Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins Sign Vonnie Holliday

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2010, 08:10 AM   #1
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,111
Redskins Sign Vonnie Holliday

Redskins sign Holliday...

Source: Washington Redskins, DE Vonnie Holliday agree to contract - ESPN
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-17-2010, 08:17 AM   #2
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,987
Re: Redskins Sign Vonnie Holliday

We sure love d-lineman
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:26 AM   #3
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Redskins Sign Vonnie Holliday

^ I know. I know they said it but I have to keep reminding myself that the coach's seem content with our O-linemen we have now. They must be making sure there is not a issue with changing scheme's on defense.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:27 AM   #4
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Redskins Sign Vonnie Holliday

Isn't Vonnie Holliday a singer?
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:36 AM   #5
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,773
Re: Redskins Sign Vonnie Holliday

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
^ I know. I know they said it but I have to keep reminding myself that the coach's seem content with our O-linemen we have now. They must be making sure there is not a issue with changing scheme's on defense.
I agree on both parts. I would love to see us bringing as many OL as we have DL. I do think bringing DL in is a way to say to AH that we will have a plan if he doesn't show up in shape. I hope that Capers long term is an excellent draft pick, maybe even getting playing time at the RT spot this year.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:38 AM   #6
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,773
Re: Redskins Sign Vonnie Holliday

We also love ex-1st rounders. I think Smoot had the stat before of how many of our players were drafted in the first round, and you can add V. Holliday to the list.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:43 AM   #7
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,987
Re: Redskins Sign Vonnie Holliday

For those keeping score we currently have 15 OL on the roster, 12 DL.

The DL number doesn't count guys like Carter, Jarmon, or Rak who are listed as LB.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:58 AM   #8
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Redskins Sign Vonnie Holliday

If all goes well and everyone comes in healthy I sit back and think about the 2010 Redsksin D-line and wonder how nasty it can be.... Daniels, Kemoeatu, Haynesworth. All I keep seeing is the pockets for the QB's collapsing constantly. I know AH is supposed to fill in at NT but I look at the idea of Daniels, Kemoeatu, Hanesworth and think putting Orakpo on one side rushing and just about anyone of the other and OL will be saying just stay in the shot gun and get rid of the ball fast.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:04 AM   #9
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,773
Re: Redskins Sign Vonnie Holliday

I think your scenario is right, and we will have a flex front, where we may show 3 DL and then have Orakpo or the other side OLB walk up pre snap to change the look. I am excited about the DL potential
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:17 AM   #10
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,392
Re: Redskins Sign Vonnie Holliday

It's definitely going to look different than the defense we've seen the last couple of years. Not as predictable.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:28 AM   #11
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: Redskins Sign Vonnie Holliday

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I think your scenario is right, and we will have a flex front, where we may show 3 DL and then have Orakpo or the other side OLB walk up pre snap to change the look. I am excited about the DL potential
We really have to go back a-ways to a time when we had a D/L this flexible. Will be interesting to see out of all the new additions, just which one's make the final roster.

Depending on how much the 3-4 is going to be deployed during the course of the season, there may be more of a need to keep D/L - L/B types, the breakdown will certainly be worth watching. For far too long we have been less than enthused about the D/L this time of year.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:32 AM   #12
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,544
Re: Redskins Sign Vonnie Holliday

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
If all goes well and everyone comes in healthy I sit back and think about the 2010 Redsksin D-line and wonder how nasty it can be.... Daniels, Kemoeatu, Haynesworth. All I keep seeing is the pockets for the QB's collapsing constantly. I know AH is supposed to fill in at NT but I look at the idea of Daniels, Kemoeatu, Hanesworth and think putting Orakpo on one side rushing and just about anyone of the other and OL will be saying just stay in the shot gun and get rid of the ball fast.
Too many question marks all over the D-line. I do like the low risk high reward type signings but I wonder if any of these guys can actually play. Daniels can't run around my mother so he's a complete waste of time and a roster spot. Kemoeatu didn't play last year and is coming off a serious injury. Haynesworth may or may not be in shape. Carriker also is coming off an injury and even when he was played he really showed nothing. Jarmon is also coming off an injury. Not sure how Carter fits in with the new defense. Holiday is got to be on the other side of 35 and has bounced around the last hfew years. I'd say the only guy that we can 100% count on is Orakpo.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:37 AM   #13
The Starter
 
joethiesmanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,163
Re: Redskins Sign Vonnie Holliday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
We sure love d-lineman
I know right.
__________________
BP Bush/Palin 2012
joethiesmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:38 AM   #14
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,277
Re: Redskins Sign Vonnie Holliday

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Too many question marks all over the D-line. I do like the low risk high reward type signings but I wonder if any of these guys can actually play. Daniels can't run around my mother so he's a complete waste of time and a roster spot. Kemoeatu didn't play last year and is coming off a serious injury. Haynesworth may or may not be in shape. Carriker also is coming off an injury and even when he was played he really showed nothing. Jarmon is also coming off an injury. Not sure how Carter fits in with the new defense. Holiday is got to be on the other side of 35 and has bounced around the last hfew years. I'd say the only guy that we can 100% count on is Orakpo.
agreed. Why change the D.......Our offensive line was offensive. Change that.
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:43 AM   #15
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,987
Re: Redskins Sign Vonnie Holliday

Anytime you change a D there are going to be question marks. That shouldn't scare you away from making a change though.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.25796 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25