Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


HGH DR. linked to Redskins Player

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2010, 02:20 AM   #166
Camp Scrub
 
redskins121684's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 31
Re: HGH DR. linked to Redskins Player

Romanowski is saying this because he's the poster boy for HGH. He loves that stuff. I think his wife had something like 6 perscriptions for HGH. He's part of that movement toward giving all players access to the hormone. I don't disagree with his reasoning HGH could probably save a lot of players a world of hurt when they are in their forties and fifties but it won't happen. The NFL doesn't want to tackle this thing because they realize HGH is a necessity. The NFL needs its best players to play and one way to achieve that is HGH. They can't publicly endorse a product demonized by organizations like the world anti doping agency. The way you handle it is you turn a blind eyes, you don't test, and you hope players use some kkind of discretion. Rodney Harrison messed up that last part. Santana probably won't be suspended any time soon, the NFL wants to let this thing play out, when have they ever done that under the watchful eye of Goodell, he suspended a player based on sex assault allegations where no charges arose (I am not defending Rapistburger I hate him I only make the point to emphasize Goodell could be described as trigger happy)? This drug is commonplace, moreover it's needed. I don't condone steroid use by a player but HGH isn't steroids and Moss was trying to heal himself. You can make the argument that HGH is performance enhancing but when a player uses the drug to get back to their original performance standard what can you say? You could make the same argument about IVs at halftime. A player gets dehydrated and they take an IV to get rehydrated FASTER, I know IVs are available to every player but at the end of the day most if not all NFL players can afford HGH, even guys making the minimum and they have access, there are always black market guys available to the players to get this stuff. This is a very dicey spot it presents to the NFL players who sought medical treatment and were treated with HGH. Moreover if you say HGH is cheating by a player because it utilizes measures not available to all players to achieve original performance ability then you enter a slippery slope. What of microfracture surgery for players, a procedure that most college programs will not reccomend because it's expensive, Tommy John surgery, knee reconstruction, or joint replacement. Sally Jenkins wrote a great article for the post yesterday and she made a very serious point.

We, as fans, expect more all the time. We expect the threshold for performance to increase all the time. That's unrealistic. The warrior mentality that these guys have, ultimately, leads to their demise. I will not fault a guy for trying to heal his body because he got the snot knocked out of him entertaining me on Sundays, I can't do that, and what's more I don't think the league will do that. HGH isn't steroids it's a whole different animal it does different things to the body.

I think if we want to forecast the league standing on Moss the greatest likelihood is that he will not be suspended at all. The evidence is cirsumstantial and clouded by the defendant. We should realize that in the Harrison case he made an admission in open court, Moss likely will not have to do that, he may go in front of a grand jusry but language is key. He can say things without actually saying things and hopefully that is what he does.
redskins121684 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-21-2010, 03:19 AM   #167
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: HGH DR. linked to Redskins Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
Anyone else notice the "Doctor Prescribed HGH" and "GenF20 HGH Releaser" Google ads below Busters post at the top of the page? It seems to me that like most things it can be abused, but it also can be used in a very beneficial manner. Maybe the NFL should revisit their stance on HGH and how it is used to treat injuries.
Most (well at least text-based) ad networks run content-based ads.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:18 AM   #168
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,975
Re: HGH DR. linked to Redskins Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
Does this have anything to do with that?

Washington D.C. What's good?! about 13 hours ago via UberTwitter
Ha! Didn't see that.

Anyhow, full disclosure, way back when, (Feb/March) when the Saints and Skins were talking about various players Lance Moore was brought up for a minute. It was apparently so brief though that didn't seem like any big deal. But now...could be
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:48 PM   #169
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: HGH DR. linked to Redskins Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Ha! Didn't see that.

