Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Why Santana Moss gets a free pass...

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2010, 01:22 PM   #31
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 35
Posts: 5,829
Re: Why Santana Moss gets a free pass...

I just want to reiterate that I do believe that Moss deserves a suspension if it is handed down. I'm just saying that I do not believe that it was his intent to cheat.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-21-2010, 01:24 PM   #32
The Starter
 
joethiesmanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,163
Re: Why Santana Moss gets a free pass...

No Marlboro Man for the Cowboys season opener is my fear.
__________________
BP Bush/Palin 2012
joethiesmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:29 PM   #33
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,829
Re: Why Santana Moss gets a free pass...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
I just want to reiterate that I do believe that Moss deserves a suspension if it is handed down. I'm just saying that I do not believe that it was his intent to cheat.
But the result is cheating. It has been clinically proven the use of HGH alone with no other additive does provide a 4% increase in running speed. Now if someone is going to say well if you inject this way or that way or snort it....
There has to be a line drawn somewhere. It is illegal to use it and no way to test for it or control the use. It needs to stay illegal.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:30 PM   #34
The Starter
 
sandtrapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,593
Re: Why Santana Moss gets a free pass...

Looking back at all sports, not just football, you'll see that on most occasions, these "illegal performance enhancing" substances were used to expedite healing from an injury. But none-the-less, it is still an illegal drug obtained illegally. No matter what the intended use.

But I cannot endorse any suspension by the league without evidence.

Has Moss failed any league mandated drug tests? Do they have any evidence they he actually received these treatments?

Players who ARE suspended for performance enhancing drugs, like Brian Cushing and Shawne Merriman, were all implicated by POSITIVE drug testing and by league testing rules and procedures already in place.

As far as I know, all they have on Moss is an afadavit. In other words, this guy said he did, but other than that, there is no physical eveidence this ever took place.

So until the league endorses using "word of mouth" as fool proof eveidence of illegal activity, LEAVE MOSS ALONE AND LET THE MAN PLAY FOOTBALL!
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:37 PM   #35
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 35
Posts: 5,829
Re: Why Santana Moss gets a free pass...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
But the result is cheating. It has been clinically proven the use of HGH alone with no other additive does provide a 4% increase in running speed. Now if someone is going to say well if you inject this way or that way or snort it....
There has to be a line drawn somewhere. It is illegal to use it and no way to test for it or control the use. It needs to stay illegal.
Let me rephrase, I do not believe that he knew that he was being injected with HGH. Regardless he should still be punished because he is responsible for what goes into his body.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:42 PM   #36
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,829
Re: Why Santana Moss gets a free pass...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
Looking back at all sports, not just football, you'll see that on most occasions, these "illegal performance enhancing" substances were used to expedite healing from an injury. But none-the-less, it is still an illegal drug obtained illegally. No matter what the intended use.

But I cannot endorse any suspension by the league without evidence.

Has Moss failed any league mandated drug tests? Do they have any evidence they he actually received these treatments?

Players who ARE suspended for performance enhancing drugs, like Brian Cushing and Shawne Merriman, were all implicated by POSITIVE drug testing and by league testing rules and procedures already in place.

As far as I know, all they have on Moss is an afadavit. In other words, this guy said he did, but other than that, there is no physical eveidence this ever took place.

So until the league endorses using "word of mouth" as fool proof eveidence of illegal activity, LEAVE MOSS ALONE AND LET THE MAN PLAY FOOTBALL!
I understand your point and it is a legitimate point. But as Ben Roethlisburger is finding out the hard way (LOL!) you do not have to be convicted or have proof positive. It is the illegal or behavior that can get you in trouble. Plus, correct me if I am wrong, but there currently is no test for certain substances that are on the banned list. So....
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 03:22 PM   #37
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,178
Re: Why Santana Moss gets a free pass...

Sandtrap, I agree. I hate that the NFL can suspend people for 'giving the shield a bad name.' While I don't necessarily need a conviction in a court of law, I do need to see significant evidence before suspending anyone. That goes for everyone, past and present, that has been suspended.

