Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Why Santana Moss gets a free pass...

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2010, 08:58 AM   #61
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,027
Re: Why Santana Moss gets a free pass...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethat001 View Post
I care about steroids..

If we don't care about steroids, then:
1) We don't care about the law - they are illegal.
2) The game would be just as fake as wrestling.
3) We'd be cheering for cheaters.
4) We'd be encouraging thousands of youth to start using steroids & destroy their bodies.
5) All the records would be fake.
6) etc. etc.

Here's a reminder about steroid side effects.. And ask yourself if your son (or daughter) starts using steroids because all his favorite players do -- whether you still don't care about it...
Nice post.To put in a way others might understand ....they kill .
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-24-2010, 09:02 AM   #62
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,027
Re: Why Santana Moss gets a free pass...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
Lol that's a bit over-dramatic
no,not really.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:06 AM   #63
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,027
Re: Why Santana Moss gets a free pass...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
The local injection of it used for specific injury treatment isn't really going to be a big enough dose to cause those type of issues. If you can spur growth and repair of tissue it beats having a procedure where they take cells, fibers, or tendons from other areas of your body.
Yes , you are right,to a point.You forgot to mention that this is with a Dr's perscription and care .Most of these guys aren't taking it for the reasons you mention,they are banned for good reason.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:03 AM   #64
The Starter
 
sandtrapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,593
Re: Why Santana Moss gets a free pass...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
I understand your point and it is a legitimate point. But as Ben Roethlisburger is finding out the hard way (LOL!) you do not have to be convicted or have proof positive. It is the illegal or behavior that can get you in trouble. Plus, correct me if I am wrong, but there currently is no test for certain substances that are on the banned list. So....
2 totally different situations and circumstances.

Goodell cannot suspend anyone for violating the leagues substance abuse policy without physical evidence.

However, if he feels that this incident gives the NFL a "black-eye", then Goodell would have to find a way to classify this incident as a violation of the leagues "personal conduct policy".

That is what Big Ben was suspended for. And lest we forget, Ben did it twice in consecutive years BEFORE he was suspended.

Big difference between substance abuse and personal conduct policy.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:44 PM   #65
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Why Santana Moss gets a free pass...

Still confusing HGH and Roids I see...
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:57 PM   #66
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,027
Re: Why Santana Moss gets a free pass...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Still confusing HGH and Roids I see...
...both are banned ,correct ?
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:18 PM   #67
The Starter
 
30gut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,099
Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket$ $traight View Post
Why Santana Moss gets a free pass...
He gets a pass until there more proof.
__________________
No longer were NFL coaches dealing inflexibly with spread [QBs] in ways that caused stunted development for players like [A. Smith and Vick] now, the idea is to bring what the quarterback can do, and what he should do, together as an organic whole
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:52 PM   #68
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Why Santana Moss gets a free pass...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
no,not really.
oh because you said so? your background on the subject being?
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:55 PM   #69
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Why Santana Moss gets a free pass...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Yes , you are right,to a point.You forgot to mention that this is with a Dr's perscription and care .Most of these guys aren't taking it for the reasons you mention,they are banned for good reason.
we're talking about this incident and loosely the treatment that Galea provided, where have you been?
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:14 PM   #70
Camp Scrub
 
Whiskeybilt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: No Hope PA, north of beautiful Philly
Posts: 22
Re: Why Santana Moss gets a free pass...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Still confusing HGH and Roids I see...
People go right to thinking Barry Bonds when they hear PHDs and it's just not even close to the case.

The Romo article defending this doctor are pretty good.
Whiskeybilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:40 AM   #71
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,627
Re: Why Santana Moss gets a free pass...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeybilt View Post
People go right to thinking Barry Bonds when they hear PHDs and it's just not even close to the case.

The Romo article defending this doctor are pretty good.
Dr. Bonds I presume
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:46 AM   #72
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,027
Re: Why Santana Moss gets a free pass...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
oh because you said so? your background on the subject being?
Same as yours.

see#61 and 62
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:42 AM   #73
The Starter
 
#56fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Charlotte NC
Age: 40
Posts: 1,788
Re: Why Santana Moss gets a free pass...

some of the stuff I hear is really disturbing. The guy took an illegal substance. Bottom line...thats it. No defense is necessary. He will and should be suspended, i dont care how many good memories he gave you. Which frankly, aren't too many for a supposed #1, but that is for another day. How anyone can try and justify it is crazy. He knew what was going on, he chose to take the risk of getting caught. Now that he was caught, for whatever the reason may have been, he just needs to come out and say "hey, this is what was going on, I made a mistake blah blah blah... this denial crap all these idiots are doing is just getting tiresome. They take all of us for fools if they actually think what they are saying is believable.
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:35 AM   #74
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,131
Re: Why Santana Moss gets a free pass...

Yikes, sure is a lot of misinformation in this thread. I'm far from an expert but I'm not going to pretend to be either. The HGH issue isn't quite as clearcut as the steroid issue and it's something the league is going to have to address.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:01 AM   #75
Camp Scrub
 
Whiskeybilt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: No Hope PA, north of beautiful Philly
Posts: 22
Re: Why Santana Moss gets a free pass...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Yikes, sure is a lot of misinformation in this thread. I'm far from an expert but I'm not going to pretend to be either. The HGH issue isn't quite as clearcut as the steroid issue and it's something the league is going to have to address.
HGH occurs naturally in our bodies, but we stop producing it at a certain age.

Roids are genetically engineered chemicals, designed to effect performance.

I see a huge difference and don't personally have a problem with a doctor like this finding ways to heel athletes. Not just to get them back on the field and play, but to be able to walk and get out of bed when they hit 50.

Giving a player HGH in small doses, in a controlled fashion, is not much difference than the hormones we put into our meat, that has every American bigger and faster and quicker to mature, than most other countries, IMO.
Whiskeybilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27471 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25