason he dosen't show-up for mandatory, they'll really have something to talk about then.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:34 PM   #42
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,063
Re: Thank Goodness We DON'T Have Tom Brady

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
just curious - what has roy williams done to be labeled a cancer? I'd say T.O. is the preimminent example.

On a side-note, any chance the Skins make a run at Burress? I seem to remember reading somewhere that he'd be eligible for parole before the season starts.
If we do not have the moral standards to say no to Plax, let's hope we have the IQ standards to say no to someone STUPID enough to shoot himself!
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
ďItís all the political correct idiots in America, thatís all it is. Itís got nothing to do with anything else.
-Mike Ditka
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:39 PM   #43
Impact Rookie
 
tootergray34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 681
Re: Thank Goodness We DON'T Have Tom Brady

yeah...i'm sure Brady really needs to put more time in at QB...not sure if he has that position on LOCK yet. Could see a sleeper come up and take his position...
__________________
---HAIL!!!---
tootergray34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:44 PM   #44
The Starter
 
MonkFan4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 37
Posts: 1,840
Re: Thank Goodness We DON'T Have Tom Brady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
You're absolutely correct, the problem is you probably won't make much head-way with the haters.
I know that I won't. Their opinion is their opinion, I don't agree with it at all because i think a lot of this is taken too seriously at times. It would be nice for him to be there, but I can't get upset because it's not mandatory. We all know about voluntary actually equalling mandatory but I mean if you can take the time off, take it off. Like I said, once the Cowboys show up as long as he's the monster that none of those back ups that talk shit can be, I'm fine.
__________________
Catch me on YouTube !

http://www.youtube.com/user/DowntimeRB?feature=mhw5

The "punishment" by the league : "It's like getting a ticket for going too fast on a road a week ago and they changed the speed limit today"
MonkFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:55 PM   #45
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,674
Re: Thank Goodness We DON'T Have Tom Brady

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
just curious - what has roy williams done to be labeled a cancer? I'd say T.O. is the preimminent example.

On a side-note, any chance the Skins make a run at Burress? I seem to remember reading somewhere that he'd be eligible for parole before the season starts.
Burress isn't eligible for parole before 20 months
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.34958 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25