Anyhow, full disclosure, way back when, (Feb/March) when the Saints and Skins were talking about various players Lance Moore was brought up for a minute. It was apparently so brief though that didn't seem like any big deal. But now...could be
Nice nice.. I had just run a google search to find out his current contract status/tender and decided to check out his twitter while at it.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:03 PM   #170
The Starter
 
T.O.Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin, MD
Posts: 2,033
Re: HGH DR. linked to Redskins Player

I am pretty sure the Redskins FO knew this was coming. That why they brought in so many reievers. I dont buy Jason Ried's story that this may change their mind about TO. If the sign TO it would not be because they just found this out.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:14 PM   #171
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,975
Re: HGH DR. linked to Redskins Player

Teams almost always have a heads up on this kind of stuff
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:54 PM   #172
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,882
Re: HGH DR. linked to Redskins Player

FakeBruceAllen

Officially I have no comment on the Santana Moss situation. Unofficially I have set up an apt between Dr. Galea and Portis. #Redskins
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 03:11 PM   #173
Camp Scrub
 
redskins121684's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 31
Re: HGH DR. linked to Redskins Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
FakeBruceAllen

Officially I have no comment on the Santana Moss situation. Unofficially I have set up an apt between Dr. Galea and Portis. #Redskins

redskins121684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:16 PM   #174
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: HGH DR. linked to Redskins Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
I am pretty sure the Redskins FO knew this was coming. That why they brought in so many reievers. I dont buy Jason Ried's story that this may change their mind about TO. If the sign TO it would not be because they just found this out.
We ALWAYS bring in a ton of WRs. Roydell is a frequent invite/cut.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 09:33 PM   #175
Camp Scrub
 
redskins121684's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 31
Re: HGH DR. linked to Redskins Player

Do any of the guys they brought in have the speed that Moss has. I know they say Galloway can still move but he can't be faster than moss. I just assumed they brought in these extra bodies to motivate/mentor Thomas and Kelly.
redskins121684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:26 AM   #176
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: HGH DR. linked to Redskins Player

Can someone bring me up to date on what happened here so I don't have to read 17 pages of post as I have been out of town for the past 7 days.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:39 AM   #177
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,882
Re: HGH DR. linked to Redskins Player

Here is the Buffalo News story:NFL name emerges in doping case with doctor : City & Region : The Buffalo News

Quote:
Santana Moss, a wide receiver for the NFL’s Washington Redskins, is one of the professional athletes who allegedly received treatment from a Toronto physician charged Tuesday with smuggling muscle-building drugs into the United States, according to sources close to the case.

But at this point, federal prosecutors do not intend to file criminal charges against Moss or any other athlete who had dealings with the doctor.

That word came Wednesday afternoon from William J. Hochul Jr., U. S. attorney in Buffalo.

“At this juncture, any of the persons who are alleged to have used these substances are considered witnesses, and not targets, of this investigation,” Hochul told The Buffalo News.
...
His lawyers, including Mark J. Mahoney of Buffalo, denied the allegations of wrongdoing against the doctor. ...

“Officials of the NFL and other sports organizations can sleep soundly tonight, because there is nothing he did with these athletes to help them with performance enhancement,” Mahoney said Wednesday.

“[Galea] strictly provided treatment for injuries. If any athlete got [human growth hormone], it was injected directly into injured tissue, in very small amounts, for purposes of healing.”

Agents questioned more than a dozen American athletes about the treatment they received from Galea, authorities said.

...

Moss, 30, is not mentioned by name in court papers filed in Galea’s case on Tuesday, and the Redskins player is not charged with any crime.

An employee at the Miami Beach office of Moss’ agent, Drew Rosenhaus, declined to comment when contacted by The News.

“There won’t be any comment along those lines from Santana,” said the employee, who did not give his name.
...
Galea never obtained legal permission to work as a doctor or in any other capacity in the United States, according to a court affidavit filed by Justin J. Burnham, an agent with Immigration & Customs Enforcement.
...
Galea’s then-assistant, Mary Anne Catalano, was arrested at the Peace Bridge last Sept. 14, and federal agents found banned drugs, syringes and other medical equipment in her vehicle, authorities said.

Authorities said Catalano was going to transport the drugs to Washington, where Galea was going to treat a pro football player.

Since her arrest, Catalano has cooperated with federal investigators with information about her boss and his treatment of athletes.
I cut out alot, but thought these points were interesting
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:51 PM   #178
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: HGH DR. linked to Redskins Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Can someone bring me up to date on what happened here so I don't have to read 17 pages of post as I have been out of town for the past 7 days.
Out of town you say?

http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lo...tml#post664116 (Does anyone else hate taxes?)
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 05:36 PM   #179
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: HGH DR. linked to Redskins Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Funny.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.35772 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25