That being said, as far as not knowing about HGH or it 'just helping him heal'. HGH is on the banned substances list for a reason. To say he didn't know is a tough pill to swallow. Everyone knows what this Dr. does. If he was really getting blood spinning done, tons of places that are well known and reputable can do blood spinning. This Dr. is a known provider of HGH and I think Moss took it.

We'll wait to see what comes out before I make a determination one way or another, but I think letting him completely off the hook isn't the right way to go. Would you have that same stance if this was Roy Williams from the Cowboys? Steve Smith from the Giants? DeShawn Jackson of the Eagles? I doubt it, you'd want a 4 game suspension, as long as sufficient evidence can be presented.
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 03:54 PM   #38
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 34
Posts: 16,275
Re: Why Santana Moss gets a free pass...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
As of about 12:30 PM, the other name being tossed out there is Tom Brady.....
Ha, I'll give up Santana for a month to see the pretty boy finally get nailed for something.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 03:58 PM   #39
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,202
Re: Why Santana Moss gets a free pass...

I really don't care if the guy injected it. How many guys in the NFL are taking HGH? Probably a lot of them cause they don't test for it. So does it really matter? All this does is gives the media and the fans something to talk about.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 04:32 PM   #40
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,709
Re: Why Santana Moss gets a free pass...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
Let me rephrase, I do not believe that he knew that he was being injected with HGH.

Ok,then why have a Doctor or his assistant fly in from Canada to give you a shot ?
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 04:44 PM   #41
Camp Scrub
 
redskins121684's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 31
Re: Why Santana Moss gets a free pass...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Ok,then why have a Doctor or his assistant fly in from Canada to give you a shot ?
He paid for treatment, he flew the doctor in along with the assistant to receive a treatment for an injury. The treatment included HGH therapy in addition to PRP therapy and administration of a drug called activegan, whether or not he was aware of the fact that HGH was part of the regiment he was receiving remains to be seen, but some of the reports that have come out have said this Dr also had mislabeled drugs in his possession so he could have been trying to mislead patients.
redskins121684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:37 PM   #42
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Why Santana Moss gets a free pass...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Ok,then why have a Doctor or his assistant fly in from Canada to give you a shot ?
HGH isn't the only thing that treatment physicians do

that's like asking why does a Saudi Prince come to America for appendicitis
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:37 PM   #43
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Why Santana Moss gets a free pass...

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskins121684 View Post
He paid for treatment, he flew the doctor in along with the assistant to receive a treatment for an injury. The treatment included HGH therapy in addition to PRP therapy and administration of a drug called activegan, whether or not he was aware of the fact that HGH was part of the regiment he was receiving remains to be seen, but some of the reports that have come out have said this Dr also had mislabeled drugs in his possession so he could have been trying to mislead patients.
there are plenty of these types of docs that do their own personal research.. some of it documented/legal.. some of it not so much
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:13 PM   #44
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,829
Re: Why Santana Moss gets a free pass...

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskins121684 View Post
He paid for treatment, he flew the doctor in along with the assistant to receive a treatment for an injury. The treatment included HGH therapy in addition to PRP therapy and administration of a drug called activegan, whether or not he was aware of the fact that HGH was part of the regiment he was receiving remains to be seen, but some of the reports that have come out have said this Dr also had mislabeled drugs in his possession so he could have been trying to mislead patients.
Doubt it. More like the Doctor mislabeled drugs in order to mislead immigration authorities when he was clearing customs; so he would not get busted for transporting it into the USA.
I find it a stretch to think Moss was mislead. For a guy that gets paid millions to play football and the rules are very clear.
It is sole the responsibility of each player to not allow unknown or unlabeled drugs into their systems. That is a really LAME excuse. If that is his excuse he deserves to be suspended and labeled an idiot.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:51 PM   #45
Registered User
 
GusFrerotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 4,153
Re: Why Santana Moss gets a free pass...

HGH isn't a big deal. You can get L Arginine at any health or vitamin store and it basically gets your body to release HGH naturally. I mean do you really think these guys get to be over 6'5" and over 300 lbs naturally?
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28308 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25